• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
  • While you can still make question threads if your GO question is more in-depth, this is the thread for anything that doesn't need a full discussion surrounding it and can be usually answered in one or two posts. Questions like "what Pokémon's shadow is this?", "should I power up this Pokémon?" and "what does the blue glow around my Pokémon mean?" are examples of things that usually wouldn't warrant their own thread. Don't be afraid to post here if you feel your question doesn't require more detailed responses.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    ### Map that shows GYM Locations? ###

What is the best website that shows the locations of gyms?

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • I have read online that Incense summons a Pokemon every 5 minutes when standing still, and every 1 minute when walking.

I used my first one today, while on a long walk, and only got about 5 Pokemon during the whole time, spread out over the duration.

What was I doing wrong?

Years
  • I have read online that Incense summons a Pokemon every 5 minutes when standing still, and every 1 minute when walking.

I used my first one today, while on a long walk, and only got about 5 Pokemon during the whole time, spread out over the duration.

What was I doing wrong?

Hmm, I've never heard that. I don't think you were doing anything wrong. Your experience lines up precisely with my experience.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Several different sources/articles online have stated that walking during an active Incense increases the spawn rate to one every minute instead of one every five minutes. If it was just one source I would write it off, but...

Years
  • Several different sources/articles online have stated that walking during an active Incense increases the spawn rate to one every minute instead of one every five minutes. If it was just one source I would write it off, but...

Huh. I'll be interested to see what others say, then... But I've used incense multiple times while walking and have never had such a gain from it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    # How many people can attack to GYM at the same time? #

If i want to team up with my friends to take down a gym what's the maximum number of people that can attack at the same time? I mean how many of us would be seen on the arena of the gym?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    It's every five minutes if you're standing still. It's every minute or every 200 meters if you're consistently moving.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • As far as I know, 4 people is the maximum. I know because I was with a huge group a few days ago and we were trying to take down a Valor gym that was a level 8 and we needed more than one person to take it all down.

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
  • I think it depends on the level of the gym? I'm not sure because I'm never gone to attack a gym in a group. But I've seen others express their experiences. I know 2+ can though.​

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Is this Dragonite worth powering up?

Should I power up my 150CP dragonite with 15/2/15 IVs and Dbreath//hyperbeam. It will take around 75k stardust to get it to max level...

OR

Should I evolve my 500CP Dratini with 15/9/15 IVs and spend 125 candy, 20k stardust to evolve/power it up to max level BUT it might get random attacks (like STEELWING.....)?

75k stardust is a lot.... but I really don't want to have to waste all that dratini candy just to get a STEELWING Dragonite... Its taken me like 3 weeks to get my 90 candy and I was lucky because a Dratini hatched in between (and gave me 30candy!).... Thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    If it's got the best move set and good IV's then stick with it, as you level up then stardust isn't an issue any more and the alternative is saving up 125 Dratini candy to evolve all the way to dragonite and hoping it gets good IV's and best moves.
    However if the moves aren't the best and IV's are low then maybe wait for another one

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    If it's got the best move set and good IV's then stick with it, as you level up then stardust isn't an issue any more and the alternative is saving up 125 Dratini candy to evolve all the way to dragonite and hoping it gets good IV's and best moves.
    However if the moves aren't the best and IV's are low then maybe wait for another one

So the Dragonite has IMO the moves I want. Really it's the fear of getting Steel Wing instead of Dragonbreath as its primary attack (Steel Wing weak against fire, electric and water... wtf?). There's a 50% chance of this happening and if it does get steel wing then I gotta restart again from 0 Dratini candy....

This Dragonite has max ATK and HP IVs, but a horrid 2DEF IV. The Dratini I have has 15/9/15, so it's defense is 7IV better than my Dnite... It's more of do you think it's worth it to risk the 50% chance

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Should I power up my 150CP dragonite with 15/2/15 IVs and Dbreath//hyperbeam. It will take around 75k stardust to get it to max level...

OR

Should I evolve my 500CP Dratini with 15/9/15 IVs and spend 125 candy, 20k stardust to evolve/power it up to max level BUT it might get random attacks (like STEELWING.....)?

75k stardust is a lot.... but I really don't want to have to waste all that dratini candy just to get a STEELWING Dragonite... Its taken me like 3 weeks to get my 90 candy and I was lucky because a Dratini hatched in between (and gave me 30candy!).... Thoughts?

You will be better levelling up the dragonite you have, it may be a while before its gym battleing ready but when you get there it will be worth it

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    You will be better levelling up the dragonite you have, it may be a while before its gym battleing ready but when you get there it will be worth it

Well I have 100k stardust and 90 dratini candy ready, so I can power it up all in one go

I'm just trying to get as much feedback as possible because, well, it's a pretty big decision. 75k stardust + 70 dratini candy aren't exactly easy to come by

Back