• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Galar Region Anime Discussion

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Also, considering the infamous Porygon episode, I don't think that the anime writers would ever want to have Porygon appear again outside of small cameos. If the "PorygonDex" is in Sword & Shield then I believe that they will just not give Ash a Pokedex at all.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Rotomdex becomes the phone and stays with ash through galar please and thank you

Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    I don't like that Gym battles happen in stadiums in the games since that might be replicated in the anime, and it would just seem really dumb to me if all of Ash's Gym battles happen in front of thousands of people. It would feel excessive and then his popularity would increase around the region, which would lead to more Ash glorification and I had my fill of that in XY. But the Dynamax thing seems really interesting and I can't wait to see how the anime will handle that.

Honestly if anything, it'll be like contests in Sinnoh. So many trainers will be challenging them then it's likely that Ash shouldn't become too famous. Definitely hopeful that this anime has the quality of XY behind it though. Fingers crossed!

Years
  • galar reminds me of kalos so much. i hope i could say the same when the anime drops. a championship season for ash pls. also a good team

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I said this in SwSh board but Sonia has Lillie vibes. In the games she's Kukui's assistant and Sonia is the Professor's assistant in the upcoming Galar games. Lillie joins Ash as an Alolan protagonist so... and I'm truly spit-balling here, is there a possibility that Sonia could be one of the traveling companions with Ash? He's completely new to the region and Sonia might be itching to get out on her own for a little while. Plus it'd be instant trigger-bait for all the shippers out there(notably Amourshippers).

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • I'd just like to see how they incorporate this "dynomax" into the anime, because personally to me it looks like straight up garbage and lacks any kind of creativity. Another question which of his pokemon will be doing it? Unless of course they will do it with all of them... God I feel like there's going to be barely any hype with the anime. I'm also assuming that there will be another friendly rival, hopefully the evil organization will actually be better than what they sound like. I didn't see any relation to contests, or performances but more on sports, so my prediction is either like you said CodeHelmet the professor's assistant comes along (which will most likely be the character to cook food and have the pokemon knowledge) and then another most likely male which will partake in the sport tournament things.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I'd just like to see how they incorporate this "dynomax" into the anime, because personally to me it looks like straight up garbage and lacks any kind of creativity. Another question which of his pokemon will be doing it? Unless of course they will do it with all of them... God I feel like there's going to be barely any hype with the anime. I'm also assuming that there will be another friendly rival, hopefully the evil organization will actually be better than what they sound like. I didn't see any relation to contests, or performances but more on sports, so my prediction is either like you said CodeHelmet the professor's assistant comes along (which will most likely be the character to cook food and have the pokemon knowledge) and then another most likely male which will partake in the sport tournament things.

The third companion doesn't necessarily have to be Male. We've never had a dynamic where its Ash and 2 Females before. Excluding Alola, its either been 2M/1F, 3M/1F(Hoenn) or 2M/2F(Kalos).

Years
  • ooh if i think about it, sonia and ash would be a good ship hahahaha. always love those good 'ol ship theories. livens up a boring friday weekend :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I think that Sonia is too old to be a companion. I think that she'll be like Alexa where she makes regular appearances from time to time without being a companion.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • I think that Sonia is too old to be a companion. I think that she'll be like Alexa where she makes regular appearances from time to time without being a companion.

Now that is a thought I could get behind, then we will probably just get the female protagonist of the game with him. The accent will throw me off though when compared to her clothes

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I mean, unless they finally reverse the gender roles and have the older member of the team bc the female (as the past two, brock and cilan respectively, were the older ones), i don't really see Sonia being the female companion myself. I think it's still best to hold out and see who the gym leaders are but i feel like it'll either be the female MC (depending on whether she has a side thing she can pursue), or one of the gym leaders as that is technically the route they go in.

though if sonia does end up being the companion that would certain if a different take that they haven't done.

Years
  • I still prefer female playable trainer as a playable as one of the Ash's traveling companions, with the male being an adult only Ash's traveling companion Ash has traveled so far.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • Is there a possibility that we get Ash travelling by himself? It hasn't been a formula they've used before, and it probably won't happen but the option is still there. Then again it depends on how mature the anime will be. With that then depends on how they want to go through Galar, have two-three companions along side, introduce them and give them a story/goal or maybe just maybe there will be a lot more emphasis on Ash's characterization. Really doubt it will happen because that would require way more thought to be put into an episode. I'd go with what Ash (the forum Ash) has to say and wait out til we get more information so we can make better guesses since all that we are talking about is prediction.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i also need someone to catch a yamper (idc who it is just someone) so we can watch it the whole journey ok thanks

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    With the common age of characters such as sonia, nessa and the champion, I am hoping for some interesting stories in the anime.

Also, I am loving the color design with yamper.. I see one of the companions catching one. I am thinking it evolves into the silhouette of an electric dog shape seen on a sign in the background from Direct. That also makes me think there is an electric gym.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    We only know two Gym Leaders at this point. There could be some unrevealed Gym Leaders that are more companion-appropriate than Milo and Nessa.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ( I love Nessa's design but that's a topic for a different thread in a different location lmao )

Yeah I agree. We've only seen two females and neither of them would really fit the "role" of being the male female protag. And we don't have anyone for the male role either but it's still way too early to tell seeing as we've only seen a few characters still. Maybe once we see at least most of the gym leaders (since at least one gym leader is always a companion) we'll have a better idea of who could possibly be a companion.

Back