• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: A Fakemon Showcase for a Hack I'm Making

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hello rom hacking community. This is a pretty small thread where I plan to have some Fakemon sprites critiqued for a rom hack I intend to make. So far, I only have a few sprites I have here on my laptop but I hope you enjoy them. If you somehow see this thread, and the Fakemon, feel free to leave comments about their design. Thank you.

P.S: Please keep any comments respectful, and in case of negative feedback, constructive criticism is much more appreciated. Thank you.

11.23.2021:
    As per user Corveone's feedback on the design of Draculord, I decided to shrink the bony protrusions on its shoulders to better emphasize its other features and overall to reduce clutter in the design. However, I stuck with the pose because, I kinda like it.

Attachments

• Gyarados-S.png
      Gyarados-S.png
      1.2 KB · Views: 213
    • Mushroserk.png
      Mushroserk.png
      1.1 KB · Views: 208
    • Draculord.png
      Draculord.png
      1.2 KB · Views: 198
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello rom hacking community. This is a pretty small thread where I plan to have some Fakemon sprites critiqued for a rom hack I intend to make. So far, I only have a few sprites I have here on my laptop but I hope you enjoy them. If you somehow see this thread, and the Fakemon, feel free to leave comments about their design. Thank you.

P.S: Please keep any comments respectful, and in case of negative feedback, constructive criticism is much more appreciated. Thank you.

Approved, though I moved it to the correct sub-forum.
    I personally like the designs. Decided on names yet?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    For the bat, I named it Draculord, based on vampire bats and Dracula.
    The dragon is my regional variant Gyarados. Leaning more into the oriental dragon mythology.
    The mushroom's named Mushroserk, based on berserker vikings and the fly agaric mushroom (which is proposed to be what caused the berserker's trance.)

I am very glad you like it, thank you.

Years
    • Seen today
    1 looks ok but its design is a bit confusing and it's hard to tell what it is. Maybe a more clean pose would help showing it better.
    2 looks fine on its own, but pretty hard to recognize as a Gyarados regional form.
    3 looks excelent

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I decided to have not only the designs critiqued, but also how balanced they are in terms of stats/movepool/ability

Draculord:
    Type: Dark/Ghost
    Stats:
    Spoiler:

Abilities:
    Spoiler:

Hidden Ability:
    Spoiler:

Notable Moves:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Regional Gyarados (Haven't decided on the region name):
    Type: Water/Dragon (FINALLY)
    Stats:
    Spoiler:

Ability:
    Spoiler:

Hidden Ability:
    Spoiler:

Notable Moves:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Mushroserk
    Type: Grass/Fighting
    Stats:
    Spoiler:

Abilities:
    Spoiler:

Hidden Ability:
    Spoiler:

Notable Moves:
    Spoiler:

Also, for Mushroserk and its prevo (might sprite it in a little while) the Big Mushroom doubles Speed.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Sure they might seem a little op, but don't worry, I intend to make fakemon that both make sense design and concept wise, and play well in the balancing of the game. And, here's a spoiler alert:
    Spoiler:

I intend this hack to be up there with the famous ones, like Unbound, Radical Red, Clover, Vega and others. Wish me luck guys!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I like all three sprites but I actually think that regional gyarados would be better as a original mon unrelated to Gyarados, or maybe just a similar mon-line e.g. feebas/karp Tauros/Bouffalant type situation. Just a thought anyway, I can see the Gyarados inspiration but doesn't seem like a regional variant to me personally.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Recently, I have been contemplating on doing that, and since you seem to agree, I decide to do that. Thank you. Henceforth, the Pokemon shall now be named "Torretitan". Thank you for the feedback!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Greetings again, good people of the community, back here with another fakemon.
    Introducing Imperavia!
    Spoiler:

Based on the phoenix as well as the Russian Firebird. This is my region's pseudo-legendary!

Typing: Fire/Dragon
    Stats:
    Spoiler:

Abilities:
    Spoiler:

Notable Moves
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Say hello to the first stage Grass type starter, Snailgae!
    Based on algae, I modeled this Fakemon after snails, since their shapes are (kinda) similar. This Pokemon loves to bask in the sun. The shell on its back fumes out oxygen as a result of this photosynthesis.
    Spoiler:

Since it's still just a basic stage, I don't have much of an idea yet how its stat spread should go (sorry Little Cup players!). I will think of it sooner or later though but for now, critique and enjoy the design :).

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    New post:
    Hey everybody! Long time after my last post, I decided to post some other sprites I made here, like resprites and stuff. Feel free to critique!

Attachments

• 285781818_336914508586617_5206659521213443116_n.png
      285781818_336914508586617_5206659521213443116_n.png
      3.2 KB · Views: 88
    • Mewtwo.png
      Mewtwo.png
      1 KB · Views: 88
    • Thunde-Ra.png
      Thunde-Ra.png
      1.1 KB · Views: 88
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    Greetings again, good people of the community, back here with another fakemon.
    Introducing Imperavia!

Based on the phoenix as well as the Russian Firebird. This is my region's pseudo-legendary!

Typing: Fire/Dragon
    Stats:
    Spoiler:

Abilities:
    Spoiler:

Notable Moves
    Spoiler:

I like it! Really amazing!

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    For the Torretitan sprite, I think the flippers(what I'm assuming the white things are) should maybe be a little higher up on the body. Other than that, it looks great!

Back