• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Medal Challenge

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So. How many medals did you manage to get in B2W2? Which one was the hardest to get? How would have you altered the Medal system in game?

A lot you say? Well do I have a personal challenge for you! I dare anyone reading this to complete THESE objectives:.

- Catch a shiny Pokémon without the use of any external devices
    - Defeat the elite four with only a Stunfisk
    - Defeat N (in any battle) by only using Metronome
    - Complete a musical without being bored to sleep

Tough stuff. You can compete then if you WANT TO but what I'm saying is we really needed hard out of the box challenges... and for that guy to talk to you less. What do you guys think?

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    TBH, I don't think I particularly bothered that much to get the medals. I probably got, if I had to guess, somewhere between 75-100. Can't remember which one was the hardest to get (since, again, I didn't exactly go after them), but alterations I would've made is easy: remove the medals that involve Funfest Missions and online multiplayer/Dream World. The former being because... well, not everybody has access to... what was one of them, having 100 people in a Funfest Mission or something dumb like that? Online multiplayer/Dream World being because it inevitably goes away, and thus, makes the player unable to obtain all of the medals.

As for your personal challenges, I've actually completed one of them: that being getting a shiny. Can't remember if I ever did a musical, but if I did, it was probably in the first B/W games.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh my god. I never talk to that guy because I don't care about the medals and omg. GOD FORBID YOU TALK TO HIM AFTER IGNORING HIM THE WHOLE GAME BECAUSE YOU WILL BE THERE FOR A WHILE.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I remember talking to him on accident once and I regretted my decision so so so much. He gave me so many medals. After that, I don't think I've ever spoken to him again.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Currently doing a challenge on my B2, and I decided to talk to the guy every time I see him, because during my last run I ignored him the whole time, and then I accidentally talked to him very very late in the game, and I thought I was going to throw my 3ds out the window because he JUST WOULDN'T SHUT UP.

As for the toughest medal, I actually got pokerus last night, I think for the first time ever on my B2, and I actually talked to the guy before healing, and he said "yo here's the pokerus discoverer medal" and I nearly spilled my drink. So yeah, that's definitely the toughest one for me.

Years
  • Wait. . . there were medals? Ohohoho! I kid, I kid. Unfortunately some of those medals are, as of now, unobtainable due to the loss of the GTS.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Currently doing a challenge on my B2, and I decided to talk to the guy every time I see him, because during my last run I ignored him the whole time, and then I accidentally talked to him very very late in the game, and I thought I was going to throw my 3ds out the window because he JUST WOULDN'T SHUT UP.

As for the toughest medal, I actually got pokerus last night, I think for the first time ever on my B2, and I actually talked to the guy before healing, and he said "yo here's the pokerus discoverer medal" and I nearly spilled my drink. So yeah, that's definitely the toughest one for me.
    That's awesome, got the hardest without even needing to do anything!

Honestly the more I think about it... the creators purposely wanted to annoy every fan lol there's no other way around it!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I loved trying to get as many Medals as I could! I don't remember how many I got, but the completionist in me tried to get everything that I could. Although the way gen 6 streamlined receiving them into the PGL was definitely more convenient, as receiving Medals from Mr. Medal took quite some time if you racked up enough at once...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • If anyone knows me well in gaming, I LOVE achievement hunting. So the medals were something I really loved. During my first run of BW2, I was always wanting to get every medal. But since I use my BW2 for challenge run now, I don't really talk to him anymore since it's kinda pointless in a challenge run :P
    Although I did get the Pokerus medal on my Red monotype challenge run on my White 2 cartridge! :)

Back