• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] What's your all time favorite Pokemon episode

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
  • Hi guys, I just wanted to make this thread to discuss everyone's all time favorite Pokemon episode from the anime.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • I have so many favorites (mainly OS episodes), but I think that Bye Bye Psyduck is my main favorite since it was a Misty themed episode and it was also the main anime series debut of Golduck. I liked both characters, so I consider that episode to be a masterpiece even though we were trolled at the end.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Tons of favorite Episodes for me so its hard to narrow it down to just one. However, if I had to pick one, it would be "Pokemon Fashion Flash". It's the debut Episode of my beloved Vulpix and her trainer in Suzie(who's also a breeder). Team Rocket's latest scheme is Salon Rocket(arguably their best in the OS as far as I'm concerned) and gave Misty a makeover that honestly she should have kept for more than just that Episode. Ultimately Suzie loans Vulpix to Brock but not after unleashing Fire Spin on Team Rocket.

Honorable mentions:

#2: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion <- Duplica's debut along with Ditto. Imitation/parody of Team Rocket's motto(hasn't been done better since).
    #3: Performing with Fiery Charm <- Serena's first Princess Key and the ultimate burn by Bonnie.
    #4: Tag Team Battle Inspiration <- Serena as a Steam locomotive(you'll know what I mean when you see the scene).
    #5: Party Dancecapades <- Do I even have to mention why on this one? Ash can't dance... Serena and Ash in a tag team battle... and the "almost" dance between Serena and Ash. The reaction to that episode from Amourshippers at the time was just downright disturbing.

and many, many more.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My top two favorite episodes are:
    1. "Ditto's Mysterious Mansion" (I like Duplica and her act at the House Of Imite)
    2. "Alola, Kanto!" (It was great seeing Brock and Misty back after being absent for quite awhile!)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    oh man i have so many favorites. off the top of my head...

1. mystery at mount moon (gotta love the episode that got me into the anime)
    2. ditto's mysterious mansion (duplica xoxo)
    4. pokelantis episode
    3. the two riolu episodes in dppt
    5. cottonee episode in best wishes
    6. crossdress episode in best wishes
    7. mirror!ash episode in xyz

those are the ones that are on the top of my head right now haha.

bh02032002

Years
  • i'm not to far in the anime but i thought i should post my favorite episode. my favorite episode so far is (i'm only on season 1) Is probably the Tower of Terror. i like it because it is funny (as Ash turns into a ghost and plays pranks on his friends) and the fact that it introduces the all gastlys evolutions.

Years
  • I usually liked some seasons that i watched so far:
    Pokemon Original
    Pokemon Advanced Generation (partially)
    Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (partally)
    Pokemon Best Wishes (completed
    Pokemon Sun and Moon

I didn't finish watching the whole XY series due to mental health, but its good to be back in SM though.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • - Pokémon Scent-sation! (Erika xo)
    - Pace The Final Frontier (I thought that battle was really fun to watch)
    - Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!! (The Leuage battle between Ash and Paul. I enjoy watching this in subs more because of the music; it was a reallly great battle)

- The Fourth Round Rumble
    guess who my favourite minor character became!

latest

tumblr_nwsn51HxJq1r9ulu7o1_400.gif

XmnistZ.gif

- Team Eevee and the Pokémon Rescue Squad! (I love the Eeveelutions, so this episode was a pleasure to watch)

Last edited:

bh02032002

Years
  • anyways since i last posted i got all the way to episode 32 in the first season. and my new favorite episode is now ''The Punchy Pokemon'' i liked it for two reasons.
    1. lots of battles and shockers (what i mean by shockers is i expected the guy with the hitmonchan to win against the hitmonlee).
    2. Made me sad that primeape had to leave but i liked the fact they used primeape a lot in this episode (as Ash hardly used it before this episode).

Years
  • Aw man idk. From the more recent episodes, I really liked the one where Ash battled Clemont's gym (Japanese version; I don't watch the dub, so I'm not sure how it was handled). The music was so fitting and I had goosebumps watching that battle. SuMo has given us a lot of lovely episodes I adore also, like the one with Litten and Stoutland & Mallow and her mother. <3 i cri

Last edited:
    Years
  • "Evolving Strategies" due to the fact that Paul gave Ash the a** whoopin of a lifetime

-Ursaring/Torterra being the biggest tanks at the time taking a **** ton of damage

-Ursaring sweeping through half of Ash's team

-Torterra being able to change the direction of where Stone Edge goes like a remote

-Electabuzz's versatility in light screen reducing damage and covering up for any pokemon being brought out in the future

-Magmortar using rock tomb as a defensive wall against attacks and flame body inflicting burn damage on an opponents that use physical attacks

-Honchkrow's haze erasing all status changes

-Ursaring' bulk up increasing attack/defense and guts increasing attack power

-Electabuzz quickly switching from moves protect to thunder in an efficient manner

-Honchkrow no selling Grotle's razor leaf and overpowering Grotle's rock climb by using sky attack

-Weavile's swords dance increases attack power,managed to get on the back of Staraptor while it was charging in using aerial ace

-All of Paul's pokemon either attacked,counter attacked,took the attack or used a defensive move.NO DODGING ALLOWED.

-Magmortar taking quick attack,iron tail and aqua jet without fainting

-Ursaring destroying Buizel's water gun with hammer arm

-Bulk Up/Guts Ursaring no selling Pikachu's thunderbolt and just KOing it anyway with hammer arm

-Paul constantly switching his pokemon

Last edited:

VisionofMilotic

Ekans' attack continues!
    Years
  • I tend to like the episodes that have a supernatural theme, bring on the haunted houses, seers and magic.

The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
    Abra and the Psychic Showdown
    Just Waiting on a Friend.

There are many more, but those work as my top 3 :)

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • so hard to pick one, as favorite might change often
    almost every episode where Fennekin/Braixen and Eevee/Sylveon of Serena where the center of attention are easily my top favorite episode

the Eevee catching episode has to be my most favorite and most watched episode of mine "A Frolicking Find in the Flowers!" that so adorably Eevee with the flower crown, just gets my heart every time, usually reminds me of myself (shy and worried at first, getting used to someone I feel more comfortable)

Years
  • DP's finale episode "Memories Are Made of Bliss" even the episode's title is wonderful. That episode is very well made and the goodbye is really touching imo. Just loved it so much.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Ignorance is Blissey.
    Sweet Baby James (good acting in both, but Japanese has Smile ;__;)
    Do I Hear a Ralts? (touching, develops Max, a hint of his future team, better in Japanese)
    Crossing Paths (Japanese has Kaze to Issho ni).
    A Venipede Stampede (learning Trip has an "end justifies the means" mentality, Ash and Trip having a moral clash and also working together after difficulties, Ash saving a Pokemon despite the danger, and a satisfying ending [minus, welll...])
    Scare at the Litwick Mansion (somehow both funny and genuinely creepy, high stakes, everyone nearly gets dragged into the spirit world, Ash & friends cooperating with TRio against a common enemy).
    Mission: Total Recall!! (Lillie's recovery is so incredibly cathartic and moving, also Lillie running around and hugging everyone she could was soooo cute!!!)
    The Poke-spokesman (never saw it in Japanese, but the Arabic dub had good acting and Simon's plea to the electricity-starved Magnemite not to sap the Pokemon Center because there are sick and injured Pokemon relying on that energy... gutted me. Also, the ambiguity, did he understand Pokemon's spoken language or did he hallucinate to block out the storm? A good deed for Meowth, even if it was deceptive.)

Last edited:

pkmin3033

The Fortune Hunters, from the Johto Journeys season. Definitely James' defining moment across the entire anime.

Part of what made it so good was that he was untouchable the entire time he was convinced that he was actually a Moltres. xD

The Song of Jigglypuff from the original series would come in at a close second for the Team Rocket song. This is the kind of thing I want to sing at my wedding.

Holy Matrimony! comes in at third. I can't even think about that episode without smiling. xD

God, I miss the days when Team Rocket were front-and-centre comic relief with all-new material each time (except for the motto, although there were far more variations on that back then too) that repeatedly shattered the fourth wall and had James crossdressing to the point that he even remarked on it a couple of times. All of my favourite moments in the anime come from them!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2019
    My all-time favorite episode would The Flame Pokemon-athon. This episode really stick. I remember seeing this episode as a kid and I fell in love with the concept of riding a Pokemon in which it happened in games especially in Let's Go.

Back