• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
Ah, thank you! It works fine now! This is a really cool hack; if you're going to make one for Sun/Moon, I can't wait to see it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
I've been trying to play this rom hack on top of randomizing the wild encounters as well, to no avail however. I've tried to dump/extract/patch the game itself by first downloading a legit Pokemon X.cia. However, when I go into Decrypt9 and use CIA Decryptor (Deep), everything seems to work until it actually finishes and the game itself doesn't seem to be decrypted as it should have made a file called CTR-P-EKJA.cia. So, I basically gave up on that...

And now, I've recently downloaded a pre-patched v1.4 Eternal X Rebalanced.cia from that "chaos" website and everything works fine. I've tried using KazoWAR's NTR plugin for Pokemon X/Y which randomizes the game. However, I've learnt that this NTR plugin only works if my Pokemon X game is on its Title Update v1.4 which basically means I have no way of making it work as EX doesn't support any Title Updates of the game.

So, I just wanted to ask if there's any other possible methods I can use to randomize Pokemon Eternal X. Oh, and I'm only looking to randomize Wild Encounters and that's it. Or if there's no other methods, could I please get help on why I couldn't decrypt the legit CIA that I downloaded?

Thank You! <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Ah, thank you! It works fine now! This is a really cool hack; if you're going to make one for Sun/Moon, I can't wait to see it!
Thanks! Good to know it's working now. If I get Platinum finished this month I might do a Sun/Moon hack afterwards, depending on whether or not I can be bothered editing all the wild Pokemon again.

I've been trying to play this rom hack on top of randomizing the wild encounters as well, to no avail however. I've tried to dump/extract/patch the game itself by first downloading a legit Pokemon X.cia. However, when I go into Decrypt9 and use CIA Decryptor (Deep), everything seems to work until it actually finishes and the game itself doesn't seem to be decrypted as it should have made a file called CTR-P-EKJA.cia. So, I basically gave up on that...

And now, I've recently downloaded a pre-patched v1.4 Eternal X Rebalanced.cia from that "chaos" website and everything works fine. I've tried using KazoWAR's NTR plugin for Pokemon X/Y which randomizes the game. However, I've learnt that this NTR plugin only works if my Pokemon X game is on its Title Update v1.4 which basically means I have no way of making it work as EX doesn't support any Title Updates of the game.

So, I just wanted to ask if there's any other possible methods I can use to randomize Pokemon Eternal X. Oh, and I'm only looking to randomize Wild Encounters and that's it. Or if there's no other methods, could I please get help on why I couldn't decrypt the legit CIA that I downloaded?

Thank You! <3

I'm not sure what's going on with Decrypt9, it's been a while since I've had to use it.

To randomise the wild encounters, you could extract the romfs from the EX 1.4 CIA using Asia81's toolkit, unpack it, then open it in pk3DS and use its randomisation feature. You'd have to rebuild the CIA afterwards, which is pretty tedious, but it shouldn't be too hard. Alternatively, if you're feeling lazy, I could make an xdelta patch for the 1.4 CIA for you that will randomise the wild encounters.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
I'm not sure what's going on with Decrypt9, it's been a while since I've had to use it.

To randomise the wild encounters, you could extract the romfs from the EX 1.4 CIA using Asia81's toolkit, unpack it, then open it in pk3DS and use its randomisation feature. You'd have to rebuild the CIA afterwards, which is pretty tedious, but it shouldn't be too hard. Alternatively, if you're feeling lazy, I could make an xdelta patch for the 1.4 CIA for you that will randomise the wild encounters.

I don't really know what's happening with it either. It did seem to work for me when I was dumping my Pokemon Moon Cartridge into a decrypted .3ds file. But it has never seemed to work with any .cia files I've tried to use.

Oh and do you know if ba-GUI-nnertool is also designed to work with 32-bit (x86) OS? Because I was randomly clicking buttons there and a command prompt popped up saying that the .exe isn't compatible with my OS.

I'll try to use Asia81's toolkit but even that method confuses me with all the ExHeader/DecryptedExHeader bs lol {XD} since I'm quite noob at this. And if you were to make an xdelta patch for the 1.4 CIA would that require extracting/rebuilding the cia file? If not, then please please please make one for me! ;-; My 1.4 CIA apparently is the version which includes the nerf to Viola btw, if that matters.

Thank You!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I don't really know what's happening with it either. It did seem to work for me when I was dumping my Pokemon Moon Cartridge into a decrypted .3ds file. But it has never seemed to work with any .cia files I've tried to use.

Oh and do you know if ba-GUI-nnertool is also designed to work with 32-bit (x86) OS? Because I was randomly clicking buttons there and a command prompt popped up saying that the .exe isn't compatible with my OS.

I'll try to use Asia81's toolkit but even that method confuses me with all the ExHeader/DecryptedExHeader bs lol {XD} since I'm quite noob at this. And if you were to make an xdelta patch for the 1.4 CIA would that require extracting/rebuilding the cia file? If not, then please please please make one for me! ;-; My 1.4 CIA apparently is the version which includes the nerf to Viola btw, if that matters.

Thank You!

Nah, the xdelta patch is the same thing people use to patch DS hacks, just navigate to the files and click go. I'll need a while to build a 1.4 CIA, do you know when it was made? The base file needs to be identical to yours, and I've made a few small revisions to 1.4, so I need to know which version of it to download (Probably should have changed the version numbers to make that easier, but oh well).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Nah, the xdelta patch is the same thing people use to patch DS hacks, just navigate to the files and click go. I'll need a while to build a 1.4 CIA, do you know when it was made? The base file needs to be identical to yours, and I've made a few small revisions to 1.4, so I need to know which version of it to download (Probably should have changed the version numbers to make that easier, but oh well).

Oh, actually you don't need to do anything anymore since I've managed to get everything working!!

I basically just got the romfs.bin and exefs.bin of my friend's Pokemon X which I dumped a long time ago using the old version of braindump (Thank God I kept these files lol). Then I used Asia81's toolkit to extract the romfs and randomized it using pk3ds. Then I basically rebuilt it all back again as a .3ds combined with the ExtractedExeFS files and the DecryptedExHeader.bin that came with the download using the toolkit.

HUGE credit goes to the Installation Instructions you provided in the downloads too! Would have never gotten everything to work if I didn't have that!

Thanks again! <3 :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Oh, actually you don't need to do anything anymore since I've managed to get everything working!!

I basically just got the romfs.bin and exefs.bin of my friend's Pokemon X which I dumped a long time ago using the old version of braindump (Thank God I kept these files lol). Then I used Asia81's toolkit to extract the romfs and randomized it using pk3ds. Then I basically rebuilt it all back again as a .3ds combined with the ExtractedExeFS files and the DecryptedExHeader.bin that came with the download using the toolkit.

HUGE credit goes to the Installation Instructions you provided in the downloads too! Would have never gotten everything to work if I didn't have that!

Thanks again! <3 :)

Oh awesome, well done! No problem, hope you enjoy the hack!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Oh awesome, well done! No problem, hope you enjoy the hack!

Haha thanks! I'm looking forward to it man!

Btw, on a side note, have you ever thought of posting this rom hack to other 3DS/Pokemon community websites like projectpokemon or GBATemp? Personally, I'd like to see this be posted in those sites as X/Y rom hacks are seldom seen. And I'm sure more people would be able to discover and play your hack as well! I probably wouldn't have ever found this hack if it wasn't for someone posting that pre-patched cia on that iso website lol.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Haha thanks! I'm looking forward to it man!

Btw, on a side note, have you ever thought of posting this rom hack to other 3DS/Pokemon community websites like projectpokemon or GBATemp? Personally, I'd like to see this be posted in those sites as X/Y rom hacks are seldom seen. And I'm sure more people would be able to discover and play your hack as well! I probably wouldn't have ever found this hack if it wasn't for someone posting that pre-patched cia on that iso website lol.

Yeah, it's something I considered, but as this is the first hack I've released I wasn't sure how hard it would be to keep track of all the threads at once. Now that I'm not updating it anymore it should be manageable though, and I do have a project pokemon account that could do with some more use. I guess I should really post it on those sites too, might look into doing that in the next few days.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Yeah, it's something I considered, but as this is the first hack I've released I wasn't sure how hard it would be to keep track of all the threads at once. Now that I'm not updating it anymore it should be manageable though, and I do have a project pokemon account that could do with some more use. I guess I should really post it on those sites too, might look into doing that in the next few days.

Well, people shouldn't really have too much trouble/problems with installing the hack itself as it is only for X/Y. It isn't nearly as frustrating and confusing as installing S/M hacks lol. (I only had so much trouble simply because this is my first time messing around with CFW and X/Y since I've just been using HANS entirely beforehand). So I guess you don't have to worry about those as much, especially since you've already laid out a pretty well-written guide on how to install it. And since you said that you're not going to be making any more changes to the hack itself unless it's for bugs/glitches, you only really have to reply to those who are having trouble.

But hey lol, who am I to say, right? {XD} I've never released any hacks to know how to deal with these things. Anyways, good luck, bro! And if you do decide to expand your horizons and I also happen to stop by and see, I'll try to help out as well! :)

Years
I decided to play the Rebalanced version instead of the Legal version, so I built a new romfs and put it on my SD card like I did for the Legal version, but it's once again not working; I'm having the same problem, where when I try to load the game it just has some random pixels on the left side on a black screen... I tried it twice to make sure, and it's not working...
When making the romfs, I copied the a folder from the Legal version first, then copied the a folder from the Rebalanced version... Was I supposed to do something else? I also tried just opening it in HANS manually, and that didn't work either.
EDIT: I tried to open the romfs and exefs folders in pk3ds to see if it worked and I could edit it and I got this error (sorry 'bout the weird link, it won't let me post links yet):
http: //i.imgur.com/GBl0kL0.png
To my knowledge it says something's wrong with the 0\7\4 file? I'm not sure what in the game that file affects. Maybe there was something wrong when I tried to apply the Viola Nerf patch? I copied the nerf patch in Rebalanced to the a folder; was I supposed to copy the one from Legal first?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I decided to play the Rebalanced version instead of the Legal version, so I built a new romfs and put it on my SD card like I did for the Legal version, but it's once again not working; I'm having the same problem, where when I try to load the game it just has some random pixels on the left side on a black screen... I tried it twice to make sure, and it's not working...
When making the romfs, I copied the a folder from the Legal version first, then copied the a folder from the Rebalanced version... Was I supposed to do something else? I also tried just opening it in HANS manually, and that didn't work either.
EDIT: I tried to open the romfs and exefs folders in pk3ds to see if it worked and I could edit it and I got this error (sorry 'bout the weird link, it won't let me post links yet):
http: //i.imgur.com/GBl0kL0.png
To my knowledge it says something's wrong with the 0\7\4 file? I'm not sure what in the game that file affects. Maybe there was something wrong when I tried to apply the Viola Nerf patch? I copied the nerf patch in Rebalanced to the a folder; was I supposed to copy the one from Legal first?

The rebalanced version is working for me, but I haven't tested the Viola nerf files yet - I'll look into that now. The a/0/7/4 file is the game text, which should be fine; I'm not sure what's going on there, I'll check that out too. Hopefully I'll have a fix for you soon.

Years
Oh, I just realized I forgot to put the .romfs at the end of the WiltingY file name when saving it, would that cause any problems?
EDIT: Yeah, I think that was it. It's working now. I was just being dumb, sorry. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Oh, I just realized I forgot to put the .romfs at the end of the WiltingY file name when saving it, would that cause any problems?
EDIT: Yeah, I think that was it. It's working now. I was just being dumb, sorry. xD

Haha, that's a relief. Was just about to say I couldn't replicate the problem, glad it's sorted now. Hans is pretty fussy about the romfs name.

Years
So I got a Fennekin with Magician, I assumed it was because you had switched it's abilities around so it could have its HA more easily. I used PKHeX to change its name to have characters not on the English in-game keyboard, and when I opened my game again, it had Blaze. It wasn't much of a problem with Fennekin, I just had to put it as having its HA in PKHeX instead of its second ability, but what if I try to edit a Pokemon with its ability completely changed and then it just gets one of its normal abilities back? :c As far as I know, no base stats were reverted along with abilites, but I don't think I had any Pokemon with base stat changes.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
So I got a Fennekin with Magician, I assumed it was because you had switched it's abilities around so it could have its HA more easily. I used PKHeX to change its name to have characters not on the English in-game keyboard, and when I opened my game again, it had Blaze. It wasn't much of a problem with Fennekin, I just had to put it as having its HA in PKHeX instead of its second ability, but what if I try to edit a Pokemon with its ability completely changed and then it just gets one of its normal abilities back? :c As far as I know, no base stats were reverted along with abilites, but I don't think I had any Pokemon with base stat changes.

Base stat changes will be accounted for whenever you put your edited Pokemon in the PC, so there's no need to worry about that. As for abilities, the easiest way to change them would be to buy an ability capsule from a mart; they're available as soon as you beat the second gym. Because most hidden abilities aren't available in XY, I just moved the better ones to a regular ability slot, so a capsule will be able to give you the ability you want in most cases. Alternatively, I think there's a version (or setting) of pkhex around that allows you to have illegal stats and abilities, so you could use that instead.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 25, 2017
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
There is no Audino/chansey/blissey training in restraunt le nah. I downloaded the pre patched CIA from the 'chaos' website and it say v1.4. it also says the link was updated on 26th September 2016, whereas the chansey/blissey update was released in august. Could u pls look into this, I'm nuzlocking the game and I have to say, the game is great and I'm loving it, but the level spikes are WAAAAAAAAY to hard to keep up with. Great job tho!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
There is no Audino/chansey/blissey training in restraunt le nah. I downloaded the pre patched CIA from the 'chaos' website and it say v1.4. it also says the link was updated on 26th September 2016, whereas the chansey/blissey update was released in august. Could u pls look into this, I'm nuzlocking the game and I have to say, the game is great and I'm loving it, but the level spikes are WAAAAAAAAY to hard to keep up with. Great job tho!

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the hack! I've just had a look at all six versions in pk3ds, and Chef Roger has two level 20 Audinos in all of the Le Nah battles - I don't know why they aren't showing up for you. Did you play the version with the Viola nerf by any chance? I completely forgot to update those to 1.4 when it was released, so that could be the problem; the 'chaos' site might not have the latest files for that version.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 25, 2017
ohhhhhhhh... i see... I'll just build my own CIA instead.
Anyways though i LOOOOOOOOVEEE the hack, im really happy with the changes made in the rebalanced version, like sceptile becoming a physical attacker and empoleon getting the competitive ability. This is legit one of the best remake rom hacks out there, it deserves WAAAAAAAAAY more love than it has now. Thank you Buffel Salt for making my day!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
ohhhhhhhh... i see... I'll just build my own CIA instead.
Anyways though i LOOOOOOOOVEEE the hack, im really happy with the changes made in the rebalanced version, like sceptile becoming a physical attacker and empoleon getting the competitive ability. This is legit one of the best remake rom hacks out there, it deserves WAAAAAAAAAY more love than it has now. Thank you Buffel Salt for making my day!

Thanks! Hope you enjoy the rest of the hack!

Back