• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Some Evolution Methods were Changed

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • A few evolution methods in these games were changed from previous games.

These changes are,

Eevee into Leafeon, being changed to being exposed to a Leaf Stone. The original method was leveling up near a Moss Rock.
    Eevee into Glaceon, being changed to being exposed to an Ice Stone in order to evolve.
    Eevee into Sylveon is now high friendship, and knowing a Fairy move instead of Affection.
    Charjabug now evolves when being exposed to a Thunder Stone instead of being in an area with a magnetic field.

This makes me wonder... since the expansion pass will be bringing back older Pokemon, how will they handle other "gimmicky" evolutions like Nosepass and Magneton? Will they also be changed to the Thunder Stone? And what about Crabrawler if it returns? I'm wondering what you guys think.

Years
  • Crabrawler would be a good candidate to evolve via Ice Stone instead if it returns, or maybe by level-up in the snowy areas of Galar.

I'm really glad they changed the eeveelutions to evolve via evo stones, as it should have been from the beginning. @_@ Made things so much more convenient for me!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Honestly it made more sense to evolve Eevee into Leafeon or Glaceon with stones rather than finding a certain rock in the game. I'm glad they made it simple enough.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Changing how to evolve Eevee to Leafeon/Glaceon by using Leaf Stones/Ice Stones in Galar region is more fitting for me, because it might be tricky for Game Freak and co. to think on another places in new regions that have those special rocks. This, in turn, makes me grateful that Ice Stones were added in Alola region back then, and I'm also grateful that some evolving methods has been streamlined.

Last edited:

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
  • I think the Eevee evolution changes make sense, yet equally with a rotating weather pattern, they could have simply changed it so, for example, Glaceon evolved if leveled up in a snowstorm. Could have kept the interesting charm, but still remained family accessible.

I wonder about form changes i.e. Rotom/Deoxys. Will they add the appliances/meteors?

Back