• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon or Forme Confirmed!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
They'll only do it now that you've said it. ;) XD

Methinks the Zor-family should have high attack and speed stats, they look that way, and maybe a high Sp Att stat.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
Sorry, but Zoroark is just awful.

Way too much of stereotypical furry/Sonic the Hedgehog look, same as Lucario. Contrast that with another evolved fox Pokemon, Ninetails:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/05/038Ninetales.png

Notice how much more the shape, proportions, and features of the head suggest an actual canine.

That's how you design a Pokemon. Zoroark looks like a generic DeviantArt reject on the hunt for something to "yiff." Just not up to series standards at all.
Their is no series standard. It is just what you perceive as exceptional. No real canine looks like that.
Pokemon that you perceive as exceptional died a long time for you didn't you.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
Years
Their is no series standard. It is just what you perceive as exceptional. No real canine looks like that.
Pokemon that you perceive as exceptional died a long time for you didn't you.
38-1.png
raposa.jpg
Zoroark-1.png

Ninetales is exceptional. It's body proportions are fox-like. Zoroark is a rejected art from Naruto.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
Years
And so is Nintales. Zoroark was made by Sugimori, and has no relation whatsoever to Naruto and does not look like it in any way.
I was being sarcastic. Of course that Zoroark is a Pokémon, if "Sugimori" drew it and it can be caught by a PokéBall, it's a Pokémon. But if you look a few pages back, there was a post with a real resemblance to a Naruto character.

But don't say anything about Bird Keeper's perceptions. Disagree with him? Okay. Tell him what to think? No.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
I was being sarcastic. Of course that Zoroark is a Pokémon, if "Sugimori" drew it and it can be caught by a PokéBall, it's a Pokémon. But if you look a few pages back, there was a post with a real resemblance to a Naruto character.

But don't say anything about Bird Keeper's perceptions. Disagree with him? Okay. Tell him what to think? No.

I always give a real another insight. And 4 tails Naruto only has the stance packed down.

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
Years
So, you don't like Pokemon to look anything like old Pokemon (the same style foot, or nose is too much). But they have to look like real life animals? So you want them to find some more obscure animals to turn into Pokemon?

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
Years
So, you don't like Pokemon to look anything like old Pokemon (the same style foot, or nose is too much). But they have to look like real life animals? So you want them to find some more obscure animals to turn into Pokemon?
No, I was just helping a partner who was quoted for simple bullying.

IMO, I really wanted a new fox. For me it's alright to have Skorupi and Gligar, as well as Meowth and Glameow, no prob. I just didn't feel good about Zoroark. If you read my post, please reply.

Myles

Seriously?
Years
Well, I don't really have a problem no matter how far they venture from the model, as long as the end result looks good. Zoroark looks better as a biped though.

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
Years
Now, this is why I don't like Z.

How I met each Pokémon Generation.

1st. Generation.

How/when it happened? Pokémon Episode 32 - The Ninja Poké-Showdown (1998, 8 years old)

What did I feel
? Although I don't like the animé that much nowadays, it was what got me into Pokémon. The first episode I watched had everything the Pokémon World has of its best.

I348.jpg
I46.jpg
I174.jpg

I332.jpg
I345.jpg
I293.jpg

Funny and cool creatures and characters / An agenda with data over each of that creatures / The creatures evolving into grown forms /
/ Battles between them with awesome special powers / Gyms and Badges to prove your victories / And the always funny Team Rocket

This stuff really got me into Pokémon as no other thing, I became instantly addicted to it. This could be a world where anything can happen, where I could get over everything and find a way to be less sad. I used to believe it could be true for a while, hehe.

Do I still feel that way? No, now I know it can't be true, but whenever I feel like there's no escape for my problems, I look at the Artworks, play a little cards or games, read Pokémon Special and forget every bad feeling. It's my therapy nowadays.

2nd. Generation.

How/when it happened? Pokémon Episode 50 - Who gets to keep Togepi (a few weeks later, 8 years old)

What did I feel? Nothing much different, I just couldn't find Togepi in my sticker album, but as Mew wasn't there too, I just thought that Togepi was out of my list for a mistake.
I208.jpg

When I realized that more than 151 Pokémon were coming I kind of lost it. Those japanese names taught me about Pokémon's origin, and learning japanese culture came along. I learned the english names later, but Hinoarashi and Tsubotsubo will be always on my mind.

Do I still feel that way? No, I got used to new Gens, and a new one is just a matter of time for me to love it. *See below why it isn't happening with 5th Gen.

3rd. Generation.

How/when it happened? Reading a Pokémon Magazine from my country. (March 2001, 11 years old)

Spoiler:

I scanned it just today, it's from 9 years ago and I just couldn't keep it as new. :) Here is it's cover:
Spoiler:

What did I feel
? I felt amused, the new Pokémon were cute and I realized that maybe Pokémon could never end, maybe. The text in the issue still gives the first info about a new region and new gameplay. I couldn't be happier when I read it. The worst happened and my excitement about Pokémon turned out to be sick. I had to drop school, but this is a long story, and most of you wouldn't believe it.

Do I still feel that way? Yes, I'm always expecting for new things to come, I want to learn everything I can about Pokémon. I really want it to be forever in my life, because no other thing could give me a life.

4th. Generation.

How/when it happened? Checking on Serebii.net (2004, 14 years old)

Spoiler:

What did I feel
? I couldn't believe it. Gonbe was so cute and funny! No other revelation could have been better! I felt in love with it and with every 4th Gen baby, from Bonsly to Mantyke. The new Pokémon made me certain that Pokémon was the right thing for me, what would keep me alive. (I don't know if you would undertand this, it's another very long story.)

Actually my amusement was so huge that I found out some possible English names for it. An axious guy like me couldn't wait for its English name to be revealed. By simple logic, I had two "proofs" for it to be Laxbe. I never said it was Laxbe, just put a "Go! Laxbe!" in my signature here in PC and people started believing it was true. (Like that translation for Junichi Masuda I made as a joke, and some believed it.) Here you'll find websites from Poland, Mexico and even my country, Brazil revealing it as Laxbe instead of Munchlax. I think this is the only huge thing I made in my whole life. That's why Gen IV means so much to me. Even Serebii got bothered by that:

Spoiler:

Do I still feel that way? Maybe. Although I became a baby Pokémon lover, I think I was hoping for more from it. The first impression I had about DS wasn't compatible with Diamond/Pearl. But HGSS made it worthy, I think.

5th. Generation.

How/when it happened? Checking on PokéBeach (3 days ago, 20 years old)

Spoiler:

What did I feel? Nothing. All the other Generation revelations excited me. It was the first time I looked at the new Pokémon of a Gen and couldn't even smile. I don't know if I'm too mature, or if I don't like Pokémon anymore, I just don't understand why I didn't like Z.

Do I still feel that way? It hasn't changed in three days. I just ask for a little time before I can get used to it. I won't change my mind to look friendly with Zor-lovers, but only when Zoroark gets me. Don't wait for anything else before it.
1st.Liked it.
2nd. Liked it more.
3rd. Liked it more than more.
4th, Liked it more than before.
5th. Love what I'm seeing already alot.

What is the point in voicing that kind of opinions, no one but you care. Your worst than Robin Williams.(Comedian)

So for a definite the fire starter will be part of the Chinese Zodiac.
The choices left are:
Ox
Tiger
Rabbit
Snake
Horse
Goat
Dog
Pig

Last edited:
Years
The new pokemon reeks of 4th generation. Just saying.

Those new guys do look like Lucario & Riolu. They probably evolve at night. Dark-Fighting? Some kind of 'base stat flip' with Lucario numbers?

I thought 4th Gen was going Digimon a bit as I thought a few seemed to have armor/clothes (Infernape chest/hands). I half expect this Phantom Champ to be wearing brown, black and red/orange now considering some spoilers that have been stated...

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Those new guys do look like Lucario & Riolu. They probably evolve at night. Dark-Fighting? Some kind of 'base stat flip' with Lucario numbers?

I thought 4th Gen was going Digimon a bit as I thought a few seemed to have armor/clothes (Infernape chest/hands). I half expect this Phantom Champ to be wearing brown, black and red/orange now considering some spoilers that have been stated...

Actually, I think Zoroark takes the form of Dark Ash, aka, the Phantom Champion.

and if that's the case, Zoroark can probably talk, and if he does, please may he actually use his mouth, the whole telepathy thing is boring me.

Anyways.
enough about the Zor-family (Which I still think look awesome, and how dare anyone compare Naruto to these Pokemon. {don't misinterprate this as hate towards Naruto though.}), we need to try and speculate the next few Pokemon....if we have any leads.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
So for a definite the fire starter will be part of the Chinese Zodiac.
The choices left are:
Ox
Tiger
Rabbit
Snake
Horse
Goat
Dog
Pig

omg, I never noticed this

Charmander - Dragon
Cyndaquil - Rat
Torchic - Chicken
Chimchar - Monkey

Im hoping for a tiger line this time around then!!!

Myles

Seriously?
Years
Well, even though it's based on an echidna, it's species is Fire Mouse Pokemon. So it's not that much of a stretch.

Back