• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Thoughts on BD and SP?

Years
  • Seeing the playthroughs on YT makes me wish I had a Switch right now. Not much a fan of the graphics, but I'm in love with how expansive the Great Underground is. They did a good job remaking my childhood fave.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I wanted to love this game going into it so it would've taken a really bad job I think for me to not enjoy it. I have however noticed it seems to lack some polish since I started my save.
    And some of the main complaints for this title like no toggle for exp share/affection mechanic are such a relatively quick & easy fix/implementation you'd think that'd of been picked up in QA or playtesting.

I also replayed Lets Go recently and noticed some major slow down in certain areas that they still haven't patched or fixed (so I guess never will?) this long after release, you'd think with the major IP Pokemon is, they'd at least invest in ironing these minor things out to make them overall better experiences.

I was someone who loved SwSh and didn't jump on the gamefreak hatetrain then, but this game and lets go definitely give me vibes of negligence (it's pokemon it'll sell anyway, why bother with these minor improvements). I still really enjoy and had great times with both BDSP and Let's Go just want to see them respect the IP a bit more I guess, with the landscape of gaming today they could easily chuck out a patch whenever they want fixing any bugs/issues and adding any heavily requested features (like the exp share toggle).

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    Honestly it feels like I'm playing DP with better 3D graphics. The only thing that I say is an improved is the speed of surfing and HP going down along with HMs being a feature on the PokeTech.

But everything is just, well unwanted.

Yeah I get the whole 'Faithful Remakes' BS but couldn't they be Faithful and IMPROVED remakes too? Maybe by including features from the Platinum games?

Like say the move tutors that taught your pokemon a variety of moves?
    The Platinum Dex? Yeah I know most of the Pokemon added in that game can be caught in the Underground but honestly I rather catch on where they were in Platinum instead.
    And speaking of the underground. I am not a fan of the fact that the Secret Bases are just meant to hold statues, i much rather be able to decorate the place as I see fit and like in ORAS make them in a sort of minigym.

Honestly I'm just playing it just in case the game data will unlock something in Arceus Legends. Plus I am looking forward to battling the E4 and Cynthia since I heard they're really tough in this game.

Years
  • The graphics took some getting used too, and the game just feels a bit rough around the edges in general to me.
    That said, it's an improvement over the originals no doubt. And since I never played Platinum it's an improvement over that too 😜

Enjoying the game so far, I'm taking my sweet time crawling through at a slow place and basically trying to complete the dex as much as possible while still progressing through the game ^.^

Years
  • No triple and rotation battles I believe...
    Is it possible to send pokemon from other games using bank/home?

Not yet. To avoid people finishing their dex day 1, Nintendo denies the ability for players to send pokemon through pokemon Home at the moment. They will probably allow it either in 6 months or 1 year after the game has been launched. ..... or so I read somewhere

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Not yet. To avoid people finishing their dex day 1, Nintendo denies the ability for players to send pokemon through pokemon Home at the moment. They will probably allow it either in 6 months or 1 year after the game has been launched. ..... or so I read somewhere

Even 6 months is a lot of time..
    I hope there are a lot of implementations until there, I mean, extra stuff..
    But I don't have a lot of expectations

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I played until Roark and ... it just felt like Diamond but with minor QoL improvements.

Like, FR/LG removed a lot of the Gen I jank, HG/SS and OR/AS had drastically different look and feels, and even if you didn't like, you have to admit that LGP/E had a very unique take on Pokémon and a vibrant art style.

For better or for worse all of those games felt different by the time you were ready to face the first gym leader, this feels like it was too faithful of a remake that they didn't understand why the original artwork worked in the first place.

There's the Underground yes, but unless you have NSO (and want Internet Connectivity) this pretty much feels like a worse version of the diversity I could get in something like Renegade Platinum.

Personally, this feel like this was rushed (as the many softlocks seem to indicate) and I wouldn't recommend the game to someone unless they very specifically wanted "Sinnoh on the Switch".

If you liked it, I love that for you and I'm glad you're having a blast, but it's just not for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023

Well, just saw a Poketuber finished the dex in one day WITHOUT HOME.

So that point is moot. 😆

Pokémon Trainer Marnie

Dark Type Trainer
    Years
  • My apologies Sheep, i have been very unwell over the last few months and i had a good Christmas though, hope you all did too! ^-^

I did get Diamond again this time around, something nostalgic for me as i couldn't afford both games, haven't had a chance to play much though since the op, hopefully will get the second badge soon.

Back