• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
Years
  • It's in Celadon Hotel. Most people already know of that one. It's one of the most famous glitches in the game.

Fellest Revolution

I am everywhere and nowhere!
    Years
  • Just a hint for the Mew and Missingno glitch:

Mew is harmless to the game, UNLESS, you stuff up the proccess of getting it! Your game could freeze unless you do it properly, trust me!

And with the Missingno: It's a testing progamme that the gamers forgot to remove from the games. It's said to be dangerous if you decide to catch it... so don't ;P I haven't been able to find it as yet, but I shall soon enough ^_^

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
  • Just a hint for the Mew and Missingno glitch:

Mew is harmless to the game, UNLESS, you stuff up the proccess of getting it! Your game could freeze unless you do it properly, trust me!

And with the Missingno: It's a testing progamme that the gamers forgot to remove from the games. It's said to be dangerous if you decide to catch it... so don't ;P I haven't been able to find it as yet, but I shall soon enough ^_^

Missing No. isn't a testing program. It's just a glitch. It's a pokemon that was never created. There are 255 pokemon slots and only 151 pokemon. Missing No. is basically just junk data filling those spots.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2007
    The mew glitch doesn't harm your game in any way. Your game is probably just old.

I've heard that you spell out Celebi in unown letters in your party and go to the Celebi Shrine and Celebi will appear. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't always delet your save file. Sometimes it just makes your game glitchy when it is in your party.

Wait. You found a Mr. Mime in the middle of the water? If that happened to me, I'd just turn my game off right away! How far did you go down? Did you use a cheating device on your blue version at that time?

That's why I always save after I get out of caves :D
    You couldn't move at all? You couldn't move in that spot at all? Not even just swirl around? If you could, then you couldv'e just done that until a pokemon appeared and all your pokemon fainted.
    Did the rocks join together or did your charactor appear on on of the rocks?
    Once I got stuck in seafoam islands in firered version, but then I realized that I had a paresect with dig, so I got out.

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Can u tell me which unknown letters spell Celebi cuz i don't know which ones

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • No, Celebi doesn't appear by catching unowns, you have to get a GS ball from a phone cell. Forget those stupid "tricks".

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • No, Celebi doesn't appear by catching unowns, you have to get a GS ball from a phone cell. Forget those stupid "tricks".

A phone cell? What's a phone cell? This is just what I have heard and you can't get the GS Ball in the US Silver, Gold, and Crystal versions. Have you even tried the Celebi "trick" yet? How do you know that it's fake?

Can u tell me which unknown letters spell Celebi cuz i don't know which ones

c.gif
    201_unknown_unown_e.jpg_thumb.jpg
    UnownL.gif
    201_unknown_unown_e.jpg_thumb.jpg
    201-b.gif
    PFS126.jpg
    (one in front)

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Ivysaur

Years
  • In the japanese version of crystal, you could connect your game to a cell phone to chat, trade and battle wifi-like. Doing something, you could get a GS ball. And the Unown trick sounds plain stupid, but I have all the unowns in my crystal version. I'm going to try it, but it sounds absolutely stupid.
    EDIT: What I'm supposed to do? Wander aimlessly? Because nothing has happened. Do I have to go to somewhere?

Ivysaur

Years
  • Yep. I talked to the shrine, to Kurt, to Prof. Elm... Nothing. Well, this "trick" doesn't seem to work in the Spanish version. If you know another thing, tell me.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • in my gold i managed to end up in safari zone (beta map) in Fuscia. It was done by repeatedly pressing up and a, then saving. When i turned it on again i was ontop of the space were the door would have been if i pressed up, left and right, i went into a route house with no-one there. going up to the double doors i was in the safari zone which was never put in.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2007
    Here's a glitch Flying Kangaskan when you caught an M teach it fly and if u feel like it teach it some other flying moves then give it a rare candy it will evolve to kangaskan

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    Not so much a glitch, or in RBY, but a really minor easter egg that made me laugh (im so easily amused)

The nurse Joy in GSC Fuschia City has green hair... hehehehe

Years
  • I dont know if this is a glitch or not but I've uploaded it to youtube!

1. load up Pokémon Yellow
    2. go to Pewter City
    3. enter the float on air cheat: 10A013D7
    4. now do this "Click Here"

I know it looks like route 4, but the route name does not come up!

nrox653

What should I put here...
    Years
  • I dont know if this is a glitch or not but I've uploaded it to youtube!

1. load up Pokémon Yellow
    2. go to Pewter City
    3. enter the float on air cheat: 10A013D7
    4. now do this "Click Here"

I know it looks like route 4, but the route name does not come up!

Um, obviously it doesn't, since those city/town/route name pop-up boxes weren't implemented until Crystal.

Sorry to say this, but, you wasted your time making that video. :'(

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
  • Here's one:

I once had a Magikarp on my Yellow that had infinite HP (no gameshark). When I put it in Pokémon Stadium, it turned into a Hitmonlee. To this day, I still have a Hitmonlee who only knows Splash! :D I think I must have got some dust or something in the cartridge...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back