• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Competitive Concepts

Years
  • I was thinking of doing a series of brief informative articles covering basic, but important elements of competitive battling. This would include certain moves, strategies, cores and the like. For the first article, I was thinking of covering entry hazards like Spikes and Stealth rock - why they're important, which ones to use etc.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • + 1, and I hope this helps newcomers understand the competitive scene with ease. What exactly will you be covering in the basics, may I ask?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Makes sense. I wager there's a new move/ability/item that pertains to entry hazards this generation as well, so giving that its own (sub)section in the article may be worth that amount of focus, given the interest and all.

Years
  • + 1, and I hope this helps newcomers understand the competitive scene with ease. What exactly will you be covering in the basics, may I ask?

I haven't thought of every single thing I'd cover through the series. Some stuff I definitely want to cover though is teambuilding, knowing your meta, status moves, hazards, items and once I know more about them dynamax and gigantamax.

Makes sense. I wager there's a new move/ability/item that pertains to entry hazards this generation as well, so giving that its own (sub)section in the article may be worth that amount of focus, given the interest and all.

I can't say much until I know if such a thing exists, but I can definitely make note of the possibility.

Years
  • +1! I like this idea especially if it is to guide those who are interested in wanting to start to battle competitively. :sloheart:

Back