• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Royalty

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Would you guys like to see a character like N, the "king" of Pokemon, someone so innocent but falls into power/royalty/is groomed for that (considering that it's in Europe most likely, royalty, and being a "king" might be logical). Do you think someone like N is possible again, or do you think he's a one-off in terms of being the "king" of Pokemon? Do you think there might be other kings/queens, now that N has introduced the idea, and Europe is into royal families and such? Would you like to see an official king or queen? Discuss your thoughts.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • I think it would be a neat idea, now that you mention it! A battle between you and the monarch would be pretty intriguing. Battling inside a royal ballroom or dining hall would be awesome though!

Strangely, I can picture there being a queen but I really am not able to picture a king...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Royalty in the game is a cool idea~! Maybe they won't be like N again though; since I like to think that N is one of a kind since he was raised with pokemon and.. it's not everyday that you'll see a lad or lass that has been raised with only pokemon.

Although now I'm thinking here that royalty can be incorporated with the gym leaders and the elite four~ Like say, the King's royal court could make up the gym leaders, and maybe the official family of the King could be the Elite Four... as for the King himself, I'm not sure if he'd be the champion, but the guy who's -hosting- the actual pokemon league, like in medieval times where the king usually hosts knight joust tournaments. Maybe the Champion can be the official "black knight"? =o

Mmm, maybe something like that? ;___;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't think N will appear, but perhaps we might see some other form of royalty, like a Princess. idk how royalty works in France though, so idk. :(

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I hate royalty in real life, and I hate it just as much in-game. (I really disliked N). So...royalty in X and Y, no thankyou.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • It would make sense, considering the influence. However, for some reason I can't see them existing unless they came from another region, but, of course, there hasn't been another region with actual royalty.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2020
    I always thought of the elite four and champion as the closest things to royalty in the pokemon world. In each region they have a set of top trainers and a trainer that stands above the rest and revered for their strength. Seeing as that's the focus of most of the games I feel as though it's more appropriate. Actual royalty would be annoying, which was why I found it satisfying to topple Plasma.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Royalty has been one great thing that they introduced into Generation V. Hm... I think this time I would like to see an Emperor rather than a King. Emperors are another type of royalty which have been in many different countries like Japan. And it would be nice too, maybe there could be a nice type of Emperor that actually helps you with your adventure and is about calmness and actually cares about Xernius and Yveltal wants to have them freely roaming the world.

Something like that would be nice for a royalty story in Pokémon X and Y.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Being set in Europe, it would make sense to have some sort of royal family within the region, and it can also add in some rich history for the region. If that's the case, however, I'm not sure I'd really want it to be an influential part of the main storyline. It seems too predictable that way, and too reminiscent of N, since he was claimed to be a "king" of Pokémon. Instead, I think I'd like for us to discover along our journey the history of the region's champion and learn that he or she belongs to royalty themselves and comes from a long line of reigning champions. Maybe even having some sort of family ties with another region's champion if possible.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Looking at the mansion scene in the Trailer.
    I highly doubt the player lives there, so I presume someone has either a high class, or royalty, the french royalty tend to live in mansions rather than palaces, So they're could be a high chance of royalty included.

But judging by the flowers and pretty garden I'm saying that this royalty may be a queen?

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I hate royalty in real life, and I hate it just as much in-game. (I really disliked N). So...royalty in X and Y, no thankyou.
    ^^ This. Royalty is boring and I feel like its something we really don't need. They have other things they could improve first, and I feel Royalty doesn't fit the Pokeworld.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • Would you guys like to see a character like N, the "king" of Pokemon, someone so innocent but falls into power/royalty/is groomed for that (considering that it's in Europe most likely, royalty, and being a "king" might be logical). Do you think someone like N is possible again, or do you think he's a one-off in terms of being the "king" of Pokemon? Do you think there might be other kings/queens, now that N has introduced the idea, and Europe is into royal families and such? Would you like to see an official king or queen? Discuss your thoughts.

Thank God, someone else thinks it's in Europe too! xD Anyways, it seems possible, that would improve the storyline too by adding to it xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    It wouldn't affect me much, might be interesting to overthrow a Pokemon King though. Depends how well the game makers implement royalty into the storyline, I am expecting a brilliant story to accompany the 6th Gen games.

Years
  • I adore that "black knight" idea Doronjo! I don't know, these seem to be set in modern times correct? I mean, unless we get a real medieval Pokemon game (European medieval, not Conquest), I unfortunately don't see it happening :(

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • I'm fine with having there be a royalty person in the game, but I don't want him/her to be too similar to N, though I doubt they will make it that way. I also don't really want them to be the champion, it's just my personal preference. I still want a royal person to be a challenge, and a kind of test (if the person has some connection to you), though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just saying that if they did go for a Queen, then chances are the King N thing would come to people's minds less, and it wouldn't be overdone at all!

Since the game is based on Europe, what if the Champion was King/Queen of the region? :O

It'd be awesome but only if it's a surprise at the end. You know the champion all along, but then you discover they are a King or Queen (plus Champion), or the other way around and then find out their true identity and finally take them on.

Looking at the mansion scene in the Trailer.
    I highly doubt the player lives there, so I presume someone has either a high class, or royalty, the french royalty tend to live in mansions rather than palaces, So they're could be a high chance of royalty included.

But judging by the flowers and pretty garden I'm saying that this royalty may be a queen?

Hey awesome that you noticed that! I dunno, men could like flowers and pretty gardens. Perhaps the Professor asks you to go visit there for some reason, or deliver an item and they give you your first Pokemon, that'd be p awesome.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Since they introduced N as the King I would like to see a Queen who could be involved with the Villainous Team, although I'm not too bothered about Royalty.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think N being "King" of Team Plasma was more of a title and position, rather than some kind of legitimate monarchy. But we did hear about an actual ancient monarch in the Abyssal Ruins, so the possibility of seeing real Pokemon royalty does exist.

Granted, if all the regions thus far are part of one nation, and the "King/Queen of the Nation" resides in the new region, that would most likely make the new region the capital of the nation (or if there's only one nation, capital of the entire Pokemon world)!

Back