• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Galar Region Anime Discussion

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yeah none of the information that we know so far really screams 'something that i could bring to the anime thread' quite yet!! Perhaps when there is a character I think that could become one of Ash's companions will I have something to say. 'Til then waiting until the official announcement of the Galar anime is th enext best bet.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but after seeing how successful Detective Pikachu was worldwide and how well the 22nd Movie has done in Japan, I worry that the Shield & Sword saga might end up being the first saga of the show that's produced using CGI.

That's what I fear as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I doubt that they'll be changing to CGI for Pokemon. If anything there will be another style change, but keep in mind that a lot of SM fans seem to be more of a fan of the fun series, which could imply be could be going back to a series that is more XY again? Shrug it's kinda vague but i mean every series has have fans needing to 'adjust' to it so I would just take that with a grain of salt.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
I hiiiiiigy doubt the show will go fully CGI, Japan still loves and respects 2D animation and Pokemon is/was very careful about nit shocking the audience with the switch to digital (applying a filter ["applying gauze on purpose" they called it] to make the digital animation look like scanned traditional cells in AG, slowly easing it up later when audiences got used to it)...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-12-09/why-does-pokemon-look-so-different-now/.109646

They have been practicing using CGI for effects dince Battle Frontier, butmore than that, I don't see it!

Back