• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
    Infinite lucky egg and incase?

I saw somewhere on web if you use lucky egg or incase and after 25 min you turn off automatic date on your phone and turn your time on phone not more than 30 minutes lets say 28/30 min passed you roll back time of your phone the item time resets giving you infinite number of minutes for your lucky egg and incase.
    Anyone care to try this?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I saw a video where a guy stumbled upon this possible explot on accident and if I remember correctly, he showed while testing upon realizing it was happening that it doesn't work or exploit the time limit because the personal clock on the phone was not coordinated with the live clock on the Pokemon GO client. Therefore the exploit glitched the game and prevented it from registering any of the actions occurring on the game.

I just checked the video and they actually discover it by messing around with incense not a lucky egg. So it might be worth it to test it more.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The timer displayed in-game is based on your phone's current time (if you activated an incense at 7:30 PM, ran it for 20 minutes then set your clock back to 7:30 PM the timer would reset to 30 mins) but the results, ie finding Pokémon or getting double exp etc, are based on the server's time and if your phone is out of sync with the server time you won't see any effects at all.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I've done it, not sure if I still got the effects but it felt like it. Lv 18->21 ftw. Only do it once, if you do it twice it really screws up your game and phone.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2016
    # High IV Pokemon evolution? #

When you evolve a high IV pokemon will the evolved pokemon have the same IV? I mean lets say i have a %98 IV Magikarp. If i evolve it will my Gyarados also have %98 IV or will it change randomly like the moveset?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    IVs will carry over and be the same when the Pokémon evolves. A 98% Magikarp will become a 98% Gyarados :)

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    I saw a video where a guy stumbled upon this possible explot on accident and if I remember correctly, he showed while testing upon realizing it was happening that it doesn't work or exploit the time limit because the personal clock on the phone was not coordinated with the live clock on the Pokemon GO client. Therefore the exploit glitched the game and prevented it from registering any of the actions occurring on the game.

I just checked the video and they actually discover it by messing around with incense not a lucky egg. So it might be worth it to test it more.
    Spoiler:

Does not work. Everything is server side. 30 minutes is 30 minutes. Just because you rewind the clock back 30 minutes doesn't mean you go back in time.

You can see the GFX in your game adjust to accommodate your phone's clock, but the effects will last for the intended 30 minutes and not a second more.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Move sets help

I've been looking at building my Pokemon to take on gyms so been planning what moves I want them to help, since the update last week some of those moves changed but according to serebii mud shot and poison jab got improved. Mud shot should have gone from
    6 damage to 12 damage and poison jab from 12 to 15 but I checked my kingler and seaking and they have the old stats for those attacks.
    so is serebii wrong? If so what site will have all the correct stats or has my Pokemon not got the update properly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Wifi-hotspot connection for Pokemon Go

Is Wifi-hotspot connection can be used for Pokemon Go ?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    If you're asking whether GO can be played whilst connected to WiFi rather than mobile data then yes, it very much can! Otherwise you may need to be a little more specific sorry, hard to answer without knowing the real question haha.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Sorry English isn't my main.
    I mean I have a phone that has Wifi-hotspot that can share wifi to my iPad ( that I use to play Pokemon Go )
    I want to know that is Pokemon Go supported for wifi from my WiFi-hotspot ? every time I try to use Wifi-hotspot to connect to the game. It shows retry or try different account on the login screen. I can only use Wifi from router to connect to the game.
    So, anyone know how to fix this ?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    The phone that has Wifi-hotspot can't install Pokemon Go because of low specs.

Years
    The phone that has Wifi-hotspot can't install Pokemon Go because of low specs.

Well, game is pretty bugged out, make sure location is active on both devices and keep entering and leaving game untill you get in, i assume that servers are over populated and you have problems coz of that

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I got lucky with my Poliwrath and he has bubble, I hope in a future update you can change their moves, for some people it's very difficult to get enough candies to evolve so it's very annoying when you evolve a Pokemon and it gets the wrong move set

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2016
    Is Pokemon Go slow for you?

When I am playing Pokemon Go with my friends, their pokemon always show up first before mine. Example: When we are walking a wild pokemon would always show first on their screen to mine. I have to wait like 30seconds for it to appear on mine, which is quiet annoying. I've tried re downloading the app and my app is update to date. Any suggestions?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    99% of the time this'll either be due to slower internet connection on the lagging phone or a GPS that is slower to update. Do you have your GPS settings on high sensitivity (in your phone's settings menu go to the location tab) and do you have a good/stable internet connection?

Back