• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old Chateau

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    The Old Chateau is an abandoned manor house near the exit of Eterna Forest. The manor is known to be haunted, scaring many citizens of Eterna City, especially Gardenia, who sometimes appears before it cowering in fear at the urban legends related to it. A few ghosts do inhabit this abandoned manor:
    • The little girl appears when the player enters the fourth room from the west, which is next to the bedroom where she randomly "appears". When this happens, she looks to the left, where the player is, then moves towards the exit, never being seen on the other side. This can only occur when the player enters this particular room because the game loads a different map depending on the room entered, and the little girl is only programmed to appear in the map of the fourth room.
    • The butler appears to be sitting at the other side of the table in the dining room. The player walks forward and he starts moving to the left—leaving the game window—as if going to the kitchen area, but never appearing there.

What did you think about the Old Chateau? Scary? Did you explore?

Years
  • The Old Chateau is an abandoned manor house near the exit of Eterna Forest. The manor is known to be haunted, scaring many citizens of Eterna City, especially Gardenia, who sometimes appears before it cowering in fear at the urban legends related to it. A few ghosts do inhabit this abandoned manor:
    • The little girl appears when the player enters the fourth room from the west, which is next to the bedroom where she randomly "appears". When this happens, she looks to the left, where the player is, then moves towards the exit, never being seen on the other side. This can only occur when the player enters this particular room because the game loads a different map depending on the room entered, and the little girl is only programmed to appear in the map of the fourth room.
    • The butler appears to be sitting at the other side of the table in the dining room. The player walks forward and he starts moving to the left—leaving the game window—as if going to the kitchen area, but never appearing there.

What did you think about the Old Chateau? Scary? Did you explore?

I did explore it, it had a very creepy vibe. But i want more out of these scary locations in these Pokemon games (stories). I liked that in Black 2, you can get Cresselia doing the proper things.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I agree with that! I did like the Chateau but I wish it had a storyline within it that you could discover as you interacted with things.

Years
  • I loved the Old Chateau, mainly because I am a fan of creepy things generally. The music was amazing and the undoubtedly the scariest in the series; it makes Lavender Town sound like a lullaby. I also loved that they used the same music for Turnback Cave.

I agree with the other posts; I do wish it had more of a storyline to it. I know there are a lot of urban legends about the Antidote in the trash can and whatnot.

Years
  • I thought it was well done. I wanted them to expand upon it more and include more unique items, or trainers that were actually ghosts themselves, using 'Ghost' Pokémon. Like, their Pikachu died along with them, so it'd be Ghost/Electric and likewise for any other Pokémon they may have owned. Scary.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • I kinda liked the place and would like to see it expanded on in the remakes. Nintendo most likely knows about the urban legend of the Antidote in the trash can, so maybe have a little more info about what could've happened?

Back