• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Bonus Puzzle #4] Who's That Pokémon? - Rise of the Riddles II - FINISHED

How difficult was this puzzle for you?

• Too easy

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Somewhat easy

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • About average

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Somewhat hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Way too hard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

• UPDATE: Hi everyone, this bonus round is officially over! Please click here to access the Main Thread of "Who's That Pokémon" for further updates!​

bCSP0Yo.png

Bonus Puzzle #4 - Rise of the Riddles II

It's time to put your Pokémon knowledge to the test with our fourth bonus round of PokéTrivia's "Who's That Pokémon" contest! For this particular puzzle, I have put together a riddle about a certain "mystery" Pokémon, and it is up to you to try and identify which Pokémon the riddle is describing. Once you think you have an answer, send it to me in a PM and you could be our next prize winner!

Directions

• Guess which Pokémon the clue is describing!
    • The clue is a riddle about the "mystery" Pokémon, which will be presented in first-person perspective (from the Pokémon's point of view).
    • Send Revise Librarian a PM (private message) with your answer once you've figured it out - you may answer as many times as you want per week, but only your final answer will count!
    • Do not post answers in this thread - you don't want other people to use your answers, do you?
    • Feel free to chat about the puzzles and how easy/hard you find them; that's the fun of this game after all!
    • Submit your answers by next Friday (October 7) before 10:00 p.m. EDT if you want them to count!

Rewards!

A winner is a winner, and a winner is you - assuming you've won! Here's what you can expect to win from accumulating points by guessing puzzles correctly. (Hover over the emblems for descriptions!)

QKulBpp.png
    8DFzXs4.png
    1BtUXTi.png
    go4YJGS.png
    HjtIofD.png

Point Value: This puzzle will be worth two points on the rankings.

Clue - Rise of the Riddles II

Mega Pokémon will NOT be included as possible answers in this round!

Let's have a word with our "mystery" Pokémon...

"My face is shrouded in obscurity, with the exception of my eyes. As a result, my true identity remains a mystery, but some people in the past have compared my appearance to that of a mythological gorgon. I have a fondness for sunny weather, as it usually makes me feel healthy and nimble! Some of my body parts may come off quite easily, but I don't feel any pain when that happens. I never imagined that my species had the potential to evolve... that is, until we discovered the existence of a new move."​

Who am I?

Good luck, everyone! Feel free to discuss the puzzle in either this thread or the Main Thread! I added a poll to this thread to get an idea of its general difficulty level, so I would appreciate it if you gave your opinion! (All votes are anonymous, so there's no need to be shy!) ^^

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • So Revise finally put up a Bonus Puzzle :P. Thankfully not a difficult one {:3}.

I can see a couple of Emblems coming my way ^^.

Guys, be ready to welcome a new Member into the Master Rank ^^.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
  • I love riddles! This is an interesting puzzle! Hope to see this every week, Revise ;)
    Anyway, PMing you now :D

Meadow

Years
  • Way too easy.. Nice job though.

Haha, I think you're right about the easiness! I got a bit too carried away with one of those clues. xP Thanks for sharing your input!

I love riddles! This is an interesting puzzle! Hope to see this every week, Revise ;)
    Anyway, PMing you now :D

Yay, glad to see you're interested! =) Admittedly, I haven't made nearly as many of these bonus puzzles as I had originally hoped, eheh. But now, I'm pretty sure I have a backup plan to give these some extra exposure without frequently having to use the Bulletin Board, so you'll probably be seeing more before long! ^-^

Meadow

Years
  • Hi guys! I've also mentioned this on the Weekly Puzzle thread, but I figured it was important enough to post here as well! Simply put, there's a huge storm coming my way around tomorrow or Friday, so there's a strong probability that I won't be able to post the answer on time if there's a power outage (or something worse)!

If you would like to submit any answers after the deadline, feel free to do so, as long as the answer hasn't been posted in this thread yet! Best of luck to you all! ^-^

Meadow

Years
  • Alright everyone, are you ready for the moment of truth? This round is officially over, so it's time to reveal the answer...

Z3A15VL.png

Tangela!
    (Important notice! For those of you who chose Tangrowth as your guess, I counted your answer as correct, because I can understand your rationale for picking it!)

• Tangela's face is almost completely obscured by its vines, but its eyes can still be seen!

• According to its PokéDex entries in Black 2, White 2, and X Versions, Tangela's "true identity" remains unknown.

• In the early beta version of Pokémon Red and Blue, Tangela was originally planned to be named "Meduza," based on a widely known Greek gorgon.

• Tangela can have the abilities Chlorophyll and Leaf Guard, which (in Sunny weather) can raise Speed or prevent status problems, respectively.

• In the Hoenn games, Tangela's PokéDex entry states that its vines can snap off easily if they are grabbed, which happens without pain!

• Tangela was not able to evolve until Generation IV, where it was discovered that it can evolve into Tangrowth by leveling up with the move Ancient Power!

Congratulations to everyone who guessed it correctly! Now let's give a round of applause to the following participants...

This round's winners:
    The Oranguru Way
    5qwerty
    Eclipse
    CUTIEFLY!!!
    Blue
    Lost Heart
    Hikamaru
    HyperMorian
    Ewery1
    WriterRaven
    Nakuzami
    LegendChu
    Percy
    Juno
    Mewtwolover
    HamtaroTumin
    Lycanroc
    Gray-_-Hatred
    Caite-chan
    LennieFrost
    ElBurrito
    PureAxis
    AliMax10
    DyingWillFlareon
    Abby
    8_BIT_SUPERSAIYAN
    LilyGardy
    Spoonette
    Trainer_Doge

(Please let me know if I accidentally missed your name on the list of winners! If so, I'll be sure to double-check my inbox and get everything sorted for you!)

And with this, our fourth bonus round has finally come to an end! I'm sooooooooooo sorry that it took me so long to post the answer — I never would have guessed that a hurricane would keep me away like that! Ahahaha. But anyway, it seems like this riddle was pretty easy! I think I might have given it away with the last clue, as I didn't notice at the time that there were only eight Pokémon who have the same evolution method as Tangela! But hey, everyone is different, so maybe it was a different clue that gave it away! If you'd like to share which clue(s) give it away for you, feel free to post here doing so! :p

If you are still interested in earning points for "Who's That Pokémon," come check out our Weekly Puzzles! (They're not as hard as they look! ...I think. xD) As of right now, I'm going to be on a leave of absence until November 12, so Lycanthropy will be hosting in my place until then! If you wanna give it a shot, here's a link to Weekly Puzzle #75 so you can knock yourselves out!

I'll get around to sorting the scores and emblems as soon as I can, but it might take longer than usual due to the sheer number of answers, so hang in there, alright? In the meantime, be sure to keep track of the Main Thread (linked here), because that's where you can find any important updates regarding WTP! See ya later, everyone! ^.^

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • One of the sole reason why riddles are easier than looking through sets of their artworks. :v

Anyway, welcome back, Revise. You got me and most of us worried enough that we would also like to blame you for that, lol.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Wow, that's 29 Winners (including urs truly). Man, u should have more of these Bonus Puzzles, seriously.

Hopefully u get things sorted out soon & are active again, very soon ("active" according to ur terminology that is, lol {XD}).

Pika Pika :chu:

Back