• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon or Forme Confirmed!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
  • I didn't like it, since I saw its silhouette. And it comfirmed to be ugly. Is this Gen V the death of Pokémon? I don't want it to be, but if the other Pokémon are like that... So, I won't post about Zoroark or Zorua until a good Pokémon come. My avatar will speak for me.
    Irony at its best.
    And I predict this 'mon will be UU in popularity, what do others think?

Years
  • And I predict this 'mon will be UU in popularity, what do others think?
    Maybe. Being a dark type means it's fishbait for Lucario or any other pokemon packing a fighting type move, which is quite common. Unless it has the stats to play in the Uber tier where most 'mons are Psychic....it might have trouble elsewhere. I mean, the only dark types in OU are Tyranitar and Weavile, so..... it's gonna need some good base stats and, more importantly, originality in it's movepool. A lot of UU pokemon are only there because they are overshadowed by another pokemon just like it. On the bright side, it'll likely have STAB Pursuit, which is always nice.

Otherwise, I like the design, so I'm hoping it turns out to be usable. Yay 5th gen! \o/

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Haha, me either. I have no clue how to say it... never had this much trouble before, but I don't care for the names anyway.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Even though CoroCoro confirmed it to be pure Dark type, I hope Nintendo actually decides to change to to Dark and Fighting. That would be an amazing combination in my opinion.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Personally I don't see why everyone wants it to be Fighting. It doesn't even look like it. Its body structure and features don't call for it. I can't even picture it throwing a decent punch or a clean kick. Give it up. We are not dealing with Lucario.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • I didn't like it, since I saw its silhouette. And it comfirmed to be ugly. Is this Gen V the death of Pokémon? I don't want it to be, but if the other Pokémon are like that... So, I won't post about Zoroark or Zorua until a good Pokémon come. My avatar will speak for me.
    Because when the only info about a game is two Pokemon you don't like, it obviously means the game is going to be horrible.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Personally I don't see why everyone wants it to be Fighting. It doesn't even look like it. Its body structure and features don't call for it. I can't even picture it throwing a decent punch or a clean kick. Give it up. We are not dealing with Lucario.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make it a dark/fighting dual-type, or even dark/psychic since it has that whole "illusions" thing going. I personally would like to see it become a dark/fire type, just because of its design. Kinda has that feel to it.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make it a dark/fighting dual-type, or even dark/psychic since it has that whole "illusions" thing going. I personally would like to see it become a dark/fire type, just because of its design. Kinda has that feel to it.

i don't see what you see. What about it screams Fighting type? I can see the potential Fire type but hardly.

Years
  • Honestly, I'm not impressed. It seems too much like Sneasel for my liking. I do kinda like the little one, it reminds me of eevee. Also, didn't someone say something about a new method of evolution? Maybe they're finally going to introduce unhappiness-based evolutions?

I have no idea where people are getting the fighting type from, either. There's nothing about it that screams "fighting". Pure dark looks correct.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    i don't see what you see. What about it screams Fighting type? I can see the potential Fire type but hardly.

Lol, to be honet I'm not sure. Maybe the whole "bipedal" thing... I guess nothing screams it but it would just be interesting to see. Then again, I have nothing wrong with the idea that it's just a pure dark-type. :P

Myles

Seriously?
    Years

• I said if the other Pokémon are like that. I surely hope they are not.

Why do people here like to say what others must think? I'm sorry if I'm original, I just don't like to go with the flow.

Because the fact you keep bringing it up shows that you already think that's the way it's going to be. And if you think that, it's most likely because of a thick load of nostagic specs, meaning that it's just delaying the inevitable. :P

Besides, it's not really original. There are two main viewpoints, 'it will be good' and 'it will be uncreative'.

Bird Keeper

Master of the Skies
    Years
  • Sorry, but Zoroark is just awful.

Way too much of stereotypical furry/Sonic the Hedgehog look, same as Lucario. Contrast that with another evolved fox Pokemon, Ninetails:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/05/038Ninetales.png

Notice how much more the shape, proportions, and features of the head suggest an actual canine.

That's how you design a Pokemon. Zoroark looks like a generic DeviantArt reject on the hunt for something to "yiff." Just not up to series standards at all.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • Because the fact you keep bringing it up shows that you already think that's the way it's going to be. And if you think that, it's most likely because of a thick load of nostagic specs, meaning that it's just delaying the inevitable. :P

Besides, it's not really original. There are two main viewpoints, 'it will be good' and 'it will be uncreative'.
    Yes, I think you're right. I was a little disappointed at this new annoucement. All the other Gen revelations made me so excited, but this time I just didn't feel anything...

Oh, and I said I'm original because most of you liked them, and you made me feel like if I was doing something wrong not liking them. Bird Keeper proofs I'm right.
    Bird Keeper said:
    Sorry, but Zoroark is just awful.
    You don't need to feel sorry, pal. I agree with ya.

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I love Foxes, so that's why I love Zoroarks design, I'm a Vulpine lover, I think Sugimori did a good job.......
    anyways.
    What exactly can we talk about in this thread now? the Silhouette's been revealed, and no new Pokemon have been shown yet.
    How much longer do we wait for another Silhouette or reveal?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Apparently some time next month we should see other new Pokemon in Coro Coro. HOPEFULLY another one appears before that... a month is a long time away, imo. :P

Back