• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC 30 Day Song Challenge - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Goofed up there Thursday night, somehow - probably just due to being tired - I misinterpreted "GMT+1"... Oh well...

Day 04: A song that makes you sad

The German National Anthem by Josef Haydn and Hoffmann von Fallersleben

I'm like Jong Tae-Se, national anthems mean tears in my eyes. I'm not sure why. This one is especially bad, not due to me being a patriot - I am not, unless it's world cup time maybe - it just sounds so SAD, at least to me.

Years
  • Day 04 - A Song That Makes You Sad:
    "International Harvester" by Craig Morgan. When I listen to it I think about how boring this man's life must be.

Years
  • Day 04 - A Song That Makes You Sad:
    Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow / What A Wonderful World

This song was played at graduation and that wasn't a happy time for me. The man had such a beautiful voice and the fact that he died young makes this song really bittersweet. This song breaks down those emotional walls I keep around me. It makes me teary when I hear it.

:'(

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Day 04 - A song that makes you sad.

Gary Moore - Nothing's the Same.

Why does this song make me sad?

Yet again it's another Gary Moore song. This is a really beautiful song. Telling a sad story. Gary Moore's singing is very soft yet powerful and has a nice guitar solo and towards the end of the song. What I really like more about this song now is that I can really relate to some of the lyrics now to Gary. Nothing's the same without you Gary.

Years
  • A few minutes early, but I'm tired and want to sleep and am not sure if I'll have the time tomorrow, so...

Day 04: A song that reminds you of someone

The Saw is the Law by Sodom

Reminds me of that guy who occassionally wears a Sodom T-Shirt with the title of the above song on it. Couldn't think of anything personal here, so why not pick that?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 05: A song that reminds you of someone

'I'm Shipping Up to Boston' by Dropkick Murphys: I hate this song, mainly because it's been overplayed to death by the person it reminds me of: my brother. When The Departed came out, he wouldn't stop playing this song as loud as possible at all hours of the day... so much so that whenever I hear the song in a non-familial context, I can't help but think of him. Damn you, Peter!

Rainy Day

Perfect Weather
    Years
  • I have no clue where we are at this point. I think day 4.

• Day 4 - Sad Song
    • Mad World
    • Gary Jules
    • It's so depressing and the piano sounds so sad. The lyrics are also very sad... I see not a speck of hope in this song.
    • Spoiler:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Day 01 till 04:
    Spoiler:

Day 05: A song that reminds you of someone.
    La Cerveza by Elvis Crespo
    This song reminds me of my dad, he loves this kind of music, and he loves beer too.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Day 01: Your favorite song
    Thought I'd start this. My life primarily revolves around music, so naturally I listen to a large amount. My tastes are primarily in the classic rock category, from the late 50's on into the 80's, with late 60's acid (psychedelic) rock being my favorite genre over all. However, this particular song is the closest I can come to a favorite, as I have many. Ever since I was born, Bruce Springsteen and the Beatles were the two bands that I listened to the most, spinning them nonstop in my dad's CD player. Springsteen's music inspired me to pick up the guitar a few years ago as well. So, I selected one of his best works (in my opinion), Thunder Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMB3M43AEpc

Years
  • Day 05: A Song That Reminds You Of Someone
    "Lonely Day" by System of a Down reminds me of my old friend Matt because he is a boring zombie of a person that hangs out in his basement all day. Mkay.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Day 05 - A Song That Reminds You Of Someone

"Dewford Town" by Go Ichinose, Morikazu Aold, and/or Junichi Masuda
    - I'm not one to talk much to others, being a bit introverted...so when a certain springtime high school event came around, I used this wonderful composition as background music for the proposal to a girl I liked (not to mention incorporating my actual Game Boy Advance SP and Pokemon Emerald Version in the proposal ;)). Regardless of the outcome that transpired (I kind of expected it anyway, due to a certain factor), it brings back many cherished and wonderful memories, and the sense of tranquility that it evokes is just amazing...

This orchestrated version is the actual song I used, though: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/253041

04/16/2011

Last edited:

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Day 02 - Your least favorite song
    Let's put it this way: I dislike most modern music. Especially rap. As with the previous day, I can't pick a song that I hate the most. Although, this one's... "special".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWgmWwNoQQ

I hear the clean version at my school all the time... Seriously, the kids at my school have absolutely no taste in music...

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone

Ai Ai Gasa - Tegomass

As describe in the music, we shared an umbrella under the rainy sky, but he left when the sun came out & when he arrived at his home T^T

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Day 06: A song that reminds you of somewhere

'New York' by Paloma Faith: Kind of obvious where it reminds me of. Don't really care for the song either, but every time it comes on the radio, I can't help but be transported back to what was probably my favourite holiday ever: to the Big Apple itself. Sigh...

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
    Just Like A Wavin' Flag - K'naan
    I love this song. It's got a hopeful message, which seems hard to come across nowadays.

Day 04 - A song that makes you sad + Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
    Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
    The song reminds me of my grandfather & aunt. My grandfather died seven years ago in April & my aunt died from cancer last September. I can't listen to this song without getting teary, so I don't listen to it often. Beautiful song.

Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
    ----------
    I don't really have a song that reminds me of a place.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'll do them all the way to today, why not?

Day 01 - Your favourite song - Collect Call - Metric
    I had to do a lot of thinking for this one. The lyrics of the chorus are definitely among one of my favourites. I can't explain why I love this song so much, but I do.
    Spoiler:

Day 02 - Your least favourite song - Grenade - Bruno Mars / Best I Ever Had - Drake
    Hearing both of them on the radio yesterday made me realize how much I can't stand either song. I dislike them equally. Both are irritating and overplayed, and I reeeeeally, really don't like Drake. I just imagine him during his Degrassi days and I can't take him seriously as a "musician", haha. And since I dislike both songs, I really don't want to search them up on YouTube so if you *really* want to listen to them you're gonna have to do it yourself. >:

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy - Guilty Pleasure - Cobra Starship
    I always feel like dancing whenever I listen to it, no matter how down I'm feeling at the moment.
    Spoiler:

Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
    You know, I'm racking my brain right now and I can't think of one. I don't listen to a whole lot of sad songs so this is very difficult.

Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone - Fly On The Wall - t.A.T.u.
    It reminds me of two of my best friends and all the jokes that surround that one song, because it's basically about stalking an ex-lover hardcore. I guess it makes me happy as well because of that, but it definitely reminds me of my friends as well. :'D
    Spoiler:

Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere - Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
    It reminds me of my old high school because it would play over the announcements nearly every day. I hate it so much now haha (but it's not my least favourite song!).
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I fell behiiiind. I'm loving reading everyone's replies though. xD Especially the nostalgia sort of ones because a lot of the songs are ones I recognize and like too.

Day 03 - A song that makes you happy
    Let's go with a funny song. I'll say New Math by Bo Burnham. It's a pretty dirty song so careful if you watch the vid but it's just a bunch of math puns in catchy song form and I think they're really witty. The lyrics never fail to make me smile and I always feel that warm, nerdy glow inside when I hear it because I understand all of it. :) My favourite line is the unnatural log one, haha.
    Spoiler:

Day 04 - A song that makes you sad
    OMG embarrassing time now. A song that pretty much makes me cry every time I hear it is When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne. I think it's because I usually end up listening to it via Youtube so I end up seeing the video and it just tugs at my heartstrings. It's a pretty song, too. :< Honourable mention goes to Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls and the ending theme to Final Fantasy X by Nobuo Uematsu. @_@
    Spoiler:

Day 05 - A song that reminds you of someone
    Hmm. This is kind of a tough one. I... I'm gonna go with Les Poissons from the Little Mermaid. I imagine everyone expects me to say it reminds me of a friend I had in childhood but nah, it reminds me of my best friend right now because we used to listen to it while studying Calculus. xD; We'd never really paid attention to the lyrics until I had a bunch of Disney soundtracks playing from my laptop. We heard this one and realized how morbid it was for a kid's movie and, well, we just find it hilarious. So now whenever I listen to it I think of him. :P I think the best part of all this is if he knew this song reminds me of him, he'd probably be flattered.
    Spoiler:

Day 06 - A song that reminds you of somewhere
    Again, I'm not totally sure for this. I think I'm gonna go with a really lame example again. I'm gonna say the Fly Away [Tales of Remix] by BACK-ON. I listened to it on repeat for... probably like two weeks. I mainly listened to it on my iPod when I'd make the long walk to and from school from my out-of-the-way dorm. So I hear the song and can pretty much visualize perfectly the whole walk to and from. I'm not sure if this is a nice memory or not because that wasn't exactly a great term for me or anything but... it's really the only song I can think of that fits the description. xD It's a really bouncy/energetic song so it was great for walking.
    Spoiler:

01, 02

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Day 06 - A Song That Reminds You Of Somewhere

"I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne
    "Ever The Same" by Rob Thomas
    "Power Rangers In Space, Main Theme" by Ron Wasserman/The Mighty RAW

"A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton
    I'm sorry - I couldn't decide for this day, either, and now I have a FOUR-way tie, which almost managed to become FIVE-way. T_T

"I'm With You" reminds me of a tranquil yet mysterious forest with a hint of wintry weather, full of intrigue, where a little girl is lost and is searching for someone to guide her to safety. A very nice song, with great mystique evocative of nature.

"Ever The Same" reminds me of a road at sunset, adorned with trees lined up at the side, similar to the Pokemon Ruby Version intro cutscene with Latios. A single car is driving on that road with no other traffic in sight, peacefully reflecting on memories and the events of the day. The calmness that this song evokes is just astounding.

I hope that it's evident what "PRiS, Main Theme" reminds me of - traveling through space! A fleet of a powerful fighting force sent out to voyage through the dark, vast expanse of outer space, on an important space voyage to engage in combat with foreign forces from other worlds that threaten universal, intergalactic peace. Simply EPIC. Awesome guitars, too!

"A Thousand Miles" reminds me of highway traffic in the evening, the night sky brimming with lights emanating from the rushing cars below. A single car may come into focus at times. This visual is interspersed with an individual traveling at nighttime, in search of someone they hold dear from the past. A gentle breeze typically blows... I also love the stirring violins of this track and serene piano melodies.

04/17/2011

Day 07 - A Song That Reminds You Of An Event

"The Battle" by Harry Gregson-Williams
    - This selection was a bit easier, hailing from the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. The relation is easier to see, but it is still a wonderful composition nonetheless with an excellent degree of quality. Narnia springs to life, with clashing swords and shields resounding throughout the land, foreshadowing the eventual fall of the White Witch and the perishing of her seemingly eons-long wintry reign. The outstanding instruments of this song seem to always well up a powerful emotion within me, and it's almost like I'm vividly experiencing the First Battle of Beruna myself. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back