• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] League Create-A-Team (OU) [Suggest teammates for Mega Scizor!]

What should be the team's first Pokemon?

• Total voters
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Please get those votes in as soon as possible! I'll close the poll on the day after tomorrow.

Sirfetch’d

I voted Megados. Fits on just about any style of team well and is a pretty fun mon to use.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Looks like we're going with Mega Scizor! Now, please suggest potential teammates for Mega Scizor, and preferably include why they would be good teammates. We'll decide on one Pokemon at a time.

Sirfetch’d

We could do a sand team. Possibly with Hippo? Pretty self explainitory why Steels are good in sand. Idk though maybe I am just really partial to sand teams x]

srinator

keldeo would be a good partner, mega sciz+ keldeo could be a potent offensive core, since keldeo can break past stuff sciz can have troubles with like ferro/scizor/bulky grounds etc. serp could would be a nice addition to this, its fast and powerful plus can beat bulky waters.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I know people would always use Rotom-W as the superior choice, but how about Rotom-H? It still takes Fire type moves pretty well, checks Tflame, can use WoW, Painsplit/Rest and forms a VoltTurn core with Scizor.

One major downside is its weakness to rocks, so we definitely need rock removal support. It also can't take Water type moves well. Tbh., I'm just interested in how Rotom-H could find some use in OU and since the team's still in its early stages, there should still be enough room.

srinator

uh i have used rotom-h, its certainly interesting but is quite underwhelming in practise.
    1) obvious rocks weak, and generally being a support mon, this hampers its ability to constantly switch in and makes the life of fairies/talon much easier.
    2) bad fire stab, i mean sure overheat is great, but for the way rotom-heat should be used( i mean generally, unless ofc u wants to use bulky specs or some shit pls ignore :/) , overheat doesnt benefit it much.
    3) no reliable recovery, ofc rotom-w also suffers this, and they are both p easy to weaken or wear down, but the rock weakness plays a roll here.
    4) struggles with the ever annoying gliscor etc

advantages over rotom-wash could be fairy resist, ability to beat aegi (if its back) , checks mega zard -y etc.

i found it plenty interesting, but yh is just not that good lol

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Heatran and Garchomp would be really good partners to M-Scizor. Tran is immune to Fire, can set up rocks, has a frightening base 130 SpA and removes bulky steels from play. Chomp can set up a free swords dance with Diancie and Gardy gone. You could also use a flying-type such as Scarf Staraptor or Talonflame (which benefit from Defog support) to beat Keldeo, Lando and M-Lop.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • What set is Scizor running? This seems like a pretty important determinant in what teammates we should be running for it. I think a bulky SD would probably work best for the team style we're aiming for, something like:

Scizor @ Scizorite
    Ability: Light Metal
    EVS: bulky
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Roost
    - Knock Off / U-turn / Bug Bite

The EVs and coverage move can be specified and customized later. I definitely wouldn't want to run Superpower on it though.

Anyway, thinking of this Pokemon, here are some important areas of support that I think teammates should address:

Offensive
    - Stealth Rock
    - Pokemon that can pressure Heatran, Rotom-W, Venusaur-Mega, Slowbro (if Knock Off is the coverage move), and to a lesser degree, Ferrothorn, Amoonguss, Skarmory, and Hippowdon
    - If U-turn is the coverage move, Rotom-W would make a lot of sense as a partner
    - If Knock Off is the coverage moves, Keldeo and especially Heatran become much easier to wear down and exploit
    - A fast Pokemon or two who can make up for Scizor's inability to push offensive momentum, especially without U-turn
    - Preferably something that isn't revenge killed by Talonflame
    - Offensive Pokemon that can exploit choice-locked Magnezone

Defensive
    - Very strong coverage for Charizard-Mega (both - preferably a nice initial switch-in), Keldeo, Gyarados-Mega, Talonflame, and Manaphy
    - Status Absorption, especially for taking Scald spam, Lava Plume, and Rotom-W's Will-O-Wisp
    - Covered in the first bullet, but a very strong Fire resist wouldn't hurt
    - Backup checks to Pokemon like Lati@s that commonly carry HP Fire to beat this, especially when they are commonly paired with Magnezone
    - Hazard control

Also, I think we will want to take advantage of Scizor's unique strengths:

- As the only hard counter for Metagross-Mega in the game, we have greater freedom in team-building to use things that bait it than other teams do. Something like Clefable might fit really well here for that reason.

- Scizor provides a nice win condition against a lot of bulky teams, so while this is hardly a revelation, pairing it with a Pokemon with a lot of immediate power will really make its job easier.

- Defensively, this can cover for so much. It covers all three Dragon weaknesses and pairs well with an offensive Latios. It can also Knock Off or otherwise wear down checks like Keldeo and Heatran, so a Pokemon like Bisharp could pair nicely if we want to go a more offensive route.

Well, that's off the top of my head. My favorite teammate is Clefable, but I adore Clefable and there may be more optimal choices this early in team building.

srinator

i think i love the roost+3 attacks set the best
    i mean the sd set is p cool but, i dont like it as a breaker (shitty etc) and i dont want to use it as a wincon either.
    either way i think the utility of 3attacks + roost would be better than the normal sd set which imo kills momentum ( well i observed this when i used it, ur welcome to correct me if im wrong).

3 attacks+ roost also allows for greater synergy imo.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • roost+3 atks is a glue poke, i'm not against it i think we'd need a clearer idea of how we're going to beat defensive cores since no sd means we're forfeiting the ability to threaten opponents, basically.

Back