• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga This anime is kid friendly

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Say you have a young relative, we'll just say, in sixth grade, I guess, looking to get into anime/manga. What are some relatively kid friendly series you'd recommend to them? Absolutely no trolly answers, please.

---

I honestly could recommend Kitchen Princess to any middle schooler. It's really kid friendly. No fan service, swearing, or heavy violence.

For anime, Gakuen Alice is good for younger kids, and Shugo Chara. My Hero Academia for later middle school kids who are 13 or 14 as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    One Piece. It's fairly kid friendly with some mature themes that I'm sure a middle schooler could handle. I mean I got into One Piece when I was in 6th grade. There's no seinen like content, and there's barely any deaths, excluding fodder.

Years
  • As an introduction I'd probably pick something based on their individual hobbies and interests.

Can't see many young boys enjoying Kitchen Princess in all honesty, or even Shugo Chara. I liked Cardcaptors as a kid but those are on another level.

Years
  • Recommendations depend on the kid, but a bog standard Shonen Jump or Shoujo Beat type of series would work for many kids (and established gender expectations will likely play a factor in which series they gravitate toward), particularly the more actiony ones. You could basically pick anything that made it into the American release of Shonen Jump and have it be a hit with a 6th grade kid.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Doraemon will be a good watch. I watched it as a kid and it was fun to see nobita and doraemon try to solve situations using doraemon's devices.

i don't have a recommendation for a manga though (don't read them much)

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Yo-kai watch. Its so funny and they censor some violent stuff.

of course pokemon is a pick of mine too but thats probably too obvious/this thread is meant for anime other than pokemon? :P

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Ooh, I'd recommend Digimon Xros Wars! It's a lovable, upbeat anime with an easy-to-follow story, and it has just the right amount of emotion for a simplistic series. ^^ The show is filled with so many heartwarming and encouraging scenes, while the comedic moments can be quite hilarious as well! Oh yeah, and the soundtrack is very charming if that counts for anything. :D

It's a lot easier to enjoy this series if you aren't looking for revolutionary ideas or cleverly thought-out writing, hence it would probably be more appealing for kids to watch!

Years
  • Beyblade metal fusion or G-revolution ( if he/she is ok with old animation quality )
    B-DAMAN crossfire is cool too.
    Inazuma eleven..good animation, easy to follow. It might even pump him up to pick football xD

Back