• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Journal] Mega gives thoughts on Gaming News & Games Currently Playing

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • Um...............

EVERYONE.

I... um....

I DON'T THINK I NEED ANYTHING ELSE THIS YEAR. I REALLY DON'T.

YOU DON'T JUST CASUALLY DROP THIS BOMBSHELL ON ME NINTENDO. YOU JUST DON'T. I WASN'T EXPECTING THIS AT ALL. YOU GOT ME HERE. YOU REALLY DID. GOOD JOB.

In all seriousness though...... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE support these games on whatever console or device you choose to support it on. They are AMAZING platformers and have GREAT story and just EVERYTHING. WE MIGHT GET MORE GAMES IF IT SELLS WELL ENOUGH. Please? 😭

THEN THIS HAPPENED

THAT FLUTE PLAYED THE SONG OF IRONY. Because I LITERALLY just got into this franchise and started playing the games a few months ago. THIS IS THE MOST IRONIC THING EVER. IT LITERALLY COMES OUT IN MY BIRTHDAY MONTH TOO

I... just......

I JUST CAN'T. I REALLY CAN'T. EVEN NOW I'M JUST SO DAMN HAPPY.

If I get nothing else this year.... I'M GOOD. I REALLY AM.

And yet... I JUST MIGHT. Because Digimon Con is the 26th. There was no Pokemon at the Nintendo Direct either so I still feel like there's a possibility of a Pokemon Presents at around the end of this month. Time will tell when it comes to this. They are promising an update for Final Fantasy XVI in Spring. There's likely something Kingdom Hearts related being revealed in April.

IF I GET DIGIMON SURVIVE AND FINAL FANTASY XVI THIS YEAR TOO WITH MAYBE A KH4 OR A FF VERSUS 13 EXCEPT KH................ I WON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I WON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO REACT HONESTLY. I'LL JUST BE ON THE FLOOR UNCONSCIOUS DUE TO HAPPINESS OR SOMETHING IDK.

I'm sorry everyone. I really am. I'm just SO HAPPY and I wanted to share that happiness I guess. Feel free to talk about other stuff that happened in the Direct yesterday too if you want. I do feel bad for Zelda and Hollow Knight fans though. I guess.

If a mod wants to close this thread immediately I guess I understand..... 😭

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The only thing in the Direct that I had any interest in was the Three Houses Warriors game, but that's how these things often go. For some people what was shown was great, for others it's meh.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I'm okay. I swear. I am.

In all seriousness though... I can never figure out how to embed/post YouTube videos in actual posts on here. So if a mod wants to modify my post to do the YouTube videos correctly... feel free too. I guess.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    In all seriousness though... I can never figure out how to embed/post YouTube videos in actual posts on here. So if a mod wants to modify my post to do the YouTube videos correctly... feel free too. I guess.
    I went and did the edit for you just now.

All you need to do to embed Youtube videos on PC is to take the part of the video's URL after the = and then place [youtube][/youtube] around it.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well... since everyone seems to have their own 'gaming threads' in this area I guess I'll use this as mine until or unless a mod complains at me about it too much.

So... Digimon Con is officially one week away now. At this point... all I can really do is just hope for the best. Here are my hopes and dreams for it.

Update on 02 movie (revealed last year)
    English Dub for Adventure 2020 confirmed (speculated and rumored. Unknown. Not sure where it would go other than Netflix unless they shock everyone and it ends up on Toonami or something)
    English Dub for Ghost Game confirmed? (doubtful tbh. If it took this long to potentially dub the reboot it will likely take just as long for Ghost Game to get dubbed)
    Digimon Survive re-reveal with release date confirmation (The re-reveal seems likely. It's just unknown if they'll give a solid date or not. tbh... we need one at this point. It'll be featured in one way or another for sure because they wouldn't have specifically mentioned it by name in the question form if it wasn't. I'm hoping for a solid and specific release date but that seems more like a pipe dream than anything else)
    Teaser/reveal of the next Digimon console game after Digimon Survive (seems unlikely tbh. They probably want to focus on one game at a time but considering how long they've made us wait for Survive... I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility for them to 'make up for it' so to speak with a teaser or reveal of the next Digimon game that will be coming out after Survive. At best they'll give a 2023 release window or at worst they'll just give the 'now in development' text)

As far as other stuff... I'm expecting some of the other mobile games to come over to the U.S. Digimon Super Rumble seems like an obvious one but stuff like New Century might come over as well as whatever the new one is that's being worked on for China or whatever.

Anyway as far as games I'm playing at the moment... that would be what's in my signature. Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I just hit Chapter 9. So I'm close to the end of it. The main game at least. I already bought the DLC so I'll likely play that afterwards. If you want to ask me about that game... feel free to? I guess? idk how this stuff works anymore lol

I just don't want to look like an idiot at this point... *goes to sob in a corner* 😭

Slightly important edit: REMINDER TWEET!! 😱

https://twitter.com/digimon_games/status/1494793855681576965?s=20&t=cofrA2wNvbCSgGrwivTkHg

Last edited:
    Years
  • I went ahead and swapped the thread tag to "Gaming Journal" if you plan on using it as such ;) Hope you're enjoying Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • RED ALERT. WE HAVE A SCHEDULE EVERYONE.

image0.jpg

DIGIMON SURVIVE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE A PART OF THE FIRST SEGMENT. totally hasn't begun to pray for a release date to be revealed

Not only that... DO YOU SEE. HOW LONG. THE GAME SEGMENT. IS?!

It's freaking just as long (technically LONGER) than a NINTENDO DIRECT.

I...

just....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Mega can not be reached at this time. Please leave a message after the.... SOUNDS OF PASSING OUT ONTO THE FLOOR*

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well... the game segment is over. I'm just waiting for the anime segment now.

They showed A LOT for Digimon Survive. Problem is... there is still no release date. All they did really was ask fans to 'wait a little bit longer' and that they would share more 'soon' but didn't actually clarify how soon 'soon' actually is.

This is the official excuse for the issues. It doesn't make me feel any better.

https://twitter.com/TheWindragon24/status/1497762640310853637?t=fwb-Wd9I13ArB5fZnzbdXA&s=19

I guess it's time to just be hyped for XC3 and maybe FFXVI instead.

See mods? I told you there was nothing to worry about. Believe it or not I'm not that stupid.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • If I didn't get an english dub of Adventure 2020... I would have been in a much worse state.

THEN. I WAS SAVED BY OUR LORD AND SAVIOR GEN 9. I needed that so god damn bad. SO. GOD DAMN. BAD. Especially considering I was literally unable to sleep on Saturday night (no I'm not joking). But don't worry I'm okay now (not that anyone actually cares) as I managed to fall asleep last night.

I made my first YouTube video on my channel in 6+ months (because I felt like I had to do SOMETHING) and that... helped in a very bizarre way (even if the video was mostly depressing... sort of). But don't worry I'm not posting it here or on this thread. For... reasons. Let's just leave it at that.

Either way I've made the decision... that I'm done. If you want to call it 'giving up' then so be it. Because what other choice is there at this point? The answer is there is none. I can't take it anymore. My patience has officially run out. I didn't SURVIVE. So I'm done. Don't get me wrong. I'll still buy, play, and support it. But I just can't do this anymore. I really can't. I can't and shouldn't have to take this anymore. Because it's gone above and beyond ridiculous at this point. So I won't do it anymore. I can't and shouldn't have to take it anymore. So I won't.

I will put all of my efforts into supporting upcoming games THAT ACTUALLY HAVE RELEASE DATES (Klonoa Phantasy Reverie, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Pokemon Gen 9, Final Fantasy XVI (if it gets a release date and comes out this year), etc.)

And that's all there is to it.

Years
  • Focusing on what you know you're getting rather than setting yourself up for disappointment sounds like a much healthier way to engage with gaming, honestly. Kudos to you for making the change.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • So... I played the Kirby and the Forgotten Land Demo last night.

There's really only one thing I can say about it...................

20/10 GOING TO BE THE BEST KIRBY GAME EVER 😍

Yes. I'm serious. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating. A little. Still though. JUST SO GOD DAMN GOOD. I don't even remember the last time I played a Kirby game this good. Potentially... I never did. This is just going to be great and I love seeing this unfold and happen.

Kirby has deserved something like this for so long now and now he's finally getting it. Maybe this will be the trend going forward...? One can only hope I suppose.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • There isn't going to be anything gaming related going on now until probably E3. yet another lie from our favorite survive team. so much for updates 'soon' It's going to be extremely boring for me until that time.

Some people are sending me rumors about possibly Spyro 4 getting announced next month and there are still rumors of a PlayStation Showcase happening at some point in the next couple of months (40 minute PlayStation event as opposed to the 20-ish minute State of Plays). But I finally learned my lesson once and for all. It just took literally being unable to sleep in order to finally learn it. I don't assume or hope for anything anymore. I wait for official announcements. That's it.

In the meantime I've been playing Octopath Traveler recently after finally finishing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm... not sure how I feel about it right now honestly. It's interesting and unique. I guess? However... being required to grind, which is just unfun to me in general, is a major turn off for me right now. If I have to do this between each characters Chapter stories... or god forbid each characters individual stories in Chapter 2... I'm not sure I'll put myself through it for much longer. I'm trying to push myself through it right now. I really am. Because I hate not finishing what I start. But if it really starts to annoy and irk me... then it's unknown how much longer I'll put myself through it. Right now though... I'd say this game is NOT what everyone made it out to be so far. However... if you have a better suggestion for me on handle this... by all means give it to me. I'll take whatever suggestion/advice I can get.

Side note... I'm REALLY getting sick of seeing all of the negativity surrounding Chocobo GP. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't understand why. Because I do. It just makes me feel like I wasted my money and I was enjoying having a fun little side game to play. Thanks for ruining me having a side game everyone. 😒

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well... it looks like I might be done buying games for quite a long time with best kirby game ever the new Kirby game now bought. Nothing else I want or am interested in has a solid release date right now. Although I'm intrigued by Live A Live... I'm not committing to it right now. Mostly because my current HD2D experience (Octopath) hasn't really been the greatest and still isn't. I'm aware that they are two totally different and completely different games. I'm just saying.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing though. In fact it's quite the opposite. It's a good thing. Because my backlog is still way to god damn large right now. So I don't need more added to it. Although with rumors of a new Sly Cooper game and Spyro 4 potentially being revealed sometime in April... it might happen anyway. Especially with the former since I'll want to play the other games in the franchise first. Either way... we'll see I guess

Also for anyone that cares... one week after this next upcoming Saturday... is the Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event.

Hm? What's that? You want me to say more?

Why?

I learned my lesson. Only time will tell if anything comes out from it or not. Though tbh... I feel like HMK might be hyping it up a bit too much. He's setting himself up for the same thing that happened to me in February. But hopefully that won't actually happen.

If you really want to know what I think will happen that badly...

Spoiler:

Like I said... we'll see. I refuse to go through another repeat scenario.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • E3 is canceled so no games are going to out ever now. Goodie. 😡

At least I managed to beat 3/4 of the Advance Job Shrines in Octopath last night? Hopefully I can take down the last and the rest of the Chapter 4's will be smooth sailing. Hopefully.

Oh and the Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event is officially a week away. I plan on joining a Kingdom Hearts Discord to help get myself hyped and prepared for it. I guess. Whether I'll stay on said Discord... we'll see. It will mostly depend on what ends up actually happening.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT SPOILERS BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Spoiler:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • So...

I've had a pretty crazy 48 hours. Even putting it this way... seems like a massive ass understatement. First... there was this yesterday...

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/digimon-survive-launches-july-28-in-japan

imagine if this is actually a worldwide release date

So... yeah... not what I was expecting AT ALL...

BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE.

THEN THIS HAPPENED TODAY.

IT'S COMING MUCH EARLIER THAN ORIGINALLY SPECIFIED. NOW THERE IS A REAL POSSIBILITY OF BOTH OF THESE GAMES COMING OUT IN THE SAME GOD DAMN MONTH. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

But it's fine lol. Because we all know the Digimon Survive thing won't actually be a worldwide release date. Absolutely not. Still though... this is just...

WHY AM I EATING SO GOOD ALL OF A SUDDEN?!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have to wonder why it's releasing earlier than was originally stated, that's afaik really unusual for a game to have its release date pushed up

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Back