• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What games would you like to see remade/remastered?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
  • If you could have any one game remade or remastered, what would you choose?

To kick us off, I'll start by raving talking about my choice. If you were to ask me what my favourite Fire Emblem game is, I would almost immediately reply with "Genealogy of the Holy War". Beautiful story, amazing characterisation, and game-play that truly gives you the feeling that large armies are fighting against each other. The graphics... Well, it's a SNES game, but the music is one of my all-time favourite video game soundtracks ever; I still get chills whenever 'Emperor Arvis' comes on. A remake of this game with full cut-scenes and voice acting, as well as more lively graphics to support the mid-battle events would be a total dream come true. Every time I think about it potentially being a remake on the Switch, I hype myself to an unimaginable state of excitement.

So, anyway... What game would you like to see modernised/remastered?

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
    • Final Fantasy VI

With Octopath Traveler's inspiration being FFVI & its overall success, I think this is very well possible to remake this game using OT's graphical style---assuming there are no legal hurdles standing in the way of this.​

• Final Fantasy VII

Yes, there is a remake in development, but as an action game (perhaps ARPG). Despite this, all Final Fantasy VII needs graphical facelift to meet the technological prowess that exists, and probably a smoother AI. No need to smear the reputation of its legacy.​

• Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War & Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

With these titles never seeing the day of light outside Japan besides via fan-made ROMs, the aging of it's GUI, and the existence of the Nintendo Switch, this could present an opportunity for Nintendo & Intelligent Systems to bring these titles overseas at last.

• Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

Same case as the aforementioned with the GUI. With a facelift, this could make for an even more awesome presentation, and perhaps inspire further Ogre games---that is assuming this would ever happen.​

I could cite more; these five will serve sufficient.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wish they would remake the Sims 2 but without the glitches and with TS4 Graphics ALSO WHERE IS MY PLATINUM REMAKE

2 games I think could stand to be remade are:
    • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
      Sure, this game was technically remade and released for the Gameboy color, but I think of all Zelda titles, it deserves a remake/remaster the most. Instead of making it full-on 3D, I would be happy with 2.5D like A Link Between Worlds, or even a HD 2D experience akin to Blossom Tales.
    • The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
      These are super underrated handheld titles and they definitely deserve to be remade as well. I could see them doing well on the Switch. I love the replay factor of both games, and how one unlocks stuff in the other.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Games that imo i would like to see remade are:

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon (they are pretty underrated imo, i could even see them getting remakes and ports to pc or even porting the original ones with keyboard controls, since they were the first console exclusive mk games, imo i would be pretty happy to see an pc port with keyboard controls even with the original console version)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Not a huge deal, but since I've been really into Detroit: Become Human lately, I think some of Quantic Dreams' earlier games could use a makeover. I remember Heavy Rain looked great for its time but I was so shocked to see how dated the graphics actually are now, looking back. And Fahrenheit has looked a bit goofy for a while, haha.

Other than those, I'm still waiting for the Oblivion/Morrowind remakes! I think they have already given up on Skywind but Skyblivion is still in the works, but I feel like by the time it's actually complete, even Skyrim graphics will be obsolete.

TY

Id do anything to have these two games remade

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 as HD/Modern Remakes into one game because I still love playing those games even after getting R6 Siege. Plus R6 Vegas 1 and 2 are practically the same game with the same game engine so it wouldn't be that hard to remake those into one big game.

The R6 Vegas games had everything i liked for a shooter game - a Single player campaign, Terrorist Hunt that can be played offline or online (with friends), LOTS and i mean LOTS of collectables, the Hybrid FPS + 3rd person off shoulder view, and of course just the general feel of the R6 Vegas games.

Back