• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
Years
    • Seen today
    No, sorry. There's a lot that's changing from this demo and the final version, so the saves from the demo won't load correctly.

Fair enough. It makes sense.

I guess i'll mull over if I should wait or just give it a go and than restart later. I'm not sure, but I get the feeling that we're closing in onto an update.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    Not sure if this was posted, but this "invisible sign" can be found in this square outside Opelucid's east gatehouse.

MLefcS0.png

EDIT: Oh, also, does anyone know at which point the player can obtain Larvesta? I'm at the Relic Castle, but there's only so far down you can go. And I'm wondering when and where can Larvesta be found.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    Not sure if this was posted, but this "invisible sign" can be found in this square outside Opelucid's east gatehouse.

MLefcS0.png

EDIT: Oh, also, does anyone know at which point the player can obtain Larvesta? I'm at the Relic Castle, but there's only so far down you can go. And I'm wondering when and where can Larvesta be found.

Oh lol, I must have forgotten to add the sign there when I did the big graphical overhaul last year, thanks for finding that!

As for Larvesta, it can be found a little later.
    Spoiler:

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    Oh lol, I must have forgotten to add the sign there when I did the big graphical overhaul last year, thanks for finding that!

As for Larvesta, it can be found a little later.
    Spoiler:

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2024
    Hi all,
    I have a question : how does Gligar evolve into Gliscor ?
    I tried to lvl up with razor fang at night but nothing happened ...I tried with razor claw too without results ...
    Thank you for your answers.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hi all,
    I tried to lvl up with razor fang at night but nothing happened ...I tried with razor claw too without results ...

Azure_Keys should hopefully be along shortly, but have you tried using the Razor Claw as an item and seeing if Gligar evolves by it as if it were a Stone?

Years
    • Online now
    Hi all,

It should evolve when leveled up at night while holding Razor Fang. I'll test and see if there is an issue with it.

Years
    • Online now
    Ah, you're right. It seems like there's a bug with the hold-item evolution routine, but only for the ones that require a specific time of day. I'll see if I can fix it. Thanks!

Years
    • Online now
    Hi all,

Yup, there was a typo in the routine for held item evos that only affected the time-restricted ones. Thanks for finding that! It'll be fixed in the next release.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Question: What did you use to edit the trainer's Pokemon? Did you use the disassembly in order to do so???

Years
    • Online now
    How do I use the disassembly??? Do I need to download a certain file or zip???

You can go to github.com/pret/pokecrystal to find the disassembly. There is install instructions there. Basically, you'll need a terminal program to be able to run the commands for building the ROM, and you'll need the RGBDS files used for compiling. Then you'll be able to download the source code to your computer, and can edit whatever you want to build your own ROM.

All the instructions are on the github page, and the people in the pret discord can help you if you have issues getting it set up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2021
    Hey, this hack looks incredible! Is there any more info on a potential release date?

Years
    • Online now
    Hey, this hack looks incredible! Is there any more info on a potential release date?

Thanks! The final version will be moving to the Polished Crystal engine, which will have loads of new features/QoL improvements, including an expanded dex that will include all the mons from the B2/W2 dex, plus around 100 or so more.

The expanded dex update for Polished Crystal is still being worked on though, so in the meantime, I'm working on stuff like mapping, and planning for the new version. So it's hard to say for sure, since the final release will depend on the Polished devs as well as myself, but it shouldn't be too much trouble to port the game over, since I've got so much of it finished already.

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Sufficiently pogged. By the way, are there any plans for incorporating the alternate forms of the other Unovan legendaries/mythicals yet? And if so, what are the odds of a custom Original Dragon being made later?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there any way to edit Pokemon Black and White 3 Genesis using the disassembly??? The game that's in the pokecrystal file is just pokecrystal.gbc and other editing stuff. I need to find a way to use Black and White 3 Genesis at the disassembly...

Years
    • Online now
    Sufficiently pogged. By the way, are there any plans for incorporating the alternate forms of the other Unovan legendaries/mythicals yet? And if so, what are the odds of a custom Original Dragon being made later?

Thanks! Polished has a system for adding alternate forms, cosmetic ones (like Keldeo) are pretty simple, and I'll be aiming to work with the engine as best as I can to get the other alt forms in as well.

I don't have plans to add any fakemons at this time though.

Back