• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    It happened.

Couldn't make it up really, a direct relegation rival hiring the guy that started the season at Real Madrid.
    Definetly going to be looking over our backs for a couple more weeks now Newcastle have a proper manager.. Norwich and us both have horror run ins towards the last 4 games..

Hope we get something from Swansea tomorrow as our last 8 are
    Tottenham (Away), Man City (Home), Villa (Away), Liverpool (Home), Chelsea (Home), Everton (Away), West Brom (Home), Man Utd (Away) urghh its horrible that Villa game could be massive

Years
  • Well I guess we have found the reason behind our up and down form. Karanka has had a major falling out with the players. This is not a good time for a story like this to break, Charlton should be an easy win even for us but now it suddenly looks difficult.

I wonder how Benitez was convinced to take a job so far below him. It is obvious that Newcastle have big club potential, but as long as Ashley remains owner I fail to see how they will live up to that even with Benitez.

Years
  • Probably sold on that potential, and the fact they have almost as much spending power as the front pack. It would surely also be hard to do worse than Schteve and Pardew. I honestly thought he'd wait for Spurs to lose Poch, perhaps he really wanted back into the Premier League.

Karanka thing is a shame, just have to hope that a couple of wins can clear the air. You'd imagine Hull would end the season strong so you're going to need to get it sorted fast.

We play Man City in a bit.
    Spoiler:

Gotta say I like the look of the team though. Back 4 is the one I'd have been picking from the moment Klose signed, Bennett has been our last choice cb for most of the season despite being better than both Bassong and Martin. Hopefully Bamford can channel some of the energy he used to destroy us on a couple of occasions last season.

Ruddy

Martin - Bennett - Klose - Olsson

O'Neil - Howson

Redmond - Wessi - Jarvis

Bamford​

Years
  • Well you got away with a point and Bamf nearly scored a very nice goal. Good all round for you, how have City bottled this season so badly though?

If we beat Charlton and Hull which are our next two games then I'll be very confident we can do it whoever is in charge. Lose either of them and we will be looking very shaky.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    WHAT a game yesterday to be fair both teams deserved to win that on just glad it was us who grabbed the 3rd goal, safe without a doubt now no way we are going down now.
    Proud of the whole team fantastic achievement for us.... 6 points off Europe surely not do I dare to dream
    3 years on from beating Stevenage 1-0 in League One we are securing a Premier League status with a win
    We are Bournemouth anything is possible

Years
  • We are going to have a fixture pile-up towards the end of the season. Hope Danny can stay fit for most of these.

Years
  • And with that, probably another year in the Championship - Yay(!)

Nothing learned from previous games by Agnew. If Karanka does go, Agnew can't replace him at all.

On a more positive note, congrats on your surely certain safety now, tittlemouse.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    And with that, probably another year in the Championship - Yay(!)

Nothing learned from previous games by Agnew. If Karanka does go, Agnew can't replace him at all.

On a more positive note, congrats on your surely certain safety now, tittlemouse.
    I feel sorry for Boro fans deserve so much better, now we are going to get the boring Hull City coming up (YAY)

Sucks because I want Sheffield Wednesday to win the play offs, they deserve it after that goal against Watford last season :D

And thanks looking forward to another season of Premier League football and with a stadium upgrade looking like a bright future atleast if we go down next season we have some real upgrades stadium side.

Years
  • That's sad but well played those fans.

Not a good time for Boro to wobble but a result in their next game would change the mood. Really need something positive going into April seeing as you'll have a game every few days.

Our stadium won't be properly upgraded for a while [UEA study says we can go to 35k but the board only want to do it when we show stability in the Premier League] but whichever league we're in next year there will be significant upgrades to our training facilities. Reading between the lines we missed out on Sebastien Haller in the January window thanks to this, not good. I guess it's understandable how that aspect of the club has been neglected over the last decade, we've either been in financial freefall our playing with one of the weakest squads in the league and needing to invest in that.

Edit - Hydration pool, full size flood lit 3g pitch, a second Carrow Road pitch replica, relaying of the indoor pitch, academy pitches, gyms, sports science labs, medical labs, physio rooms and rest and relaxation rooms are all getting added or upgraded from this summer onwards. Sounds expensive.

Last edited:

tonbo

~(˘▾˘~)
    Years
  • i'm yet to meet someone who signed vardy as a filler at the start of the season. i'm sure they're out there, and they must be the happiest people in the world.

Years
  • Well we still have Karanka so there's still a small chance we will go up. Lost about 90% of my confidence on that in the last few weeks though, Burnley & Hull are simply better than us right now and we would totally bottle the playoffs again.

vmU9mvm.png

Finally first in the PokéCommunity fantasy league (which has only 3 people left now)

I know there is only three of us, but I haven't checked on my team since gameweek 10, how am I still in with a chance?

Bournemouth would be 3rd if the season started on December 1st. What an insane run Howe has put together.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Bournemouth would be 3rd if the season started on December 1st. What an insane run Howe has put together.
    My confidence is so high right now I am believing we could do a Leicester next season with our full squad back (or atleast qualify for Europe if the impossible dosent happen and we sneak in this season), Gradel is AMAZING. I still cant get my head around why we are terrible every Feburary but then become world beaters in March every single season for the last 4 years.

Massive game for you on Friday away to Hull going to be the decider I feel

Years
  • It seems like after all the rumours, it might not have been a problem with the players, but instead Karanka just having some sort of personal crisis. Very bizarre.

My confidence is so high right now I am believing we could do a Leicester next season with our full squad back (or atleast qualify for Europe if the impossible dosent happen and we sneak in this season), Gradel is AMAZING. I still cant get my head around why we are terrible every Feburary but then become world beaters in March every single season for the last 4 years.

Massive game for you on Friday away to Hull going to be the decider I feel

You still have some players ready to come back as well to boost your efforts next season. I'm not sure all the 'big' teams will be so bad next year so I'm not sure if you can have a run at Europe, but it would be fun if you did. We also have a strange trend, it's basically being one of the best teams in the Championship for the first half of the season and then completely falling apart. This would be the 5th season in 7 if we fail to get promoted again.

It definitely will be the decider of which way we're going. It's hard to see us winning unless changes are made to be honest. Downing and Leadbitter at the very least could do with a sit out or we're almost guaranteed to not score.

I've decided to help Boro out tonight by including a Brighton win in tonight's bet. Thank me later, Nuke.

Here's hoping Dougie being sacked will give Forest a boost for their game with Hull and then that's both of them sorted.

Back