• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pearl, Diamond or Platinum?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    Hey guys, I take pride in having played through every Pokemon generation, but for some reason, gen 4 is very hazy to me (so is gen 5 but I haven't actually finished it yet lol)

So I want to go back and play, my question is is Platinum the perfect mesh of the two? Is there something better about playing one of the main installments? Thanks in advance everyone

Years
  • To be honest I played Diamond to its death, literally my card died. After that I played Platinum once and noticed significant improvements compared to the D/P series. Just because of nostalgia I'd go for Diamond, but Platinum is definitely higher up there in terms of being more polished and more content.

Years
  • In my opinion, Platinum is superior to Diamond and Pearl, it takes what was so good about the originals and makes it even better whilst fixing all the faults they had. Mechanically, Platinum is so much better, as Angie mentioned it fixed the awful surfing but also sorted out the horrendously slow battle engine. I felt like Sinnoh is more complete in Platinum as well, and the Distortion World was pretty cool too.

Years
  • I played through Pokemon pearl first I spent about 300+ hours with it
    And after Pokemon
    platinum came out i bought it instantly and played it for about 3 month before restarting my save And after that i played through it 3 more times So i gotta say i loved Pokemon platinum
    more than Pokemon pearl A lot of more cool stuff were added Older areas were built bigger and better And the battle cafe was added which was my favorite building in the whole 4th gen

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Platinum is most definitely the best of the trinity. Platinum fixed many issues that were existent in D/P. In terms of story, Platinum also digs deeper into the creation trio backstory. If you're looking to play a game, I'd go with Platinum. Overall, third titles in a series are better then their predecessors.

Years
  • Diamond has my fave version mascot of the three, but for reasons the others have already stated, Platinum is superior to Diamond and Pearl in literally every way possible.

Back