• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Is there any way to find out which ferroseed will evolve into a ferrothorn with the hidden ability anticipation?
    If not i think this is real stupid move by gamefreak, i want an iron barb ferrothorn and ended up with anticipation...tough luck :(

Well i'd imagine that if you catch one in Glittering Cave or Reflection Cave it won't have any chance of that. Did this one of yours come from a Friend Safari?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    General question, does it make a difference at what level you evolve a Pokemon stat wise? Say I train a Pikachu to lv. 100, and then evolve it, as opposed to evolving at lv. 1. Will the Raichus' stats differ?

I don't think so. When you evolve Pikachu, regardless of what level it is, its stats should be altered to fit those of Raichu. d:

Reactions: Sun

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    do the bonuses on pokemon amie carry on to online battles and or maison?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2013
    OK why is a Tyranitar quicker than my wash rotom. Why is a Lucario quicker than my Zapdos. Its happened a lot. My Garchomp is outspeed by other Garchomps, but mine has jolly nature. And all three of my pokemon mentioned have perfect ivs in speed. Do people use cheats online? what else could it possibly be? They were not Mega as well and its happened in quite a few different games. And it is know move like trick room. l just played again and there lapras was quciker than my mega mawille(who had been in for 3 turns already). l just don't get this. PLease explain.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Νο your friend safari depends on your 3ds fc which doesnt reset.

Can you catch all the legendary birds in one game or is it random?

You can only catch one and the bird is based on the starter you picked on Aquacorde Town.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    OK why is a Tyranitar quicker than my wash rotom. Why is a Lucario quicker than my Zapdos. Its happened a lot. My Garchomp is outspeed by other Garchomps, but mine has jolly nature. And all three of my pokemon mentioned have perfect ivs in speed. Do people use cheats online? what else could it possibly be? They were not Mega as well and its happened in quite a few different games. And it is know move like trick room. l just played again and there lapras was quciker than my mega mawille(who had been in for 3 turns already). l just don't get this. PLease explain.

Who knows, maybe they've maximized their Speed EVs? There's also a possibility that they could be using a Choice Scarf. Choice Scarf increases your Speed by fifty-percent whenever you're battling, which is a lot! A good way to tell if they're using this item or not is if your opponent strikes you with the same move repeatedly. They might be using Quick Claw, too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Hi,
    What is this generations version of the battle tower or battle subway and at which stage in the game is it available?
    Thanks in advance :)

soreninja

Dat Tongue Scarf tho...
    Years
  • Hi guys, I have a lot of friends in my 3ds, I have some friends who is a Y player. When I check my PSS, I have have only seen my Pokemon X friends, why can't I see my Y friends in Friends List in PSS? (sorry for bad english)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Hi,
    What is this generations version of the battle tower or battle subway and at which stage in the game is it available?
    Thanks in advance :)

Battle Maison. It is a post-game location, on Kiloude City.
    You can receive a train pass for that city from Sycamore in Lumiose Train Station after the credit rolls.

-Slick-

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Has anyone else had this issue?

It took me a long time to build my friend safaris up again. I lost them all before when I used my Pokemon Y game in my friends 3DS system, then when I came back home and put my game back in my 3DS, my whole friend safari list was not only re-arranged but the 3rd slot pokemons became blank and most of the users become unseen meaning I would not be able to acquire the 3rd pokemons only 2nd.

So is there any way I can use my game in another 3DS without the friend safaris being altered or 3rd slot being gone? Has this happened to anyone else?

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • Your game's Friend Safari is calibrated to your 3DS Friend's List. If you use the game on a different system, your Safari will be adjusted to the Friends on that 3DS.

It's happened to me before (But, I've never had the Pokemon reset, just had different Friends as options). The simplest solution is to just connect to the wi-fi, connect your 3DS to your charger and let your Friends come online. It may take a day or two, but you should have your Friend Safari back in order.

-Slick-

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Your game's Friend Safari is calibrated to your 3DS Friend's List. If you use the game on a different system, your Safari will be adjusted to the Friends on that 3DS.

It's happened to me before (But, I've never had the Pokemon reset, just had different Friends as options). The simplest solution is to just connect to the wi-fi, connect your 3DS to your charger and let your Friends come online. It may take a day or two, but you should have your Friend Safari back in order.
    Thanks for the solution. But one problem will still remain. Most of the safaris I have are extremely good, and the people who gave them out delete the people they gave it to so they can add more. I already had my game see them online so even if they deleted me I had the 3rd slot pokemon. But I fear that this time if it is changed then it will update to where I can't have the 3rd anymore.

The_Evil_Weavile

used Ennui
    Years
  • Maximize your style, do it by cutting your hair, asking Alexa for directions, working at the hotel!
    To determine if you have your style max there are two ways:
    • Go to the Evolution Stone Shop, there is an old man NPC who sells a Mega Stone. If you have your style maxed, he should sell the mega stone for $10,000.
    • Go to Cafe Intorversion, at South Boulevard:bottom half of Lumiose City., if you see the O-Power man, he will give you the Hatching O-Power. In other words, you have your style maximized! ;)

I've done all of this. I bought all the stones for 10k each, the galette stand sells to me for 80, I've had my hair cut dozens of times and have unlocked all the styles for it, including the ones at the Furfrou stylist as well.

I've dined at all the battle diners including Sushi High Roller, completed the post game stuff, been to every Café, traded with Diantha, maxed my style. I spent hours doing everything in the city again and again to be sure, even after I was sure style was maxed. And this guy will STILL NOT appear for me and give me the darned hatching o-power. What could I be missing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back