• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Music

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my opinion, from all of Pokémon games, X and Y has one of the best soundtrack around. Of all theme songs in these two games, which would we call our favorite, and why? Are there any that we dislike?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'll agree that X and Y have some great soundtracks, not the best for me but definitely up there. My top three favourites are probably Professor Sycamore's theme, Elite Four theme and Laverre City.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I love XY's soundtrack, it was a pretty great one. My favourite themes were; the Team Flare theme, Lysandre's theme (it's pretty much an amped-up Team Flare theme, but I love it nonetheless <33), and Diantha's theme. They were all so fantastic. *_*

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    X and Y definitely have great soundtracks. It's up there behind BW/BW2 for me. The Elite Four theme is by far my favorite, although I do wish the battles were more challenging to match. Lyssandre's theme is pretty nice too.

The Den

Dark Mystery
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    I don't think anything can top the fifth generation when it comes to music, but X and Y's soundtrack was still freaking awesome. My favorites were Laverre City, Snowbelle City, route 15, and Anistar City. I didn't like the gym leader music, personally.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    The boutique theme is my favorite! But Cyllage City and vs Xerneas/Yveltal are also really good.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I've never really cared for most of the music that plays in towns, forests, etc. I, however, like Anistar City's theme.

Other favorites of mine include the Elite Four Battle theme, Super Training, Bicycle, and the Champion Battle theme.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Am playing through Y again for the first time in years, and was reminded that Sycamore's theme was good:

Lysandre's battle theme is something else I remember being good.

edit: gdi Sycamore's theme is getting stuck in my head plz halp

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • X/Y shocked me, because I had found every Pokemon game's OST to be forgettable since R/S/E, but X/Y's OST was suddenly great. Whereas Generation V had maybe two or three memorable themes for me, X/Y had many.

My most favorite themes are probably Route 4, the Power Plant, and Victory Road. However, there are many memorable themes - including Lumiose City (at first I didn't like it all of that much, but it has grown on me), Parfum Palace (such faux Baroque lol), pretty much all of the Route themes, the Champion's theme, Laverre City, Anistar City, etc.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • No offense, guys, but I personally found X and Y's soundtrack subpar compared to the other games'. It's probably because I've never played them, though. Even so, the soundtrack has its moments of glory, like during Super Training, and when riding your bike.

EDIT: I didn't know I posted in this thread before. Consider this a second comment?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I liked some of the soundtracks X and Y offered us, although they're not my favourite ones (I prefer Sinnoh's soundtracks). I like the Anistar City theme, the Champion theme, Team Flare's theme, Lysandre's theme, the main legendary theme, and Snowbelle City theme.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    X & Y had a nice soundtrack. I'm not sure if I'd be able to name off an absolute favorite but I really love how Snowbelle's theme has part of the Kalos/KISEKI theme leitmotif in it. So if I had to chose...

Snowbelle City as my favorite city/town theme, Sycamore's Theme as my favorite character/event theme, and Versus Champion as my favorite battle theme.

Back