• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

is it possible to love your starter more then the ones you catch? and do you?

Years
  • as title says, is it possible to love your starter more then the ones you catch? and do you?

i kinda do, sorta ♥

please tell me who your starter of any pokemon game are or were :)

the one i'm currently playing is pokemon white 2, i kinda want to start over again from the beginning to try and get a female tepig (whereas i have a male right now :), but i don't want to part with him

he's such a cute little piggy ♥

but i love the other pokemon that i've caught {:3}

i just had the question in my mind :)

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Of course! Your starter will always be your first, so it will always be special.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I do! I can't do a first run without my atster. I tried to put mine in a box once... and I could :o I feel like I've betrayed a friend hehe. I know it is just a game, but our starter Pokemon is special XD

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • what's your pokemon called atster? & what gender? :)

Male and named Dgiboux! (the way I say « Hiboux », french word for owl. guess my starter)

I usually don't name my Pokemon. The first I gave a nickname was a snivy calles Ramses. Right now I did called some of my Pokemon: Oricorio = Occorico and alolan sandshrew = Igloo

Years
  • Male and named Dgiboux! (the way I say ? Hiboux ?, french word for owl. guess my starter)

I usually don't name my Pokemon. The first I gave a nickname was a snivy calles Ramses. Right now I did called some of my Pokemon: Oricorio = Occorico and alolan sandshrew = Igloo

since you said owl, i'm guessing rowlet, perhaps :)

Last edited:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Nothing stops you from using your starter ALOT

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • lol i've started ditching my starter more and more. and since i only get attached to those i play with for a long time then... i don't tend to love them as much haha

Years
  • I've only ever not used my starter Pokemon once in like 11 years of playing Pokemon lmao, they're definitely special and I feel like I love them more than those that I catch.

(Although I don't think I'll love anything more than my Shiny Absol)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I've only boxed my starter once, and I don't think I even completed that game. They're generally too powerful to ignore, and I get pretty attached to them as well haha.

Years
  • Through Moon I overly favoured Decidueye, he way out leveled everyone else on my team (Sucked in the E4) . But since I've settled down, took a deep breath and started Sun, my team is balanced and Incineroar is not even my highlest level on my team.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • Nothing like the bond between you and your starter, haha. ^^ I just love my Monferno in Platinum to death, and I can't imagine ever boxing him for good. Though, that's really the only game where I got super attached to my starter. Nowadays I don't really mind boxing the starter in favor for other Pokemon I have more of a preference for.

Years
  • For me, the starter is always my most special and used pokemon. They're always made stronger and they're cool looking.

Except in RSE and ORAS, where gardevoir is always the lead and is my favorite pokemon to use. Also in Moon ever since I got that shiny Gardevoir...

Back