• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

elite battle system errors need some help please

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    anytime I enter in a battle and try to use Celesteela it says ERROR theres no back-sprite for this pokemon
    and I cant seem to mega evolve ever since I set up the elite battle system. Other then that everything else appears to work except those two issues I am having

I have all the pokemon defined in the pokemon.txt as well as the mega evolution being all set up and I have all the sprites for front, back, shiny front, and shiny back so I'm not sure why I'm getting that error message

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 32

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • Make sure you have the backsprite of Casteela in the Battlers/Back Folder, since EBS uses a different sorting-system.

For you mega Pok?mon problem: Do you have the mega-ring as item in your bag? Make also sure, that your pok?mon is holding a mega stone and has a valid mega evolution.

Also, which version of Essentials and EBS are you using?

My post may sound stupid, but things like "is being all set up" do say nothing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    I have him in the backsprite folder which is why I dont understand its not working

and yes I have the mega ring and yes I have the pokemon holding the mega stone.

I am using v16 of essentials

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • for back sprite, You must name back sprite image according to Pokedex Number
    Example: Rowlet Pokedex number is 733.So you must name it 733, not 733_b

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    If you're using the Elite Battle System (which you are), you will have four folders of importance in your Graphics/Battlers folder: Front, Back, FrontShiny, and BackShiny. Images in these folders must only contain numbers and underscores if it's an alternate form. Here are a few examples:
    A back sprite for Bulbasaur: 001 in Graphics/Battlers/Back
    A shiny back sprite for Minior form 2: 774_2 in Graphics/Battlers/BackShiny

If you are not using EBS (This doesn't apply to you), it will all be in one folder. You use 'b', 's' or 'sb' after the number and before a potential alternate form. Here are a few examples:
    A back sprite for Bulbasaur: 001b in Graphics/Battlers
    A shiny back sprite for Minior form 2: 774sb_2 in Graphics/Battlers
    Note that front sprites in the default battle system do not require a character or underscore. 001 would be Bulbasaur's front sprite.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    thank you for your help I didnt notice that the back sprites had a b attached to it

now my only remaining issue is mega evolution. I have the mega stone and ring defined and when I go into a battle the Z icon does appear but when I click it the pokemons sprite does not change and I do have their sprites and its only in number format

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • When you press the button, the Pok?mon will not evolve immediately. You have to choose a move after that and than it will evolve. If the sprite still doesn't show up, make sure that the file has a "_1" attached to its name.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    thank you for your help

I got the mega evolution to work but now the issue is that even after the battle has ended the pokemon still stays in its mega evolved state

how do I have it revert back to its original form after the battle has ended?

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    is there a video that shows me how to do this? I'm new to this and dont know exactly how to set it up right

Back