• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon or Forme Confirmed!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Apparently some time next month we should see other new Pokemon in Coro Coro. HOPEFULLY another one appears before that... a month is a long time away, imo. :P

Yeah, it can seem ages away when you're waiting for something.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I really hope so. Silhouettes is always a spoiler for it's shape and characteristics.

Sorry, but Zoroark is just awful.
That's how you design a Pokemon. Zoroark looks like a generic DeviantArt reject on the hunt for something to "yiff." Just not up to series standards at all.

I find it very intimidating, like it's something to feared about.(maybe it's Ability will be Intimidate). And you can tell that to Pokemon.com, and see how will they react.

Last edited:
Years
Sorry, but Zoroark is just awful.

Way too much of stereotypical furry/Sonic the Hedgehog look, same as Lucario. Contrast that with another evolved fox Pokemon, Ninetails:

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/0/05/038Ninetales.png

Notice how much more the shape, proportions, and features of the head suggest an actual canine.

That's how you design a Pokemon. Zoroark looks like a generic DeviantArt reject on the hunt for something to "yiff." Just not up to series standards at all.
That pretty much sums up my problems with it. I had the same problem with Lucario. Oh well, hopefully the rest are interesting.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
This whole "Zoroark" affair just pisses me off. If this was R/B days we wouldn't know about it until it was about to be released. And if we did, then it'd be through vague fansites and we'd think it was a secret Pokemon.

Now we know everything as it happens. We had exactly TWO days of fan speculation before some jackass decided to leak scans. There's no fun in this anymore.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
We can't avoid spoilers. It happens everytime. -_-

Let me do a prediction, someone will spoil us next week...
Most likely. Did you know that Nintendo Power started covering Gold and Silver about four months before the games were released in the US? However, the games were covered as early as 1997 in other magazines before Red and Blue were released, but once they did Gold and Silver weren't covered again until close to the release.

All that beta information and screenshots were entirely forgotten and wouldn't be brought up except as rumors. Now there's nothing to speculate.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
Years
I said if the other Pokémon are like that. I surely hope they are not.

Why do people here like to say what others must think? I'm sorry if I'm original, I just don't like to go with the flow.
It's not about anyone in particular. I've been witnessing a fair number of people in various places thinking that Gen V will be bad, judging it only by these two Pokemon.

In addition, you mentiond if the other designs are similar to these it makes you think Pokemon will end soon. Even if you end up not liking Gen V, what doesn't mean Gen V will be unsuccessful and Pokemon will die.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
Well, I have to disagree with all the dissenters out there. I think Zoroark's design is awesome. I'll admit I don't like the face too much, but if the other designs are as well thought out I'll be very happy. And even if every single pokemon is ugly (other than these two fabulous creatures), that doesn't mean that 5th Gen will fail. You have to consider the fact that all the past Pokes we love will be included AND the gameplay could be flawless.

Anywayyyyy.....I totally have to have 3 Zoroarks, even if I have to cheat to get them. God I hope he doesn't turn out like Lucario and end up in a stupid egg or something. He's too cool to be a one-off pokemon.

I also can't wait to see him in battle. I'm hoping he has a signature attack or atleast one that many other pokes don't have, like Lucario and Aura Sphere.

Last edited:

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
Years
Apparently some time next month we should see other new Pokemon in Coro Coro. HOPEFULLY another one appears before that... a month is a long time away, imo. :P

Oh, boy. I know what you mean. I don't want to wait a month, either, haha. What I really want to know is what the new region will look like. And if there is a new region, will there be a new girl joining Ash's side? What will she be like? God I'm so excited.

All will be revealed in time, though. In a way, I'm happy we don't have all the answers now. I mean, after we have them there will be nothing left to be excited about. We'll just be waiting very impatiently for the games to be released.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
i don't see what you see. What about it screams Fighting type? I can see the potential Fire type but hardly.
By the way his arms look, it doesn't have to just throw some punches. It's legs look strong enough to be able to do some serious kicks. Not to mention it looks like it can shoot some Aura Spheres, as well.

So, maybe not you, but I can for sure see this Pokémon as a Dark/Fighting dual-type.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
If an animal is good on all fours, it would be almost impossible to do a decent kick. Physics. Unless is gonna do some Kangaroo jumps, I don't see it being part fighting. Especially since that would only allow the use of maybe High Jump Kick.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Anywayyyyy.....I totally have to have 3 Zoroarks, even if I have to cheat to get them. God I hope he doesn't turn out like Lucario and end up in a stupid egg or something. He's too cool to be a one-off pokemon.

I also can't wait to see him in battle. I'm hoping he has a signature attack or atleast one that many other pokes don't have, like Lucario and Aura Sphere.

He's also too cool to be common.;)
I say it should be a rare Pokemon, or at least very uncommon, as he's a movie star, just not received in an egg, I dislike hatching those things.

And I reckon it should have a signature move as well, something to do with it's relation to the Kyuubi-no-Kitsine (Nine-tailed-fox) myths. I have a good image in my head, but it's hard to explain.....sorta.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I don't think these have been posted here, even though it's all over the internet and an above poster even has it in their sig...
SpriteZorua.png

Zorua

SpriteZoroark.png

Zoroark

Probably fan made since they're only on Bulbapedia, and they never get this sort of thing first. Still great though!

Last edited:

Demon_Lucario

Pokemon Guru
Years
If this isn't going to be a Dark!Celebi, I'm going to be very disappointed after reading this post. XD Dark/Grass would be an awesome combo. 8D

And that's why we have Nuzleaf/Shiftry XD

Personally, I see it as a Fire/Dark - type, sorta like Houndoom. All we do now is sit back and wait for more 5th-generation awesomeness. :D

...and the pr0nz. We all know it. >.<

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
...and the pr0nz, we all know it >.<

XP
Also, way to merge post. (b'')b

It's interesting to see the big, gradual reveals like this.

I want to see the vine-fortress Celebi thing return in-game, though it's mainly because I watched the movie so many times. I love the speculation on this stuff.

Back