• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theorymonning: How do you think GO! will implement Leafeon and Glaceon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's discuss! How do you think the games will implement those evolutions? Will you have to PHYSICALLY go to a similar climate? Or an evolution item? A certain amount of candy? What are your thoughts?

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    this is something that has the potential to be implemented really really interestingly much like magnezone and probopass (special magnetic field) but knowing niantic, they realise that would take effort / cause problems so they'll just make it candy imo. would be nice if i'm wrong tho

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I can see it be a candy amount or maybe an item. I mean people would be so upset if we had to go somewhere just to evolve a Pokemon. That and we didn't need any items for the other Eeveelutions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The candy thing though... like what would be a decent amount for them? 50 candies, 100? That's kinda hard to determine since we have to work SO HARD for Espeon and Umbreon though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I'd say the classic names for the first time evolving them, and after that I'd go for weather realted; Glaceon when it's really cold, and Leafeon when it's sunny.
    In the other hand, as seen in this pokeco news post, the sinnoh stone will likely be used to evolve both nosepass and magneton to their final evo.

Those are my guesses :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm lowkey hoping its not weather based but thats because I live in Florida so while Leafeon will be easy Glaceon would never happen hahah. But it's my guess. Either that or implementing an icyrock and a moss rock for evolution.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • We know of a Sinnoh Stone item now, but will it apply to these guys? And if so, can we (hopefully!) choose which evolution it becomes?

I also hope it won't be weather based. It doesn't snow everywhere in the world, Niantic. Lucky the game once thought it was foggy (it wasn't) to get the ice form of Castform...

Back