• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever gotten bored of playing Pokémon?

Years
  • As the title says, have you ever gotten tired/bored of playing Pokémon? Did you take a break? If so, how long was it?

I've seen people mention that they didn't like x game or generation and stopped playing, only to return with a future title so I'm curious to see what others say!!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Tbh yes, as much as I enjoy the game I only turn my game on to get new wi-fi gifts if any etc.
    I have not touched my LGE since completion and it's been a looooong time since I switched on my 3DS.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Yes, but never for very long. I do love it a lot, but it's only one of my many hobbies- and I often cycle through them. I think the longest period I went with being disinterested in Pokemon was half a year. It's such a constant in my life that I don't see myself ever getting completely bored of it.

Years
  • Yes. To be truthful, I haven't played USUM in months.

But to be honest? That just... kind of happens. After several generations of the same thing over and over again, I feel it's only natural to get tired of the tried and true formula and to take a bit of a break from it.

I've actually been thinking about only playing Pokemon in short bursts if anything else just to keep my interest up. Would be nice instead of burning myself out over long sessions like I've traditionally been doing.

Years
  • It is not too rare for me to take a break from the games. It usually happens when the newest games have been out for a while and I have played them several times, that I stop playing them until new ones have been announced. That usually gets me excited again and makes me want to start playing. The longest period has probably been half a year or so. The most recent one this year a few months iirc.

I have to say though that now, with more relevant titles being out again from nostalgic to fresh, I usually rotate them. Right now I started to play Gold on my 3DS again after forgetting I had it for a while, but I'm already looking forward to starting several runs of different gens. I don't expect to get bored anytime soon. Might also want to get into battling again, so if anyone's looking for a battle buddy, hit me up. :)

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Yeah, i'm not into the "fill the pokedex" mission so once i beat everything the games are getting bored

Back