• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer customization expansion wishlist

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • You do have to admit it gets annoying that the bag styles were dependent on gender, but it appears we're likely still going to have the male stuck with backpacks while the female will still keep the shoulder bags knowing what I feel will happen.

idk give me my briefcase that I can lug around, and some suit and ties, and pants. lol.

Years
  • idk give me my briefcase that I can lug around, and some suit and ties, and pants. lol.

I think the reason why Game Freak stuck to one bag design for each gender (backpacks for males, shoulder bags for females) was so that they wouldn't have to make entirely new renders just for a minor feature.

It was also why the bags in X/Y stuck to a design theme, a sling-over for males and totes for females. In fact, the male's bag options in X/Y had no differences other than simple recolours.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I think the reason why Game Freak stuck to one bag design for each gender (backpacks for males, shoulder bags for females) was so that they wouldn't have to make entirely new renders just for a minor feature.

It was also why the bags in X/Y stuck to a design theme, a sling-over for males and totes for females. In fact, the male's bag options in X/Y had no differences other than simple recolours.

all I see is laziness.

just kidding. yeah programming different cases for m/f would be difficult but a man could wish right? I dream of the day I could explore a pokemon world in suit and tie lol

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Trainer Customization!

With the embark of a new game comes along with the joys of trainer customization!
    Here are clippets of the new & improved protagonists if you don't recall them:

tumblr_or517p3MGn1r8sc3ro1_540_zpsudnavpm9.gif
    tumblr_or517p3MGn1r8sc3ro2_540_zpsgbmldfq7.gif

Pretty cool right?

Here's what it looks like what new articles & styles of design we'll be getting!

Male Customization:
    -Board shorts! They remind me of the shorts for the male protagonist in B2W2
    -Leggings/Wetsuit/Tights/Whatever you want to call them! Gotta love that fad right guys
    -New Hairstyle! You'll be receiving that dashing swoop that'll make everyone jealous (hopefully)

Female Customization:
    -New Hairstyles! Look at those braids!!! (I'm in love)
    -New Hair design! Gotta love that huge decal on the boat hair
    -New Floral pattern! Pink Hibiscus all the way
    -New Shorts design! Matching with the Male's board shorts, it seems like there's a cropped legging underneath them, giving that B2W2 character vibe

Anyways, that's all in the trailer to break down!
    What are your opinions on the starting design? What are you hoping to see? Do you like USUM's base character design than SM's? Why or why not? Discuss below with any questions & comments!

Years
  • all I see is laziness.

just kidding. yeah programming different cases for m/f would be difficult but a man could wish right? I dream of the day I could explore a pokemon world in suit and tie lol

Funny you say that since a shirt with a vest and tie was one of the female clothing options in X/Y. But yeah, programming different bag styles would be a hassle in itself since they do have system capabilities to take into account, on top of the fact backpacks are mainly used by men while I always see women carrying handbags and totes. Gotta stick with what's trendy as they say.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • More hairstyle and more colors for sure <3 The clip does show a new hairstyle, pretty sure there will be more. I could never have enough clothes in those game so bring them on!!

Years
  • More hairstyle and more colors for sure <3 The clip does show a new hairstyle, pretty sure there will be more. I could never have enough clothes in those game so bring them on!!

I can't easily tell if the male has a new hairstyle since his hat is obscuring it, but the female does have a hairstyle that I'm pretty sure wasn't in the original S/M, so I guess we've got confirmed that there will be new hair options.

Years
  • I really want them to add red hair! A natural shade, not like the wine red you get at the end of the game. I was really bummed when they had like a million shades of brown but no red so I couldn't make my character look like me.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • Oh man, there's so much they can do here. I just hope, in the most general sense possible, they really try to bring the customization up to the standards of current gaming titles - although I was elated when they were initially introduced in the Pokemon franchise, I feel like they've fallen a little flat when it comes to implementation - by all means not a bad feature, but worth expounding; there's assuredly room for improvement. This could really be an area they try to tackle in USUM.

Years
  • I really want them to add red hair! A natural shade, not like the wine red you get at the end of the game. I was really bummed when they had like a million shades of brown but no red so I couldn't make my character look like me.

I find it shocking we haven't had very reddish hair so far. X/Y had that orange option as the closest thing, but S/M took it further away with that wine red. I do hope US/UM adds new hair colours, so if we get stuck with the same options as S/M I'd feel sympathy for any person with red hair who can't recreate that look on their trainer.

I remembered going through that problem in X/Y in that I had to settle on my trainer self having dark brown hair, and now S/M added the Ash Brown which is much more close to my real hair.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Like always, I want more. ^_^ But I'll narrow it down to a few things:

-Bring dresses back yesterday
    -No colour restrictions
    -Swimwear, cold weather wear, formal wear, etc.
    -More accessories, especially earrings.
    -Variety of hair colour options. I want to have purple hair. =3
    -Many, many, many more styles
    -More make-up options
    -Allow people to buy items designed for the opposite gender. Or just make some items unisex.
    -Allow for custom designed items, ie. have a plain shirt that you can take to a shop to put your favourite Pok?mon on it.
    -Special outfits based on popular trainers throughout the series.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh man, there's so much they can do here. I just hope, in the most general sense possible, they really try to bring the customization up to the standards of current gaming titles - although I was elated when they were initially introduced in the Pokemon franchise, I feel like they've fallen a little flat when it comes to implementation - by all means not a bad feature, but worth expounding; there's assuredly room for improvement. This could really be an area they try to tackle in USUM.

I can definitely understand you, because while the customization has been a successful feature, it hasn't always been perfect, especially compared to the freedom of the avatar customization that the Animal Crossing games have.

Back