• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
* lukomon Pokédex is available on the App Store!
* Check out lukomon on our new website

Finally, the long awaited MASSIVE update has arrived! We have worked hundreds of hours on this and we really hope you'll like it! We basically rewrote and redesigned the complete application. Some highlights that are introduced in this update:

* The most requested feature, an EV/IV stats calculator has finally made it into the app! With this useful feature you can calculate your Pokémon's IV status points. Now you can train the ultimate Pokémon! An EV tracker is already in designing phase and will be released shortly after this update. We had wanted the tracker in this update but it's a bit complicated and we want it to be perfect before we release it.

* We have added full Retina Display support! This means that lukomon Pokédex will look better than ever on Apple's newest iDevices! Multitasking is also supported now so you can continue where you left behind after you've closed lukomon.

* In lukomon Pokédex v1.0 some data was missing, but we have added all the missing pieces in v1.1! You can now look-up the Pokémon's Base Stats, weaknesses/resistances and habitats. Our artist has drawn some really nice art for these habitats, we hope you'll like it! We have also added support for GBA generation games.

* Lots of improvements, to name a few: an improved layout, a new database system (there is more data with less errors), improved management of collections and improved browsing by items (by Item Pocket, just like in the games). Thanks to our new database sytem lukomon is much faster to browse for a better experience. Please note that since we are using a whole new database, your favorites and collections from previous lukomon versions won't be brought over to lukomon v1.1. We're sorry about this, this won't happen again.

1.png

3.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

9.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
I have some nifty ideas, specially useful for those who like competitive battling:

- The stats of each poke (for 1st gen and the remaining)
- Smogon sets
- The EVs you get from fighting said pokes
- Information regarding natures
- Information regarding abilities
- Information regarding the speed at which each pokemon evolves (Exp necessary to level up)
- A "Berry-Dex" (what each berry does and where/how you can get it)
- A "Move-Dex" (Type, power, side-effect, PP and accuracy of each move)
- A battle-damage calculator
- The % of appearance of each poke per local, and also its % male/female ratio
- Browse by local
- Browse by stat
- The quotes from each pokedex in each original Pokémon game
- The normal and shiny sprites in every game
- A team builder like the one in Marriland.com: it might not be awesome for realistic building, but it does give some good type-wise feedback.

Well, you can get almost every piece of info I suggested on serebii.net and smogon .com But yeah, that'd pretty much make that the best Pokédex ever, having everything you ever needed for your Pokémon needs!

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Thanks for the ideas!

We understand that stats like base stats, powers, EVs are important to serious competitive trainers so we are going to incorporate those soon!
At this point you can view abilitie information, as well as lookup Pokémon by ability. Nature is something we haven't thought of yet. Will note that.

We have much information on items. Also specific information on certain types of items. For example for berries you can view the min/max amount of berries on a plant, the growth times and more.

With each Pokémon you can also view it's moves (By lvl, tutor, TM/HM). Ratio's are included ;)
We also have descriptions of Pokémon from the last two generations.

About the Smogon sets and team builders: I think that would make a good app on their own!

Thanks for your input!

We'd love to hear more from you guys :-)

p.s. added a screenshot in the first post!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 2, 2021
What a brilliant idea, pity I don't have an iPhone or Droid. Good work.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
I love the screenshot. Looks pretty sleek!

What about adding a link on each page for the respective pokemon's page on Serebii and Smogon?

If I get any more ideas, I'll tell you guys.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Serene Grace: We're still thinking about that. There will be a paid app and there might be an ad-supported or more likely a feature-stripped free version.

Blues003: Oh that would be a quick fix! I guess I'll have a word with the Serebii and Smogon admins :-)
Btw layout is a work-in-progress as well, will look even better soon ;-)

Thanks for your input! We'd certainly love to hear more :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
Well, now that I think about it, I don't think there's anything on serebii that you don't have already, except possibly Sort by type and by stat.

Oh, if you can, making a bar-graphic for stats would be much more clear, visually speaking. I'm talking about a diagram such as the ones at Smogon, in which by the colour of the bars themselves, you can get a good idea regarding each stat already.

Well, I don't know what has been implemented so far ("and much more" doesn't really tell me anything xD), so I guess that these ideas and the ones I posted a bit ago are the ones I have for now.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
What's an egg cycle? :P

This looks really useful actually!! I'm excited!!

How about maps of all the regions. Overhead views where you can click on routes and cities to find out if anything special happens there. Like say, National Park: Host the Bug Catching Contest every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Also the ability to zoom in to focus on certain routes. And maybe little icons displaying the presence of items/pokemon/trainers. etc. Might be alot but it'd sure be awesome. Either way what you alread have looks excellent!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Blues003: You can browse Pokémon By Type and Egg Group.
Bar graphs are really awesome and we've concepted a lot about the use of them in growth times for berries, base stats etc. But unfortunately those won't make it in the initial release. They will come later though!

Waffle-San: :P Here we go: egg Cycles are steps to hatch divided by 255. This makes for a good to read value on par with the happiness of a Pokémon (which also changes on 255).

The tip on events is really useful, thanks! We will think about a way to implement that :)
About the maps: same issue as the bar charts. Not enough time unfortunately to incorporate them in the initial release. Those will follow in an update :)
This is how it looks now. Functional, but the addition of a map would surely be nice :-)
lukodev1303.png

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
Years
  • Age 26
  • US
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
On the map, I think you could display the route, and use colored dots for trainers and items like with the PokeNav in R/S/E

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Wow, I'm so glad that I'm getting an iPod touch next week. These updates look really nice - the design looks amazingly spiffing, too.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Is there a release date on this yet? :P It's very awesome and I'm looking forward to having it on my Droid. Definitely be a bit easier than having to always check Serebii for certain things.

Myles

Seriously?
Years
What about going egg cycles: 12 (3,060 steps). I know the step count can vary with some thing, but it's still helpful.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions! This is really motivating ^_^

coolcatkim22: There is a lot of data specific to certain games. At the moment you can switch games with a button bar (like on the locations screenshot) but we're working on a function to set the profile information specific to a game.

JP: We will publish a roadmap but version 1.0 will be released 'very soon'! We're working hard on entering data and polishing. We want to have it available ASAP since Heart Gold and Soul Silver are being released.

Myles: Thanks for the suggestion! I will change that right now :)

You guys are great. We will probably be distributing some promotional codes here ;-)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
Kombo, sorting by type would be very nice indeed. Sometimes I just think I need a pokemon of a certain type for my team, so I go to serebii, click on said type, and I immedeatly get a list with all the pokemon of that type. That way, I am sure I did not forget any potential member :P

Also, what about something that informs which version certain pokemons are exclusives of?

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
Okay something I realised I would LOVE to have. An IV calculator. I know there's no real set way of calculating IV's and a pokemon usually has to be at least level 20-25 to calculate accurately but a handheld IV calculator would just be positively amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back