• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi!

Years
Hello everyone, I'm pory. I've been a big fan of Pokemon for most of my life. I've had this account for a while, but I've never posted anything, so I might as well start now and introduce myself!

The first game I played was Fire Red a few years after it came out, and since then I've played at least one game from every generation. My favourite is gen six; I completed the National Dex (or at least enough to get the shiny charm) as well as having done a lot of shiny hunting and wondertrading on both my Y and Alpha Sapphire games. Gen four and the Mystery Dungeon spinoffs also hold special places in my heart.

My two favourite Pokemon are Porygon-Z and Amoonguss because they've both been really useful members on some of my past teams (Heartgold and Black, respectively).

I don't have much experience with forums like this, and I'm usually nervous whenever I post anything, but I'll try my best and I'm glad to be here! : )

Years
Woop! Your post got caught in the filter for some reason. Approved =) Welcome to PC pory!

FRLG were real good. I miss the VS Seeker... I'd spend hours on end just training my pokémon on the islands. And of course the Kalos games were wonderful too, being immersed in 3D for the first time was such an irreplaceable experience!

dw about posting either. We're friendly. <3 See you around.

Years
Thanks! It's not that I doubted this was a friendly community, I just kinda have a tendency to worry about messing up.

The Vs. Seeker was a really good addition FR/LG brought. I don't think I've ever actually seen a Gameboy Link Cable before so it was nice that you could at least battle in-game trainers once you've exhausted everything else in the game.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Welcome Pory, I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself to the community! Don't worry, we're a friendly bunch of people who are willing to help you ^^ Porygon-Z is such a nice Pokemon! I was pretty shocked they gave Porygon2 and evolution back in Gen 4, it was one I really wasn't expecting. If you have any questions at all on how to get around the forums, or how PC works, my inbox is always open, so don't hesitate! I hope you enjoy what PC has to offer :D

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Hi Pory! Your name and avatar are adorable. Don't be nervous, we're all pals here! Psst, forum games and pokemon trivia are good places to get used to posting :P

Years
Thank you both for the welcomes! : )

Porygon-Z is such a nice Pokemon! I was pretty shocked they gave Porygon2 and evolution back in Gen 4, it was one I really wasn't expecting.
Porygon was a previous favourite of mine before gen 4 came out, but it and it's evolution always kinda felt a bit gimmicky. Porygon-Z quickly became a personal favourite because it had the same idea as Porygon but it was also one of the strongest non-legendary special-attackers in the game. Even today I think it's still in the top 10 of that category if you also add 'non-mega'.

Psst, forum games and pokemon trivia are good places to get used to posting
I'll be sure to check out those places!

Reactions: noa
Years
I'm happy to see you introduce yourself Pory, welcome to the PokeCommunity! Don't worry about being nervous, we're a really friendly community, many of us are easy to talk to! Ooh, Porygon Z is a pretty cool Pokemon, it's high special attack always helped out when I used it in Platinum. Amoongus is also quite nice, but it does kind of trolls you in BW/BW2 haha. Feel free to shoot me a message if you ever feel like chatting or have any questions, have fun! :D

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Hi Pory! Welcome to Pokécommunity, I'm a fellow Shiny Hunter! What are your favourite Shinies that you caught? Did you ever get a Shiny in Wonder Trades? :)

Years
I've caught some good shinies like Litwick before, but usually I prefer to breed my shinies.

Some of my favourites that I've bred are Larvesta, Buneary , and Ralts. A funny story on that last one is that I was looking for Ralts to get a Gallade, but my first shiny Ralts was female, so I had to get a second shiny one!

Having a lot of breeding rejects, usually I'd usually Wondertrade them away (if you've ever gotten a Larvesta there's probably like a 90% chance it was from me), and I've gotten quite a few shinies off it. I've found there's two different kinds of shinies you get from Wondertrade: the first were more common, hacked and used to promote the sender's Twitch/Youtube account, and the second one were more rare, legitimate shinies presumably sent by kind-hearted people.

I tend to ignore the former, but some really good members of my post-game team came from the latter. I once got a Pumpkaboo with Frisk, so I taught it Theif and I used it to get a lot of Lucky Eggs in AS. But probably my favourite Wondertrade has to be a level 30 Electivire. I quickly raised it to level 100 and it's really useful if I need to win a battle against pretty much anything in-game.

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I've caught some good shinies like Litwick before, but usually I prefer to breed my shinies.

Some of my favourites that I've bred are Larvesta, Buneary , and Ralts. A funny story on that last one is that I was looking for Ralts to get a Gallade, but my first shiny Ralts was female, so I had to get a second shiny one!

Having a lot of breeding rejects, usually I'd usually Wondertrade them away (if you've ever gotten a Larvesta there's probably like a 90% chance it was from me), and I've gotten quite a few shinies off it. I've found there's two different kinds of shinies you get from Wondertrade: the first were more common, hacked and used to promote the sender's Twitch/Youtube account, and the second one were more rare, legitimate shinies presumably sent by kind-hearted people.

I tend to ignore the former, but some really good members of my post-game team came from the latter. I once got a Pumpkaboo with Frisk, so I taught it Theif and I used it to get a lot of Lucky Eggs in AS. But probably my favourite Wondertrade has to be a level 30 Electivire. I quickly raised it to level 100 and it's really useful if I need to win a battle against pretty much anything in-game.

Seems like you own quite a huge collection of Shinies! I once tried so hard to breed for a Shiny Pumpkaboo (my favourite Shiny), and I got annoyed and switched to a Gligar because one of my friends wanted one, and first Egg that hatched was Shiny Gligar...;^;
I release hacked Shinies from Social Media accounts, but I send a lot of legit Shinies in Wonder Trade, maybe you got one from me once! :D

Back