• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Revenge/Team Dark Evolution [now recruiting]

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
    • Seen today
    Im sure we don't. Maybe its easy to do from a tutorial. Dont know never looked into it before.

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen today
    sure np. I just quickly found Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking ‎but will look to see if I find a youtube tutorial/s as well.

I was thinking of the intro script when player is in the lab being experimented on. Now I was thinking of doing a battle scene before hand to show him losing to Team Dark then you get captured, get experimented on then finally show up on route 1. So people can understand/ know whats happening. I have the lab experiment scene already finished [in my head XD ] and will script it 2mor and will work on all those 2mor as well [since I'm finally have a day off of work]. But I still wondering how to insert those in the beginning to automatically go to the next scene and a fade in to the player already on route 1 [I'll go ask around later].

Years
  • have you actually found/made any music you want to insert, it would be wise to do that first before actually trying the insertion

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • Yep. It might also be wise to do so on a copy of the ROM you're working on, as opposed to the original. This might not fit with the theme, but it might be cool to try and change some of the town songs, maybe try some of the ones from g/s/c? I personally love the gen 2 music. But, of course, that's just a suggestion.

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen today
    No i didnt do any music yet. Just brain storming.

Sounds good my fav gen is gen 2 as well. So we will use SS/HG since they are better quality. Will try and find them later.

Last edited:

BlueEon

Weavile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Well, first off, I did some looking into music hacking a few days ago, and I found out that only people that are actually familiar with digital music can create their own custom music for Pokemon games.
    However, though, there is a way to Insert music found somewhere by converting it to the right format and using the right tools; It seemed fairly easy to me.

Oh, yeah, and, I doubt that we can insert Hg/Ss Music because DS music is probably too much for GBA to handle.

Oh, yeah, Skf, How're you doing on that part of the hack at the start when we're in Team Dark's lab and all?

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen today
    maybe you could take them directly from the rom?

maybe or I can find a public source of them for gba.

Well, first off, I did some looking into music hacking a few days ago, and I found out that only people that are actually familiar with digital music can create their own custom music for Pokemon games.
    However, though, there is a way to Insert music found somewhere by converting it to the right format and using the right tools; It seemed fairly easy to me.

Oh, yeah, and, I doubt that we can insert Hg/Ss Music because DS music is probably too much for GBA to handle.

Oh, yeah, Skf, How're you doing on that part of the hack at the start when we're in Team Dark's lab and all?

XD there goes the custom music then lol.
    Yeah I saw that to.
    Maybe there are some gen 2 public music sources already for gba I'm going to see.

Im almost finished with the lab part already [since it's just mostly message scripts but finding out how to hide the player sprite until its ready to break out of the lab]. Seeing how to make it so when u are at players house with Team Dark it fades into the lab scene and then fades into route 1. I going to find how to do that before I continue doing those scripts.

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • maybe or I can find a public source of them for gba.

XD there goes the custom music then lol.
    Yeah I saw that to.
    Maybe there are some gen 2 public music sources already for gba I'm going to see.

Im almost finished with the lab part already [since it's just mostly message scripts but finding out how to hide the player sprite until its ready to break out of the lab]. Seeing how to make it so when u are at players house with Team Dark it fades into the lab scene and then fades into route 1. I going to find how to do that before I continue doing those scripts.

Gogo has a rombase with hg/ss music in firered if you are interested. Also tutorial in how to insert music

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen today
    Gogo has a rombase with hg/ss music in firered if you are interested. Also tutorial in how to insert music

Thanks. I will use both. Although ill just extract the music from his rom and. Then we can insert it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    Short Autobiography:I recently learned the basics of using programs like Advanced Map, A-Starter, YAPE and A-Text(This was around 2 months ago so I do have to refresh my memory on how to use some of these programs). I tried to make a ROM hack by myself but got busy and eventually quit.

Past experience: I tried to make a ROM myself but quit. I know how to use programs stated above.

Skills: I can script, map and I can sprite(very basic), but I came here wanting to apply for Beta Testing when the game finishes.

Experience example(s): Apparently I tried posting 2 pictures of a slightly changed Pallet Town and Prof. Oak talking about bacon, but PC won't allow me to post pictures unless I have made 15 posts(I'm new to PC so I have very little posts and never knew about this)

Time Zone: GMT + 8

Availability: *If ever you choose me I just want to work part-time* Mostly Fridays (8-10 PM GMT +8) or on the weekends (schedule changes, but I can adjust)

Contact Information:E-mail or PM me here.
    P.S I'm not sure if I'm calling it the right terms/way i.e 'I can script, map' :X Sorry for my newbness if ever cause I'm new to this.

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen today
    Short Autobiography:I recently learned the basics of using programs like Advanced Map, A-Starter, YAPE and A-Text(This was around 2 months ago so I do have to refresh my memory on how to use some of these programs). I tried to make a ROM hack by myself but got busy and eventually quit.

Past experience: I tried to make a ROM myself but quit. I know how to use programs stated above.

Skills: I can script, map and I can sprite(very basic), but I came here wanting to apply for Beta Testing when the game finishes.

Experience example(s): Apparently I tried posting 2 pictures of a slightly changed Pallet Town and Prof. Oak talking about bacon, but PC won't allow me to post pictures unless I have made 15 posts(I'm new to PC so I have very little posts and never knew about this)

Time Zone: GMT + 8

Availability: *If ever you choose me I just want to work part-time* Mostly Fridays (8-10 PM GMT +8) or on the weekends (schedule changes, but I can adjust)

Contact Information:E-mail or PM me here.
    P.S I'm not sure if I'm calling it the right terms/way i.e 'I can script, map' :X Sorry for my newbness if ever cause I'm new to this.

Sure np. Welcome aboard.

Anyway here is the script I did yesterday. This is the 2nd part, the 1st part of the intro is losing against Team Dark at Player's house and then I would like to have it fade to the lab scene [which will have the player warp to route 1 after that]. But since I'm figuring out how to make the losing battle and having the scripts work right [I even made a thread asking for help on how I would go about doing it] anyway here is the script in its not finished stage

Spoiler:

And we will be using GOGO's HG/SS rombase for the music [thanks man for the rom base]. Which means we will be extracting and re inserting it in our hack.

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
    Years
  • Short Autobiography: I have been hacking for while now... Seeing as i can do many things with romhacking... i decided to take it to a new level
    Past experience: Private romhacks, (I don't want to release them, as i dont think they are ready... but if you want a look i'll give you a look)
    Skills: GB/GBC graphic editing, GB/GBC/GBA Pokemon OW Mapping, some Sappy experience, porting pokemon from future generations, and some other things...
    Experience example(s): Pokemon DerpedRed (Private), Mido Rush (tends to be restarted)
    Time Zone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada)
    Availability: Weekends, Summer Vacation
    Contact Information: "Zilladragon" (Skype) "Musket Marine" (Starcraft II) "Musket Marine (Lost Silver)" (Steam)

Also I want to be either a mapper, or a beta tester

BlueEon

Weavile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Sure np. Welcome aboard.

Anyway here is the script I did yesterday. This is the 2nd part, the 1st part of the intro is losing against Team Dark at Player's house and then I would like to have it fade to the lab scene [which will have the player warp to route 1 after that]. But since I'm figuring out how to make the losing battle and having the scripts work right [I even made a thread asking for help on how I would go about doing it] anyway here is the script in its not finished stage

Spoiler:

And we will be using GOGO's HG/SS rombase for the music [thanks man for the rom base]. Which means we will be extracting and re inserting it in our hack.
    It's great you got that part of the script down.
    Another thing, Is GoGoJJTech going to PM you the gen 2 music or what? Just curious.

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
    • Seen today
    Short Autobiography: I have been hacking for while now... Seeing as i can do many things with romhacking... i decided to take it to a new level
    Past experience: Private romhacks, (I don't want to release them, as i dont think they are ready... but if you want a look i'll give you a look)
    Skills: GB/GBC graphic editing, GB/GBC/GBA Pokemon OW Mapping, some Sappy experience, porting pokemon from future generations, and some other things...
    Experience example(s): Pokemon DerpedRed (Private), Mido Rush (tends to be restarted)
    Time Zone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US and Canada)
    Availability: Weekends, Summer Vacation
    Contact Information: "Zilladragon" (Skype) "Musket Marine" (Starcraft II) "Musket Marine (Lost Silver)" (Steam)

Also I want to be either a mapper, or a beta tester

Sure welcome to the team. I will add u on skype.
    You can be both if u want [since it seems the other person never posted back]. Or which ever 1 u want more.

It's great you got that part of the script down.
    Another thing, Is GoGoJJTech going to PM you the gen 2 music or what? Just curious.
    thanks.

No its at HgSs Music in FireRed and Emerald. We just need to apply the patch to a clean fire red to extract/re insert the music.

Ash Ketchum 11

Dang :/ I really wish I thought of the music remix before hand. I might have been able to do it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    Sure np. Welcome aboard.

Thank you for having me on board :D I'll have to make a new skype account tho if you need me to have one. Let me know if you need me to do anything, I'll try my best to do it once I am available, but as much as possible I just want to beta test the game thank you~

Back