• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thematic Consistency

Years
  • Are there any recurring themes that come across in many of your stories? What are they? Do you do it on purpose or does it just come naturally to you to write such stories? Discuss!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Superpowers lol. There is always something supernatural, usually in the form of one or several unusually empowered characters. I just find it fun to study that, I suppose.

Years
  • My stories will often feature some sort of class divide quite prominently and often have plotlines that revolve around the conflicts caused by that divide. Even my RPs tend to have that as a common feature in their settings and my works that do not have this as the focus sometimes still find their way into touching upon it. Case in point, Stairway to Heaven is definitely not a story focused on class divide but because of the difference between Layla's upbringing compared to that of Eloy and Gwen, it has briefly been touched upon.

It's not exactly something I seek out to make a recurring theme across my stories though. Rather, it is something that I myself feel very strongly about and so its a theme that will just seep into my work whether I'm aiming for it to or not as those are stories that typically resonate with me as both a creator and an audience.

Last edited:

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
  • Are there any recurring themes that come across in many of your stories? What are they? Do you do it on purpose or does it just come naturally to you to write such stories? Discuss!

Struggles and flaws in the protagonists. Obstacles and things they need to overcome that are in themselves as well as in others.

Another one probably would probably be going deeper with antagonists or showing multiple perspectives.

Bay

Years
  • Not all of my works, but a few fair of them have characters having rough pasts and trying to move forward from that. Foul Play has that with Grimsley and Nanu, even though I didn't set out on that theme when I first started writing it.

Back