• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Crystal Leaf

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2022
    Pokemon Crystal Leaf

This is a hack of Pokemon Crystal, made using the disassembly.

Intro

Mainly what this hack does is add in a follower mechanic, similar to Yellow or HeartGold/SoulSilver. The difference is that, instead of having your Pokemon follow you, it's another player.

Features

Play as Red and Leaf
    - Hold B and press Select to switch between them
    - Use two different teams!
    - Battle and trade with eachother
    All Pokemon are available without trading with another game
    Instant text speed option (used for debugging but forgot to remove =P)
    Feraligatr can learn Waterfall (it bothers me that it can't in the base game lol)

Screenshots

Pokemon Crystal Leaf
    Pokemon Crystal Leaf
    Pokemon Crystal Leaf

Pokemon Crystal Leaf
    Pokemon Crystal Leaf
    Pokemon Crystal Leaf

Pokemon Crystal Leaf

Credit

Me for the code
    FroggestSpirit and Mmmmmm for music
    TastySnax12 and Farore for sprites

Download / Other links

Pokemon Crystal Leaf v1.4.1 at https://files.catbox.moe/4hbag4.zip
    Source code available at https://github.com/AtmaBuster/crystalleaf

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This does seem pretty dope tbh, while it's not something I'd personally play, but if the source code is implemented creatively in a future ROM hack, that would be sick.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • This seems pretty cool?

does it mean you can technically have 12 Pokemon on you at one time, but only 6 can be used in battle?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    This seems pretty cool?

does it mean you can technically have 12 Pokemon on you at one time, but only 6 can be used in battle?

Having played this a bit, I can answer. Yes, but not only 6 in battle. Its more 6 Pokemon for Red, 6 Pokemon for Leaf, since you can only play as one at a time but the one you dont play as acts as a follower.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    This hack looks great, but I'm having trouble patching this even following the readme file.

I'm using the 1.0 Crystal from but still, nothing no matter which patch I use.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Ooooh, I'm interested in playing this hack! I've always loved the follower Trainers/Stat Trainers in D/P/Pt, so seeing this implemented to a whole hack has me stoked.

One question, though: Since this is a hack of Crystal after all, have you considered making another patch that changes the graphics of the player characters to Gold and Kris? I know that this hack is named for Leaf, but I would also like to play as Gen II's original protagonists someday. You don't have to do it, but I figured out I'd make the suggestion.

crap-zapper

Zapper the Tauros Tamer
    Years
  • This is unique and fun. I love the extra storage, and in these type of games I enjoy completing the dex, so it's nice.
    Also. Outside of Olivine City I used surf and met a Mew lvl. 20, but when I caught it, it was Ditto. Mew in the dex, but Ditto is what I apparently caught. Was this intentional?

Days
    • Seen Feb 10, 2024
    This rom sounds awesome. Battle versus your own built Pokémon is the best part for me, but I'm having an issue about this. After defeating Falkner, every time I try to battle versus Leaf/Red my game freezes

Back