• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Years
  • PH
  • Seen Sep 10, 2016
Thanks for the compliments and don't use A-Trainer use HTE or UTE there far better

Going to try UTE, Btw any update on when will we have a habitat update? i would love that feature here. (Sorry newbie here)

Thanks for that swift repy! Your Cool!

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Going to try UTE, Btw any update on when will we have a habitat update? i would love that feature here. (Sorry newbie here)

Thanks for that swift repy! Your Cool!

The habitat update will happen the sooner I figure out how to expand the pages and finish

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
Years
Could you please post an installation guide starting from getting the correct rom up until loading the rom in PGE or G3HS? I'm super confused and pulling my hair out trying to install this patch that'll save me months of time.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Since many people are wondering how to get this patch to work I will now post a installation guide for you guys to make it easier on all you

Regarding Patching the Base

1. Install the patch and NUPS Patcher
2. Open NUPS Patcher
3. When opened click apply an UPS patch to a file
4. In the file to patch area choose a 1.0 fire red rom and in the UPS Patch choose the downloaded patch
and after that choose the ignore option and then click patch it should work

Now regarding PGE

1. In the patch you download there will be an INI that's not named pokeroms.ini whatever name the INI is that's he PGE INI
2. Put that INI file in the same directory as your rom and make sure to rename it exactly as what your Rom is called
3. After that open up PGE and test it should work

Regarding G3HS

1. Open up your rom in a Hex editor preferably HxD
2. Go to the search tab and then the last option which is Goto and search this FFFFFE
3. After you find that put in there 00 01
4. Put the pokeroms.ini from the rar file and put it in G3HS and open it up and it should work

Note : with this program you may get some errors that's fine because if you do just click the play button as that will take you to a recovery option and when it does just type in these values

Pokemon : 1020
Types : 24
Items : keep it the same number (unless you changed it yourself)
Abilites :156
Moves : 511

And that's all hope this helps you I will link this to the op for anyone who needs it

BadEgg~

Years
Spoiler:

Thanks for the help! How do you get A-map 1.92 to work with this patch?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Open A-Map in HxD and go to the offset D027C and put 870 there and that's it

BadEgg~

Years
Open A-Map in HxD and go to the offset D027C and put 870 there and that's it

I've edited the offset but when I open my ROM in A-Map I get a bunch of errors saying that a lot of values at offsets aren't pointers and that it tried to read at pos 0 (AdvanceMapErrors 1 & 5). Could you just send me your copy of A-Map so that I don't have to spend any more time fiddling with this?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
thanks to spherical ice i was given permission to rip the habitats from his pokemon Gaia and i greatly appreciate this although the only habitat that i cant find is the rare habitat and how long that is otherwise habitats would be complete

Sensual

This should be good.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Any chance you could create some kind of documentation? Just something that notes all the byte changes, etc. that are in this patch? This is a really awesome resource, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable knowing where some of those features were written in free space.

Thanks for your work.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I would if I could but I don't remember where I put every single thing and I'm too lazy to do it as well so sorry about that

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I have a message for all of you at the Pokecommunity I will not be online for the next month as I am traveling overseas for vacation which means that I won't be able to help you guys or answer your questions during the time I am gone I hope you guys understand and I'll be back in a month but you guys can still VM me the problems you're having or any suggestions to make the base better and with that see you guys later

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
Does anyone else have issues patching this base? I'm using a version 1.0 ROM and every time I patch it the game freezes the moment I step outside of the house.

Years
hey so idk if this has been answered before or anything, but the patch wont apply for me, and if i force apply it then open it in g3hs, and try to go to any pokemon from Ivysaur to Clefairy, an error pops up saying

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 16767, in <lambda>
File "<string>", line 675, in on_change_poke
File "<string>", line 771, in reload_tab_data
File "<string>", line in load_everything
File "<string>", line load_evos_into_list
IndexError: list index out of range"

i havent made any other modifications to the rom, is there a way to fix this

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
hey so idk if this has been answered before or anything, but the patch wont apply for me, and if i force apply it then open it in g3hs, and try to go to any pokemon from Ivysaur to Clefairy, an error pops up saying

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Secret-Tool\build\mainWIN\out00-PYZ.pyz\wx._core", line 16767, in <lambda>
File "<string>", line 675, in on_change_poke
File "<string>", line 771, in reload_tab_data
File "<string>", line in load_everything
File "<string>", line load_evos_into_list
IndexError: list index out of range"

i havent made any other modifications to the rom, is there a way to fix this
Back up your ROM first and then replace the PokeRoms ini in the G3HS folder with the one you get with this patch. Then open your ROM in a hex editor and replace the bytes at xfffffe with 00 00.

Let us know if that helps.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
Since it appears that I am not the only one with the following problem-
Now I've re-downloaded A-Map 1.92 but it says that the offset D027C doesn't exist.
I have downloaded this patch and using PGE it seems to have worked perfectly! But I am having issues editing A-Map 1.92's hex to be able to add the Pokemon into the game. Either a download link to an A-Map that has been properly modified or a solution to this problem would be appreciated as this patch looks simply fantastic.

Last edited:

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
One of the features I'd like to see is expanded storage boxes for Pokemon. Right now there is room for 420 max. Would be cool if we could hold one of each in the boxes.
Alright I will answer this. To do this, you need to use Joan save block hack, which I posted earlier with jambo51 code. However, the save block hack adds about 4kb of memory. Pokemon data takes 80 bytes in the box. In short, not worth it. The space is much better used by jambos flag code, a berry system, etc. And NOT 50 extra Pokémon. If you think these are unimportant, you could always check the ask resource thread to add it.

Last edited:
Back