• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could replace Pikachu with another mascot, who would it be?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
I always thought that Voltorb or Electrode could have been mascots since they are mimics of a Poke Ball, which is the most iconic object of the entire franchise.

Dusk Mane Koopa

"What's the matter, scared?"
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Either Meowth or Clefairy-- marketable Normal-types with two-stage evolutions.
Or probably the starters.

Mehoi

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
I feel like ever so would a great pic given it?s extreme cuteness and rather unique evolutionary abilities. Or, yah know, we could always have Gyrados because he?s just so bad ass.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Either Meowth or Clefairy-- marketable Normal-types with two-stage evolutions.
Or probably the starters.

Two things regarding Clefairy. It had a pre-evolution in Cleffa introduced in Generation 2(hence its a 3 stage evolution Pokemon now) and in Generation 6, its typing changed from Normal to Fairy. Otherwise your choices aren't half bad. Granted I think Eevee and other Pokemon have the upper hand right now if Pikachu was ever replaced.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
Gen 1: Eevee (Incredibly popular)

Gen 2: Entei (Film role) or Ho-Oh (Omnipresence since the first episode of the TV Series)

Gen 3: Gardevoir (Popular and amazing Mega Evolution)

Gen 4: Lucario (Incredibly popular, equally popular Mega Evolution and appearance in SMB)

Gen 5: Victini (Cute and represents Victory)

Gen 6: Greninja (Popular across the world)

Gen 7: Mimikyu (Popular and considered the Anti-Pikachu)

Guest123_x1

If Eevee, Jigglypuff, or Clefairy aren't options for a new mascot, then I think Mewtwo would fit in rather well, considering that, since Generation II, the mascot Pokémon on the game boxes have been legendary Pokémon. Even that, alone, would leave a significant impact on the franchise and its fanbase, despite Mewtwo being well known as the "star" antagonist of the first movie.

Last edited:

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
I think something cute but dope should be the mascot. Pikachu looks like a deranged yellow spray-painted half-rabbit half-mouse crossbreed. I think something like Rockruff would make a very nice replacement. Even Eevee (though I would hate it), Growlithe, Vulpix are decent replacements. But really, I would prefer an evil looking pokemon as the mascot. Like Giratina. Or something godlike, like Arceus or Rayquaza. I think that GF should start focusing on both a younger and older audience instead of catering to small kids.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Okay, this was the mascot thread I thought I was in earlier.

These three come to mind....
Lucario (duh)
MissingNo.
Sylveon

:P

EDIT: And Mew and Clefairy also work imo.

Last edited:
Years
So we all know Pikachu is the companies mascot, but what if they changed it? What would it be? What would you want it to be? I can say that some folks would pick Eevee, but try and go for something else. Can still say Eevee, but give another one also.

hi ive merged your thread on over to an existing thread n.n

Years
I think you could replace Pikachu with any of the starter Pokemon because they are all pretty well-known. Actually, you could use any well-known Pokemon. Pikachu is only so popular because it is everywhere in the franchise, not because it is super powerful or anything. I don't think the franchise would be much different if Pikachu wasn't the mascot. It would be the same but kids would be walking around with a different Pokemon on their backpacks at school.

Back