• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Pokemon you feel did not need a Sinnoh evolution.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Aipom, Yanma, Togetic, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Piloswine, Sneasel, Gligar

Some of the gen 4 evos I find are ugly and I'm a bit biased, but GF could have honestly just give most of them better stats and avoided the plethora of evos they handed out like candy in gen 4. Porygon2 is the only one I am okay with since it gets Eviolite and Porygon Z is cool and plays
    differently in battle

Last edited:
    Years
  • That a hard choice to make... most of them were irrelevant during gen 2

Murkrow and misdreavus did get more spotlight during gen 4 than gen 2. ( because instead of promoring new pokemon and add them to gym leaders... let make sure falkner and Morty got one pokemon evolution line on their team...)

Anyone remember Pryce's Piloswine? me either, so adding Mamoswine did make him shine even more than whatever Piloswine was suppose to be.

My vote gonna go for Aipom to be honest... It nice that they make an evolution for him, but I kind of expect to be something better.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This topic fits more in Fourth Generation due to the things discussed. Sending it over to colours! :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Aipom would've been fine as a standalone Pok?mon and I really don't see the need for an evolution. We had plenty of great cross-gen evolutions introduced during that generation and that's when I feel like it started to become a little excessive.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I think Aipom would've been fine as a standalone Pok?mon and I really don't see the need for an evolution. We had plenty of great cross-gen evolutions introduced during that generation and that's when I feel like it started to become a little excessive.

Yep. Ambipom isn't even that good in battle and looks kind of ugly.

Years
    • Seen today
    There are no Pokemon that I think shouldn't have gotten an evolution in Gen 4. However, I do think Nosepass should've gotten a better looking evo.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    There are no Pokemon that I think shouldn't have gotten an evolution in Gen 4. However, I do think Nosepass should've gotten a better looking evo.

Probopass is weird looking, but I like its nose hair. But why don't you think all of them don't need an evolution?

Years
    • Seen today
    Probopass is weird looking, but I like its nose hair. But why don't you think all of them don't need an evolution?
    Most of them actually needed one. Even the ones that are good enough on their own (Rhydon, Electabuzz, Porygon2) got some sort of boost because of their evolution.

Back