• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 19, 2017
Got some suggestions if you ever update/balance Pokemon in the hack again:
Make Luxray Electric/Dark type.
Add Fairy-typing to Meganium and secondary typing to Typhlosion possibly?
Add a 2nd ability to Zorua/Zoroark.
Give Whismur/Loudred/Exploud a secondary type? Electric makes sense in a way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, I love your hack and am also really interested in using it as a base. I'm still learning how to ROM hack 3ds games as I haven't really been involved in anything related to ROM hacking for around 5 years now. Do you have any software you'd recommend to get started? I've already gotten what is listed in the credits.

Thanks! You won't really need much other than pk3DS and Asia81's hacking toolkit (there's a link for that in the installation guide if you don't have it already); pk3DS is an all-in-one tool that does almost everything. If you want to edit models or textures you can use ohana 3DS, and HxD is useful if you can hex edit and want to mess with items. I'd also highly recommend setting up luma on your 3DS if you haven't already, its new game patching feature will save you a lot of time when testing changes.

Got some suggestions if you ever update/balance Pokemon in the hack again:
Make Luxray Electric/Dark type.
Add Fairy-typing to Meganium and secondary typing to Typhlosion possibly?
Add a 2nd ability to Zorua/Zoroark.
Give Whismur/Loudred/Exploud a secondary type? Electric makes sense in a way.

I'll keep those in mind; Meganium in particular could definitely use some more changes, and I could see Fire/Ground Typhlosion making sense. Any suggestions for the Zorua line's second ability? Prankster would fit but I don't think it would be very useful.

EDIT: I've just released a bug fix for Insanity, which stops Grant and Clemont from attacking their own Pokemon. No changes have been made to any other versions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Have you looked at the new Luma LayeredFS? Shouldn't have to build a cia for cfw users anymore, you can just put your changes into a folder and load them on-the-fly. Might be worth looking at. I know it supports code.bin through an ips patch but I think you can do RomFS with a folder and stuff as well. Usage guide is here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

And, if it's just ips patches it should be good to distribute as-is in a ready format.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Have you looked at the new Luma LayeredFS? Shouldn't have to build a cia for cfw users anymore, you can just put your changes into a folder and load them on-the-fly. Might be worth looking at. I know it supports code.bin through an ips patch but I think you can do RomFS with a folder and stuff as well. Usage guide is here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

And, if it's just ips patches it should be good to distribute as-is in a ready format.

Yeah, that was what encouraged me to update the mod again; it makes testing things so much faster and easier than building and copying a massive RomFS file for every little change. I added support for it with version 2.0, though I haven't gotten around to replacing the code.bin files with patches just yet. It's a pretty great feature, and it does indeed support RomFS folders. You can just drag and drop the luma folders in the download pack to install the entire hack, and it even works with cia installs of earlier versions.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 28, 2017
@Buffel Saft

Ok, I'm too stupid to built the .Cia. xD (I use the 3DSToolkit from your Download)

Can you send me a .Cia of Eternal X with the Insanity Mode?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
@Buffel Saft

Ok, I'm too stupid to built the .Cia. xD (I use the 3DSToolkit from your Download)

Can you send me a .Cia of Eternal X with the Insanity Mode?

I can't, sharing copyrighted code is against the rules here (it's also illegal in most places). Which custom firmware are you using? If you're on Luma, just follow the quick install guide instead; you won't have to build anything, just drag and drop some folders. If you're not on Luma I'd highly recommend switching to it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I'm using Luma3DS

In that case make sure you're on the latest version, then follow the quick install guide. Luma has a new feature that allows you to apply hacks to a game by copying the modified files to your SD card instead of needing to build a .cia. You'll also need a copy of X installed for it to work, but that's easy to get.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 28, 2017
Okay, I use Luma3DS v6.6.

I turned the option "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code" ON.

Before that, I copied the luma folders (LEGAL first, then INSANITY) into the root of my 3DS SD-Card.

Wish me good luck... :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Okay, I use Luma3DS v6.6.

I turned the option "Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code" ON.

Before that, I copied the luma folders (LEGAL first, then INSANITY) into the root of my 3DS SD-Card.

Wish me good luck... :D

You'll need to update Luma to 7.0 or higher (whatever the newest one is is fine) for the game patching to work. You can use the updater that probably came with it to do it automatically, it shouldn't take more than a minute. Good luck!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 3, 2020
Hi bro.

I'm trying to play the hackrom, but the initial screen doesn't seem to change, and the pokemons on the grass remained unaltered. Although, the trainers dificulty level seems to have a slightly change. I know you put a quick guide on the GD Folder, but can you verify if the Insanity Version luma archives are not the Legal Version ones? I'm at Santalune Forest and this list of pokemons keep showing to me:

- Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna, Pikachu, 3 Unova monkeys, Fletchling and Scatterbug.

But the trainers on route 1/3/22 already used against me Pidove, Shinx and another pokemons that clearly don't belong to them originals sets.

Could u help me?

A huge thank you from a big brazilian fan of your work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi bro.

I'm trying to play the hackrom, but the initial screen doesn't seem to change, and the pokemons on the grass remained unaltered. Although, the trainers dificulty level seems to have a slightly change. I know you put a quick guide on the GD Folder, but can you verify if the Insanity Version luma archives are not the Legal Version ones? I'm at Santalune Forest and this list of pokemons keep showing to me:

- Caterpie, Weedle, Kakuna, Pikachu, 3 Unova monkeys, Fletchling and Scatterbug.

But the trainers on route 1/3/22 already used against me Pidove, Shinx and another pokemons that clearly don't belong to them originals sets.

Could u help me?

A huge thank you from a big brazilian fan of your work.

Hi, I've just checked the files with both X and Y, they seem to be okay. The title screen not changing is a new one, are you playing in a language other than English? If so, that'll be the reason; every language gets its own title screen and only the English one was edited (sorry!). The wild Pokemon changes not showing up usually means there's a title update installed, so try uninstalling that (On your 3DS, go to system settings =>data management =>3DS =>add-on content, then select Pokemon X or Y, and click delete.) and let me know if that fixes the problem.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 3, 2020
Hi, I've just checked the files with both X and Y, they seem to be okay. The title screen not changing is a new one, are you playing in a language other than English? If so, that'll be the reason; every language gets its own title screen and only the English one was edited (sorry!). The wild Pokemon changes not showing up usually means there's a title update installed, so try uninstalling that (On your 3DS, go to system settings =>data management =>3DS =>add-on content, then select Pokemon X or Y, and click delete.) and let me know if that fixes the problem.

So, I put the Legit Folder instead the Insanity one and voil?!... Wild Encounters and everything else(including Title Screen) is patched :)

I'm at Route 9(rocky one, next to Glittering Cave) with a full team around lvl 22-27, but I'm noticing that the wild pokemon still giving me very low EXP(like 100-225 per battle). Is this something normal, or should they give me a bigger amount of experience?

Besides this issues, awesome work, I'm lovin the hackrom, really thank you :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 30, 2017
Hi, I am having a problem, I have the newest Luma installed, I followed the install steps removed updates etc, copied Legal one then copied Rebalanced over to my SD but when I run the game it's just the normal title screen and the language I have selected is english, I also have patches enabled on Luma

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hi, I am having a problem, I have the newest Luma installed, I followed the install steps removed updates etc, copied Legal one then copied Rebalanced over to my SD but when I run the game it's just the normal title screen and the language I have selected is english, I also have patches enabled on Luma

That's strange, are any of the other changes showing up? You can check that most changes are working by Route 2, you should see the following:
  • Youngster Austin on Route 2 has more than one Pokemon
  • The first thing you encounter on Route 2 is a Torchic
  • The ball store in Aquacorde sells cherish balls
Could you let me know if any of these didn't show up for you? It'll help narrow down the problem if there's something wrong with the game files. They all seem to be working for me, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you did copy the luma folders inside the legal and rebalanced folders, rather than the entire legal and rebalanced folders, yeah?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 30, 2017
Austin has more than 1 pokemon and Torchic was there so the changes seem present.

And yes I only copied the Luma file from both legal and rebalanced

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Austin has more than 1 pokemon and Torchic was there so the changes seem present.

And yes I only copied the Luma file from both legal and rebalanced

Hey, sorry for the slow reply (just finished exams so I've been a bit busy), have you had any luck getting everything working yet? Also, are you playing X or Y?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 4, 2017
Hey, sorry for the slow reply (just finished exams so I've been a bit busy), have you had any luck getting everything working yet? Also, are you playing X or Y?

Same problem.. i've luma v8, i did quick installation.. i've copied "luma" (so the all folder) from gamefiles/legal version and then from gamefile/insanitymode, both in the root of sd.. i tried for pokemon y, i have a copy of the game installed in 3ds, removed all update, turn on 3ds with "select", active "game patched" (or similar) and pressed start.. 3ds turn on, i lunch pokemon y and it's normal.. should i try the other method to install mod?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Same problem.. i've luma v8, i did quick installation.. i've copied "luma" (so the all folder) from gamefiles/legal version and then from gamefile/insanitymode, both in the root of sd.. i tried for pokemon y, i have a copy of the game installed in 3ds, removed all update, turn on 3ds with "select", active "game patched" (or similar) and pressed start.. 3ds turn on, i lunch pokemon y and it's normal.. should i try the other method to install mod?

I can't seem to replicate this, though I don't have a clean version of Y installed to properly test it; I'll look into it properly when I have time tomorrow. In the meantime you could try the .cia method if you want, it's not hard, but it is very tedious. It'd definitely be less hassle to wait for a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience!

EDIT: I've just updated luma to the latest version, re-installed Y, downloaded and installed Wilting Y from the link, and everything is still working for me. Have you run through the tests I suggested to ApexPredator? If those changes are there, that means the rest of the mod should be working, so the only thing you'll miss out on is the title screen. I don't know why it isn't working; sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
That's strange, are any of the other changes showing up? You can check that most changes are working by Route 2, you should see the following:
  • Youngster Austin on Route 2 has more than one Pokemon
  • The first thing you encounter on Route 2 is a Torchic
  • The ball store in Aquacorde sells cherish balls
Could you let me know if any of these didn't show up for you? It'll help narrow down the problem if there's something wrong with the game files. They all seem to be working for me, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you did copy the luma folders inside the legal and rebalanced folders, rather than the entire legal and rebalanced folders, yeah?

Hey man, the changes are also on my game, but the title screen is not changed.
Im using Insanity Mode on Pokemon X and Luma 8.1. Hope you can fix that soon (just cosmetic, but need that to see if the mod worked) and thanks for that =D.

Back