• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen #3 - What are you looking forward to the most?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ruins_of_Alph_Item_C.png

What hypes you up about the Virtual Console releases? What parts are you looking forward to re-exploring the most? Discuss!

Dragon is busy thus I am posting!

BlissyMKW

Rawr
    Years
  • Other than the non dying battery (unless I somehow kill my 3DS again), it'll be a good "do solo runs and other challenges on the go" game.

Years
  • Yeah the battery not dying is pretty big but I'm just so excited to play the games again tbh, it's been quite a few years and I've been desperate to replay Gen 2 for ages.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • My favorite Pokemon game where I know the batterie won't die so I can fully enjoy the day and night cycle? That's all I wished for.

Years
  • Just playing. Period. I never experienced Johto to it's fullest, so playing it will be an AWESOME experience.

Batteries NOT dying is also a plus. Man, the horror stories...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    THE BATTERY WON'T DIE.

This. Although I worry about the longevity of my 3DS, and of my SD card...

That, and just exploring everything again. I've played a few challenge runs more recently, but I haven't used the actual cartridges in years (since I never replaced the batteries), and I always feel more connected to my games when I play them on an actual console. I'm looking forward to having something "new" to play before bed on my 3DS, something I'm familiar with and don't need to think too much about.

I'm also excited about getting more into gen II breeding. I did a little bit at the time (that's when I first learned about egg moves, and it's also when I learned about stat experience and competitive battling), but not much, so I want to take a more competitive approach this time around than I did the first time. It's too bad Crystal's battle tower won't be available, nor will I be able to use my teams in Stadium 2; it would have been fun to have more uses for competitive gen II teams.

I worry that I'll be disappointed, because the games won't feel the same. I won't have my same team, most likely, and I won't have the same ID number, either. And there was something awesome about exploring Johto blindly for the first time, and learning a lot as a trainer along the way, and that won't be there. Regardless, though, I've had a really great time with the RBY releases, and I've put more time into the TCG game than I ever put into my original cartridge, so I'm sure my hours on Gold (and Silver) will be fairly high as well.

Back