• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FR]Type Request Thread

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
  • Good Day to all, It's Lance32497 again, a.k.a. Lancekoijer.
    I'm here to help hackers here that can't add new types in FireRed version. I am doubting if I can help you in Emerald, but as soon as I master Adding New types in Emerald, I'll add it in my choicelist.
    So lets start the main topic,
    I dislike joining in Teams and I really like to work alone, but since I wanted to help you, I created this post so that you can have a patched file of your desired type.

I provided a patched file so that if you like my newly created type, you may use it.
    I added 3 new types, FAIRY, MANA and CHAOS
    Mana resists on Psychic, Dark, Fairy, Mana and Ghost Types and has weakness to Steel, Rock, Chaos, and Poison
    while
    Chaos resists on Poison, Bug, Ghost, Dark, Mana and Chaos and has weakness to Fighting, Psychic and Fairy

So here are the sample Pics:
    DXbnO2O.png

r7kxrzl.png

GBgSmdn.png

RULES:
    Your Request must include these informations
    If you are submitting requests, make sure that it won't exceed in 3 types, you must also mention its color, Type effectiveness(offense and defense), and what offset I'll use in operation(0x800000, 0x900000,0xa00000,0xb00000 or 0xc000000
    Wait for the update
    If you submitted a request, always think that it will take 3 Days to 1 week for me to update your request, I am not updating requests if requests did not reach its minimum amount(5).
    Read first before you request
    There are instances that you have the same request, so make sure that it's unique.

Fairy, Mana and Chaos Patched file

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Hi there, would it possible to make a patch just for Fairy type? I don't think there is one out there besides Steakdoll's but I don't want the other features that come along with it. Fairy type would be nice to have in my game, with its standard resistances, super effectives etc. from offset 0x900000.

Lance32497

Years
  • Hi there, would it possible to make a patch just for Fairy type? I don't think there is one out there besides dollSteak's but I don't want the other features that come along with it. Fairy type would be nice to have in my game, with its standard resistances, super effectives etc. from offset 0x900000.

Since you were the first who request, I'll work on it a.s.a.p but once again, I won't assign who will be Fairy Type Pokemon and What moves will be Fairy type...

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • So... i have request for you to add into Fire Red four types. I mean. Crystal <Lite blue> Mist <Light-Greyish>, Light <Light-Yellow> and Fairy <Pink>. Use 0x800000 space. Thanks in advance if you can make it. I need this types for Pokemon Dirty Sun Hack.

CRYSTAL
    WEAK for - Fighting, Steel
    Extra damage taken from - Fighting, Steel.
    Extra damege give to - Rock, Ground, Normal
    Immunities - Electric

MIST
    Weak for - Electric, Fire, Water, Grass
    Extra damage taken from - Electric, Grass
    Extra damage give for - Ground, Rock, Steel, Light
    Immunities - Nothing

LIGHT
    Weak for - Nothing
    Extra damage taken from - Mist
    Extra damage give for - Dark, Ghost, Crystal
    Immunities - Nothing

UPDATE TYPES.
    Ice is not effective for crystal.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Since you were the first who request, I'll work on it a.s.a.p but once again, I won't assign who will be Fairy Type Pokemon and What moves will be Fairy type...
    Great news! I can adjust the moves later if that works but if they can't be adjusted in standard attack editors then I'd probably say: sing, lovely kiss, moonlight, charm, covet, sweet kiss, yawn, safe guard, mirror coat, poison gas and submission.

Last edited:

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
    Years
  • I have request for Fire Red. Use 0x870000 space. Thanks in advance, tho is there a possibility to just get the raw .bin file and add it to the offset we wish (in the case I changed my mind), or do you need to know the offset in order to work the code??

Diamond (Light blue/ Cyan)
    Weak against - Fighting, Physic, Ghost
    Extra damage taken from - Physics, Ghost
    Extra damege give to - Rock, Ground, Steel, Anomaly
    Immunities - Electric, Ground

Deus (White & Gold)
    Weak against - Normal, Dragon, Anomaly
    Extra damage taken from - Normal, Dragon, Anomaly, Diamond
    Extra damege give to - Ghost, Physic, Fire, Water, Ice, Grass, Rock, Ground, Electric, Flying
    Immunities - Physic, Ghost, Fire, Water, Ice, Grass, Rock

Anomaly (Same or slightly different shade of Normal type)
    Weak against - Fighting
    Extra damage taken from - Diamond, Fighting
    Extra damege give to - Normal, Ghost, Deus
    Immunities - Ghost, Physic

Good luck and thanks in advance, this is a nice thread idea. Kudos Man :)

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    I'd like two types please, both from 0x900000 and/or beyond:

Type 1:
    Light, light-yellow colour.
    Weak to Fighting, Poison and Psychic. Super-effective on Dark and Dragon
    Resisted by Ice, Psychic, and Poison, Resistant to Dark, Dragon

Type 2:
    Glitch, Dark Grey Colour
    No weaknesses/Advantages/Resistance/resisting.
    Just Average normal effectiveness.

Please, and thank you, if you do it!! :'3

Lance32497

Years
  • So... i have request for you to add into Fire Red four types. I mean. Crystal <Lite blue> Mist <Light-Greyish>, Light <Light-Yellow> and Fairy <Pink>. Use 0x800000 space. Thanks in advance if you can make it. I need this types for Pokemon Dirty Sun Hack.

CRYSTAL
    Immunities - Electric

MIST
    Immunities - Nothing

LIGHT
    Weak for - Nothing
    Immunities - Nothing

UPDATE TYPES.
    I have request for Fire Red. Use 0x870000 space. Thanks in advance, tho is there a possibility to just get the raw .bin file and add it to the offset we wish (in the case I changed my mind), or do you need to know the offset in order to work the code??

Deus (White & Gold)
    Extra damege give to - Ghost, Physic, Fire, Water, Ice, Grass, Rock, Ground, Electric, Flying

Weak against - Fighting

Type 1:

Type 2:
    Glitch, Dark Grey Colour

Ok, I'll work on it!

Great news! I can adjust the moves later if that works but if they can't be adjusted in standard attack editors then I'd probably say: sing, lovely kiss, moonlight, charm, covet, sweet kiss, yawn, safe guard, mirror coat, poison gas and submission.
    Sorry, I won't be implementing Fairy type in Pokemon moves, because you can do it by your self, anyways, I will also provide an ini on a file that I'll send to you

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Ok, I'll work on it!

Sorry, I won't be implementing Fairy type in Pokemon moves, because you can do it by your self, anyways, I will also provide an ini on a file that I'll send to you

Works for me! Sorry I misread your other post and for some reason thought you wanted me to tell you which moves to change to fairy type when it was the opposite.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I would like for you to implement the Shadow type (Purplish? At least the color it's represented in Colosseum/XD)

Weak-to: Nothing?
    Resists: Shadow

Super-Effective (2x) Against: Everything except Shadow (Including Fairy)
    Is resisted (1/2x) by: Shadow

Use the 0xF00000 memory space.

Lance32497

Years

CRYSTAL
    Immunities - Electric

MIST
    Immunities - Nothing

LIGHT
    Weak for - Nothing
    Immunities - Nothing

UPDATE TYPES.
    So here's the patched file
    http://www.filedropper.com/pokemon-fireredversionusa
    I have request for Fire Red. Use 0x870000 space. Thanks in advance, tho is there a possibility to just get the raw .bin file and add it to the offset we wish (in the case I changed my mind), or do you need to know the offset in order to work the code??

Deus (White & Gold)

Weak against - Fighting

http://www.filedropper.com/pokemon-fireredversionusa_1

Type 1:

Type 2:
    Glitch, Dark Grey Colour

http://www.filedropper.com/pokemon-fireredversionusa_2

http://www.filedropper.com/fairyonly

I would like for you to implement the Shadow type (Purplish? At least the color it's represented in Colosseum/XD)

Weak-to: Nothing?
    Resists: Shadow

Super-Effective (2x) Against: Everything except Shadow (Including Fairy)
    Is resisted (1/2x) by: Shadow

Use the 0xF00000 memory space.

Ok, give me some time

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • I've seen some faults with this patch.
    1 - Crystal do not have Immunity for Electric type moves which I requested.
    2 - Fairy do not have effectivnese for types.
    3 - Move type names is displayed as STAL,IGHT,BLANK SPACE. Only Fariry have correct name.
    4 - Mist and Light types don't work like they should.

~~~~~~~~WHAT I THINK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - I found an source of this madnesse... I take an look of the oryginal typechart. And i found an way to slove effectivnese problem. You put two bytes so much. And that all fucked the mechanics of Effectivnese... When I look at this code i've seen that Crystal Moves cause DEATH SUPER EFFECTIVE injures for Fire type <Which normaly is nonsense> If someone have that same issues like me in their rom i can help fix them out. For now.. I did it on my rom and it works ideal <Except Type Names since IDK why it showed uncompletly.>

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
    Years
  • How do I add the new types to pokémon in Gen III Hacking Suite?

I can give you two tips how to do it...

First off... Remember. Fairy may fit on 12 place in Types Header. But rest comming at place 17 and more... So how many types you have? If you add only one of them. In INI file write 18 without 19 <00 is normal and counted as type> But if you have more than only one new type... You need to write number by this sheme.
    18 + 1 <Mostly fairy type> + 4 (Placeholders Types which have strange effects) + Number of new types <Without Fairy or other type which you put dirrectly after Dark type>

I told you on my example. I have four more types. Fairy is on place 0x12. Rest is on places
    Crystal, 0x17, Mist 0x18 and Crystal 0x19. In my case is 18+1+4+3 which give mu number of 25 <Don't use Type spaces like 0x13, 0x14, 0x15, 0x16 or you break your game>

Secound thing is puting new type names... And there is little problem without actual Ini... But... Look at TYPE ADDING FOR FIRE RED THREAD. Open rom in HxD (Or other Hex Editor) And write first digits of oryginal code to ff string. And later go to area where you said to put requested types. After that. You have actual name table pointer. Which you need to rewrite on G3HS Inis. And done. You succesfuly ported new types to G3HS

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    I can give you two tips how to do it...

First off... Remember. Fairy may fit on 12 place in Types Header. But rest comming at place 17 and more... So how many types you have? If you add only one of them. In INI file write 18 without 19 <00 is normal and counted as type> But if you have more than only one new type... You need to write number by this sheme.
    18 + 1 <Mostly fairy type> + 4 (Placeholders Types which have strange effects) + Number of new types <Without Fairy or other type which you put dirrectly after Dark type>

I told you on my example. I have four more types. Fairy is on place 0x12. Rest is on places
    Crystal, 0x17, Mist 0x18 and Crystal 0x19. In my case is 18+1+4+3 which give mu number of 25 <Don't use Type spaces like 0x13, 0x14, 0x15, 0x16 or you break your game>

Secound thing is puting new type names... And there is little problem without actual Ini... But... Look at TYPE ADDING FOR FIRE RED THREAD. Open rom in HxD (Or other Hex Editor) And write first digits of oryginal code to ff string. And later go to area where you said to put requested types. After that. You have actual name table pointer. Which you need to rewrite on G3HS Inis. And done. You succesfuly ported new types to G3HS

No offence buddy, but I don't get what you've written?

Can you write it a bit more clearer. :/

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    No offence buddy, but I don't get what you've written?

Can you write it a bit more clearer. :/

If you're using FR do this:
    Go to the INI and at your game's offsets and stuff, look for 'typenames' and 'numberoftypes'.
    For 'typenames', first open your game in a Hex editor and search for this string of bytes:
    ' C8 C9 CC C7 BB C6 FF C0 C3 C1 C2 CE FF '.
    It should be around where you specified the free space you wanted, so around 0x900000. Replace the ini's offset with your offset.
    For 'numberoftypes'. Take the number 18, add 5, and then add the number of new types you requested.
    In this case, 2, so your number of new types should be 24.

If you're using Emerald, I'm not too sure. You might want to check out MrDollSteak's tutorial.

FaikarUpay

Map Editor
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2016
    WTF :
    Resistance : All Types
    Weakness : All Types
    Immune : All Types ??
    Soo... WTF !!

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Hey there, do you think you can modify MrDollsteak's patch to change Dragon into the Light type for me (So it keeps the fairy type from his patch)?
    The icon is light yellow.
    Strong against: Dark, Fairy, and Ghost
    Weak to: Dark, Psychic, and Grass
    Resist: Fairy, Ghost, and Electric
    Not Very Effective Against: Psychic, Grass, and Steel.

Back