• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Zombu3401

Severy
Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The reason why Charizard,blastiose and venusaur are crashing PGE is because they have a evolution that's not compatabile with PGE and your using the wrong A-Map you need to use the 1.92 version and open that up in a hex editor and go to D027C and put 9C 01
    thank you so much :))

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    No problem zombu and also tell me if there's anything wrong within the actual gameplay not regarding the tools for now

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    No problem zombu and also tell me if there's anything wrong within the actual gameplay not regarding the tools for now

Well, I haven't noticed any oddities. Looking good so far. Although, I'd recommend changing Natu's, Xatu's and Espeon's Magic Bounce to something else because it usually results in a freeze or bad egg. I know this wasn't your doing but it's just my suggestion. Also, Happiny's Speed and Special Defense stats are swapped.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    When moon blast is used it causes the game to crash. Just FYI. Clefairy used it and it just hung forever...

Edit: The reason it's causing the game to crash is because it's listed as a Status move when it should be a Special move.

Edit 2: NVM it didn't fix it. I think that move is just glitched in general. It had 40 PP when it should've had 15, maybe it's the attack animation causing the freeze?

Last edited:

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    When moon blast is used it causes the game to crash. Just FYI. Clefairy used it and it just hung forever...

Edit: The reason it's causing the game to crash is because it's listed as a Status move when it should be a Special move.

Edit 2: NVM it didn't fix it. I think that move is just glitched in general. It had 40 PP when it should've had 15, maybe it's the attack animation causing the freeze?
    thats intresting i just tested that out and it didnt freeze on my end did you happen to have added anything before actually playing?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    thats intresting i just tested that out and it didnt freeze on my end did you happen to have added anything before actually playing?

I actually have not added anything (Besides that small Max_Level patch change) What's weird is, after using PGE for a while, certain pokemon lost ALL compatibility with TM's/HM's and I know I did something that could cause it to do that, maybe PGE is the culprit here?

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I actually have not added anything (Besides that small Max_Level patch change) What's weird is, after using PGE for a while, certain pokemon lost ALL compatibility with TM's/HM's and I know I did something that could cause it to do that, maybe PGE is the culprit here?

It's most likely the max level patch that's causing all the problems that you are having

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    It's most likely the max level patch that's causing all the problems that you are having

So I looked at an older version of the hack I made using your rombase without the Max_Level patch and it still had the freeze. I'm still unclear on what's causing it to do it... I did have the 1.0 Version of the base but I think you mentioned that you only fixed the National Dex with that upgrade so I'm lost to be honest...

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    So I looked at an older version of the hack I made using your rombase without the Max_Level patch and it still had the freeze. I'm still unclear on what's causing it to do it... I did have the 1.0 Version of the base but I think you mentioned that you only fixed the National Dex with that upgrade so I'm lost to be honest...

I even tested it out with my hack that has the fixed pokedex and its not crashing the game i dont know how it is but every error that you messaged me about isnt present on my side of it. This is quite the predicament im lost as well

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    So I've read that LCcoolJ95 is gonna release his base soon and what that means is that I'm going to be able to fully get the formes working for deoyxs and rotom in this base

My sincere apologies for asking this question, but what exactly are the INI files for?
    I know how to patch a UPS or an IPS file and I finally managed to patch it successfully haha. But what about those listed INI Files in the tags or in the file that I downloaded?
    Do I need to patch something/somehow with it? I never really used or learnt about this before.
    No idea what the PGE and G3HS are for either. I just kinda what to get to rom hacking with all the current Pokemon, moves and abilities already haha.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Just put the INI in the same place as G3HS and PGE and you should be good to go

Years
  • My sincere apologies for asking this question, but what exactly are the INI files for?
    I know how to patch a UPS or an IPS file and I finally managed to patch it successfully haha. But what about those listed INI Files in the tags or in the file that I downloaded?
    Do I need to patch something/somehow with it? I never really used or learnt about this before.
    No idea what the PGE and G3HS are for either. I just kinda what to get to rom hacking with all the current Pokemon, moves and abilities already haha.

inis are the files used by PokemonGameEditor (PGE) and Gen 3 Hacking Suite (G3HS) so they know where all the info is stored. They're hacking tools.

Thank you for the explanations pokefreak890 and thebrawler56 :)
    I copy-pasted the INI in the G3HS folder, however it gives me a lot of errors for some reason.
    I looked in an earlier reply and tried to change the mons to 1020, abilities, moves and types to the amount that you posted as well, but it still gives an error and then it repeats the process again.
    Not sure what exactly I am doing wrong cus my knowledge is really limited on this part.
    I also tried to edit the Advanced Map expansion, I could add more mons, but they were displayed as moves after Chimeco. Also the mons appeared as the round question marks rather than an actual Pokemon and some encounters crashed it. This is definitely on my end, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong at all.

EDIT:
    Probably it did not patch successfully or something. That part is fixed now. I can also open it in the Gen III Hacking Suite. Although I do not see any evolutions for any Pokemon, not even the Pokemon that already existed in the game. Or they are totally messed up such as Klefki evolving into Gastrodon at Level 30 (according the application, didn't test anything in game). Did I mess up something again? haha.
    I did merge the INIs through the application, I overwrote the old INI with the one provided in your patch. There are also no Egg Moves nor any Pokemon to view under that tab for anything after Chimeco, I assume this hasn't been implemented as this might be a lot of extra and maybe not really necessary work.
    Are there more than 50 TMs in this patch? If yes, I can't seem to find them hehe. Under the Items for evolution, if I scroll down a lot there seem to be a lot of items that somehow messed up.
    I still cannot get PGE to work for some reason

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I got it. Thanks a bunch! :)
    PGE has the evolutions and stuff correctly.
    I just had to rename the Rom as you mentioned in an earlier post.
    It's working now and I can finally start I guess.
    Thank you so much! This is all I need for now I think. Hope I won't run in anything gamebreaking hehe.

EDIT 3:
    Can I just stick to AM 1.95?
    I was importing maps from a previous rom, but the offset was higher than 6 digits, so it did not work through AM 1.92.
    I imported them through 1.95 but now I cannot load them in 1.92. The main problem right now is, I have to stick to one. 1.95 doesn't load any extended Pokemon. I tried to fix it the same way as 1.92, but apparently it doesn't work that way.
    Anyone who can help me extend the mons in 1.95? Or how to make offsets higher than 6 digits work? (AM 1.95 stars with 0x00800000 while AM 1.92 starts with 0x800000 for example)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    If anyone wants the Unnamed Trainer Editor ini for the 1020 version, here it is...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2020
    I'm confused, what's the difference between 1020 and 1460 ver? I'm new to all this patching stuff, I've been outdated since like 2006 xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    @Mikeru: The 1020 version has 1020 spots for Pokemon, and the 1460 version has 1460 spots. The 1020 version is pretty much complete while then 1460 is about 90% done.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    The mega evolution process is automatic? I mean., If I have the necessary items I can megaevolve my pokémon?

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    The way you add Pokemon to the base is by using A-series and also the mega evolution is not automatic you need to press start before you select a move if you have the Pokemon holding the mega stone and the mega bracelet in your pocket

Back