• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
Shuckleman, they already said that they aren't breaking any copyrights. Besides, there are already several other Pokédex apps in the App Store; how would you explain that?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2010
Yay

I'm really looking forward to app for the Android. That way I won't have to connect to the laggy serebii. After it's published, I'll be sure to toss out feedback and new ideas.

Shuckleman

The Awesome
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2010
Shuckleman, they already said that they aren't breaking any copyrights. Besides, there are already several other Pokédex apps in the App Store; how would you explain that?

Other people breaking copyright laws, but Nintendo hasn't seen them yet?

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
Other people breaking copyright laws, but Nintendo hasn't seen them yet?

Yeah right. The apps are like two months in the App Store, you think Nintendo wouldn't notice? Also, people at Nintendo probably have iPhones too, so they would've absolutely noticed those apps by now. So it seems there aren't any copyright issues. Let's get back on topic now, eh?

Hey Kombo, when are you planning to release your app? I'm really looking forward to it :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Hey!

Kranium: wow I didn't knew there was such a detailed breakdown on Pokémon locations! We do support daytime locations but have not added daytime-specific catch rates and levels. Those are easy to add in an update. Thanks ;-)

About the copyright: there is absolutely no problem in releasing an app as reference to their work.

Pokafreak and the others: I'm very sorry to report that we have been delayed for a couple of days. We're done designing and programming but we're still missing some data. We hired to two people to work on our database and finish the last bits. We still hope to submit it this week. Stay tuned.
I personally apologize. I underestimated the amount of work. Even though we've been entering data for the complete past three weeks, we're still missing some pokemon and linkage between pokemon/items and moves and locations. We will keep trying our hardest to finish lukomon!

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
Don't forget location specific rates and levels too! :D

Sorry to hear that it will be delayed, but stuff happens, and I'd rather wait and have it be a really good app, then have it released early half-finished.

Years
This app looks really promising, although I'm not much of a Generation IV guy. Will there ever be an update/app in the future that would have all the information for the first 3 generations? I would buy that in a heartbeat if you made it!

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
At the moment we focus on the Nintendo DS series (Generation IV) but we will most definitely add support for generation III in the future. Not sure about earlier generations though! But we will take your wishes in consideration ;-)
And ofcourse you can always use non-game specific information (Locations), moves almost always apply to earlier generations as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
Well, too bad the app has been delayed. But no worries, since it'll improve the app, I won't whine. :) Hopefully you'll be able to submit it asap.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
As I'm typing this from my iPod touch, I can't wait for this to be added. Hopefully it's available in the uk store too.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
It will definitely be available in the UK. We try to make it available to as many people in as many countries possible. We might add localization in the future too.

I can confirm that we will support daytime and location specific levels and rates for Pokémon. I think that'll certainly come in handy :-)
We won't support locations 'while radio off' or 'during a swarm' right now though. Today I tried to add those specific locations to Caterpie and that took me nearly 20 minutes! Those locations aren't that important I think but they will come in a future version.

I will post more screenshots or a video soon in this thread so stay tuned ;-)

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2010
I'm really happy to hear that Kombo, and it's great that you listen to your audience!
It is kind of sad to hear there won't be swarm and radio information, but that would be icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned, as I'm already pumped for the release of this anyway.

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
Awesome! Haha, I really can't wait. I have a lot of moments when playing Pokémon like: 'I wish I had a Pokédex!.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
It will definitely be available in the UK. We try to make it available to as many people in as many countries possible. We might add localization in the future too.

I can confirm that we will support daytime and location specific levels and rates for Pokémon. I think that'll certainly come in handy :-)
We won't support locations 'while radio off' or 'during a swarm' right now though. Today I tried to add those specific locations to Caterpie and that took me nearly 20 minutes! Those locations aren't that important I think but they will come in a future version.

I will post more screenshots or a video soon in this thread so stay tuned ;-)

What suggestions from this site did you actually use? I'm just curious.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
Some suggested features that will make it in the initial release: location specific levels and rates, abilities, splash screen.
Features that will be implemented in the next update or later: Links to external sites (bulbapedia, smogon, etc), Event calendar, Team builder, Natures and EV stats / IV calculator.

And a lot more features which were inspired by talking with you all :-)

Meanwhile we're still working on completing our database and improving our texts. We've also improved our layout to be more good-looking and usable, screenshots will be posted later today ;-)

.hack

skunkape
Years
You could add brief entries of Zorua and Zorroark of course leaving most fields blank but it's original since no other Dex app's have 'em in there and you could just add the information to the fields via updates as the information is leaked.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
.Hack: I think we will add them as soon as there is more information available :-)

Here's a sneek peak at the improved design which will be fully implemented tomorrow morning :-D
(dummy data in there for testing)
lukodev0504.png

We want to release lukomon Pokédex ASAP. Just a bit more database work!

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
oh my god. That looks soooo freaking good, even better than the first design. I don't have more words... just plain awesome.

One question, that evolution screen is like a pop-up? (just like push-notifications)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back