• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Hack Generation Decision

Which region do you dislike most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
  • I don't know if this is against the rules or anything, but it didn't say anything in the rules.

I'm making a Pokemon Hack with Fakemon and Sinnoh Pokemon, but am faced with the decision to rid of two regions, either Kanto, Johto or Hoenn.

Please answer the poll above so I can decide which two are the most disliked.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Johto is by far the worst. Kanto is my favorite (call me a nostalgia ***** if you want), and Hoenn is fairly decent.

But please, for the love of god, don't use Johto.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Hmm...
    That's a very difficult question. But I guess I had to choose Johto since it got off the traditional "first Gym Rock-type" thing. :P

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    i find hoenn too dispersive. Kanto and Johto are done better, in my opinion

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I love all of the regions, and actually have a hard time shaking off any nostalgia I have for each one. I voted for Johto though, because there are too many hacks that try to use it. It has always been my favorite, and I'm tired of seeing it attempted. We just got HG/SS for pete's sake, there is no way you should include it in your hack.

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    I voted for Kanto, just because there is so much in the real games, such as the original's, GSC, and both remakes. And there are a lot of Fire Red hacks that kinda keep the same format, and the "Yellow" remakes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Kanto is pretty much fail, IMO. It's very boring playing it. Johto is nice and Hoenn is decent too. (And Sinnoh is teh uber fail)

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Dang, Hoenn is my favourite and its getting blasted.
    By the way, I won't be getting rid of ALL Pokemon from the Region, some I will keep if I truly think they fit in the game.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • 1st) Sinnoh
    2nd) Kanto
    3rd) Hoenn
    4th) Jhotto
    Why? Because i like the geographical features of sinnoh. the storyline of kanto, and the pokemon of hoenn. jhotto is just kinda 'there' for me...

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Hoenn was the first region where the towns and cities were all drastically different from one another with ideas that had never been used before. Fortree, Sootopolis, Pacifilog etc. I find Johto very boring because of HG/SS (which I have sold on ebay) being a disapointment and because it was just... well dull. Kanto is alright but my region rankings are:

1. Hoenn
    2. Sinnoh
    3. Kanto
    4. Johto

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    well, if you want a more laid back kind of atmosphere, i think hoesnn would be a good after game. but if you want something to get exiting, not hoenn. hoenn will waste time with lots of surfing and has a lot of scenic bridges and stuff.

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    Hoenn and Kanto. There are too many Johto hacks.

Dang, Hoenn is being blasted off...

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • I hate how Hoenn is hated! It was the best region overall, added many new interesting pokemon, and it introduced double battles! People hating on Hoenn, your gonna tell me you hate double battles?

But yeah, Hoenn is the best region, and Kanto is the worst. Such boring and short routes, boring towns, just very boring.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • I <3 Hoenn. It has lots of cities and towns and places. I dislike Kanto since the games don't have a version mascot <.< And it's so small. No wonder they created the Sevii Islands.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    i dislike hoenn, but don't know why. out of the 3 on there i'd say johto is the best, but out of every region, even ones not included, i like the Orange islands best.

so out of ones you have: JOHTO best, Hoenn worst
    out of all: Orange Islands best, Sinnoh worst

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    Hoenn is awesome. Hoenn and Sinnoh are my favourite regions.

Kanto and Johto are... alright. They're a bit cramped, compared to the other two.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Hoenn is by far is the prettiest, but I didn't like the storyline very much. Furthermore, it would be somewhat difficult to recreate if you're using Firered.

Kanto is just so overused and boring. We've had some rendition of Kanto every generation, not to mention hacks where you're either STILL in Kanto, or the maps aren't changed enough to not know it's Kanto.

Johto, just no. Everyone's basically sick of Johto, and it'd seem like another universally hated remake. You'd have to work incredibly hard to make Johto new again, and I'm not sure it can be done now that it's been killed and remade and killed again so many times.

Sinnoh is still sorta new and exciting. But it'd be easy to ruin if you're not careful. Still, it seems like the best choice.

My vote goes to Sinnoh or Hoenn staying. Get rid of Kanto and Johto.

Back