• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you want to see in a Pokemon DLC?

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
  • I know, I know, Gamefreak and Nintendo will never release DLCs for profits and stuff, but I was just wondering what the fanbase would like to see. Games like Pokemon don't generally get DLCs, and it's hard to tell what we would get. I'm curious as to see what people's expectations are. I, for one, would like to see some more story "missions," and a mythical Pokemon. You know how we have Mythical events? Instead of that, it would be like the HG/SS Celebi event except longer. I would also expect previously inaccessible places to be open to us. For example, in BW2, the old route leading to Victory Road would become accessible from Opelucid City, where we can find some Mythical Pokemon there. In SM/USUM, you would have to upgrade the fossil restoration area would be some kind of Jurrassic Park place by helping the dude building it, and in the completed park, we can actually catch wild fossil pokemon, and actually maybe ride one or something. These may seem small, but I want them to be large quests and stuff. Yes, these are unrealistic expectations (though not unreasonable, because other games like Destiny, Destiny 2, Fallout 4, etc. have pulled off larger content releases), but if Pokemon won't have a DLC, there's no point in thinking small, right?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    I think mythical pokemon sidequests as in the games of old would be cool. They could be in the style of the delta episode, eventually leading to the capture of a mythical pokemon, or maybe a shiny legendary or something. They could introduce new characters, but I think the best would be to use existing characters in new ways that flesh them out better. I'd especially love elite 4 members to be involved in the storyline. I like how we know a little bit about Lance, Koga and Caitlynn's journey, as well as Malva's involvement in team flare (even though we never saw her during the flare storyline) and that odd, unexplainable Grimsley cameo in Alola. I expected to see Phoebe in Alola (as well as Bellossom, Solrock and Lunatone but oh well). I also feel like Drake's absence from the delta episode was a missed opportunity-he could have been a draconid, too, and I wish that they would have included the Unova elite four in the battle at N's castle.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I'd happily pay for, say, an equivalent of the Fight Area island in Sinnoh as DLC. Around half a region of new content, new characters, new events, and a legendary with a plot that isn't end of the world/apocalypse (god knows that's getting tired).

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • Agreed. I really don't want a repeat of the story. I want some previously unexplored content. Like something about Volcanion, or Hoopa and more about its relation to "Alexander," Hoopa's OT. Also, even if we don't get to catch a legend, but get a content release in a drip system (something like Destiny 2's Black Armory, except not as slow), it would be nice because there'll be things to do during the content draughts. Also, I wouldn't mind some competitive based events and DLC, with improvements to the Battle Tree-esque things. For example, they could introduce something like the Battle Royale from SM as a DLC, and add some improvements. It would also be nice to have cutscenes and stuff.

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • The Delta episode from ORAS but for every mythical mon. A side-story of Lille's travels through kanto letting you deal with a scenario, catch a team and beat maybe 2-3 gym leaders / the E4 would've been pretty sweet, while its a bit late for that some DLC where you could actually play as the rival / eccentric support character (looker) and explore the world through their perspective would be great to flesh them out a bit.

On the competitive side the DLCs they did during gen 5 where you could download and battle 'ghosts' of the winners + runners up from Worlds was perfect keep doing that

Years
  • Mainly just new areas to explore with new story, kinda like Sinnoh's Battle Zone or Kanto's Sevii Islands. Either of those would work as DLC, in my opinion. Would be interesting if they added new Pokémon in those areas too, though I think that'd be fairly unlikely.

Years
  • I think anything like the Delta Episode from ORAS would be pretty solid DLC that I would pay a couple of bucks for- as long as the quality of the game itself didn't suffer in any way because of it.

And while it would never happen because they make too much money off of people like me for third versions, I would've been happy if Ultra Sun/Moon were DLC for the originals. It brought a bit of new stuff, sure, but it didn't really do enough for me to think that a whole new set of titles was worth it.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • The Delta episode from ORAS but for every mythical mon. A side-story of Lille's travels through kanto letting you deal with a scenario, catch a team and beat maybe 2-3 gym leaders / the E4 would've been pretty sweet, while its a bit late for that some DLC where you could actually play as the rival / eccentric support character (looker) and explore the world through their perspective would be great to flesh them out a bit.

On the competitive side the DLCs they did during gen 5 where you could download and battle 'ghosts' of the winners + runners up from Worlds was perfect keep doing that

Though I can't agree with you on following Lillie around (:laugh-squinted:), I would love to look at the travels of other trainers, like Wally, Red, or maybe even Cyrus or something. It'd be interesting because it's likely that we won't have any development in our vanilla games because we're controlling a different character in the games. I'd like to see how they handle that (if it ever happens).

I think anything like the Delta Episode from ORAS would be pretty solid DLC that I would pay a couple of bucks for- as long as the quality of the game itself didn't suffer in any way because of it.

And while it would never happen because they make too much money off of people like me for third versions, I would've been happy if Ultra Sun/Moon were DLC for the originals. It brought a bit of new stuff, sure, but it didn't really do enough for me to think that a whole new set of titles was worth it.

Agreed. USUM should have been a DLC, and the new UBs should have been the main feature, along with the other new features and such, along with the sidequests and stuff.

Years
  • as mentioned, I can see something akin to the Delta Episode from ORAS being offered as DLC. would honestly prefer that if anything; I think there's a real lack of enjoyable postgame content that people can really sink their teeth into that isn't (insert Battle Facility here). having different postgame "stories" would honestly be really nice now that I think about it...

Years
  • Battle Fronter if it wouldn't outright be included in a game and mythical and legendary Pokémon backstories, rather than them just being given out over WiFi events. I don't dislike the fact that we get many legends for free over WiFi, but I'd pay a few bucks per just to get some backstory and feel more immersed in the lore.

Also +1 to Sevii Islands-like areas!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I would love a region similar to Ireland, which would make for fantastic post-postgame.

I would imagine the introduction of an additional half of Gen 8's new roster of Pokémon if there's less than 100.

While not likely at this point, I would love to have the Pokémon equivalent of my home country. There's a lot of fascinating myths that would make great Pokémon.

The wildlife park and zoo in Cork and Dublin respectively, could make for some interesting Safari Zones or Wild Parks.

Back