• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Zealand Quake

Years
Gunships are heading towards New Zealand, but not to make war, but to assist in disaster relief in light of an earthquake, initially sized at just 4.6 to a 7.8 magnitude on the Richter scale. Here is an article regarding the ships and aid being given.

Here are some images of New Zealand's quake aftermath. I hope that everyone helping stays safe and that they are able to give swift aid and relief to those affected.

CxRXB1YVEAA_ipz.jpg

Before and After
CxUNkWmUoAAEv80.jpg

CxUNmQBUQAAnpfG.jpg

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
jesus christ the fault line was right there next to the road

hanging wall fuckin' moved up

There was apparently several weaker (roughly 4-5 in magnitude) quakes in the couple of days preceding this, which probably was a warning that this was coming, though I doubt that people would've thought those were, since NZ sits roughly on the Ring of Fire. There's apparently been several aftershocks too (roughly 4-5 magnitude like the foreshocks) since then too.

Would ask if there was a tsunami but I kinda doubt there wasn't one.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I dont think there would be tsunamis in New Zealand if the major fault lines resided so close to the shoreline as in the images, right?

Back