• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just a Mafia Game: No Two the Same [Day 6/Game Over]

Years
Don't everyone post something all at once now...

I have some reservations about lynching Home for not claiming, namely that he could be silenced, not that that's a clear but I don't really want to lynch someone who can't defend themselves. I don't really have a strong feelings one way or the other about him, but it seems odd he didn't talk yesterday at all when he was such a flashpoint for the discussion. And I agree it would be nice if he claimed, but he definitely shouldn't out the Loudmouth. Assuming there's still a Loudmouth.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
I can't be around till the end of the day, but I just hope we don't forceclaim an important PR, kind of want to wait and see before forcing Home to potentially kill himself.

Years
Okay, Home, I can see you're online right now, so either post something in the next few minutes or forever hold your peace.

Please and thank you.

EDIT: Aaaand he left, awesome.

EDIT 2 (the rant): Okay, well, it's not like anyone's viewing this page right now, so here's my late-night thoughts on the situation at hand.

We have a Home who ain't talking. Maybe he's silenced. Maybe he's remaining silent by choice for no readily apparent reason. Whatever, that's not really tied to the point I'm about to make. Which is: we should not lynch Home today, barring him getting caught in a lie some time after this point, if for no other reason than he might get modkilled at the end of the current day, which would make that the waste of a perfectly good lynch.

So to me, it seems we oughta find another lynch target in the spare time we've got. And I propose Mr. James as that target based on the following evidence:

Mr. James said:
It may seem that I am protecting someone, but I would like to refrain from random voting, for I think that there will be an interesting happening in this game. And furthermore, I advise to not lynch a player that could be a potential town. Instead of Kiyotaka Ishimaru, why not vote Miah or Ida13?

A few things wrong with this post:

1. "It may seem that I am protecting someone" - you got that right. Why are you defending someone else from a D1 random vote?

2. The reason for protecting him (in bold above) is complete garbage. Namely because it describes literally everyone in the game.

3. Including Miah and Ida13. Who he suggests as alternate targets for no readily apparent reason. And to whom the same reason he gave for protecting Kiyo applies.

4. Reacting this way to a D1 random vote on someone else is really, really suspicious. I mean, there was only one person on him, and Abby had randvoted Bard a couple posts later, so it's not like there was some imminent risk of him being lynched. And even then, this is some extreme buddying right here.

Abby really kinda said it best one post later (not doing the tag right avoid notifying them):

Why Miah or Ida then?

Then Mr. James asks this to Bard:

Mr. James said:
Are you cop, tracker or dreamer?

What kind of question is this? On D1? If an investigative role has something to share, they'll tell you about it. Attempting to out investigative roles D1 just screams scum.

He tries to justify it a couple posts later:

Mr. James said:
It may seem that I am trying my chances with a PR outting, but as it should look like, I did think that Bard had something more than a guess.

Well, uh, he actually more had... probability, and 3/7 is about the best scum-finding odds you get D1.

And then there's this crap:

Mr. James said:
And for me and Kiyotaka being scum together, would someone really risk making it obvious as it is? I think not.
I was merely trying to keep a possible town alive.

I don't know. Why would someone buddy a townie then toss a couple of other users under the bus... when they fall under the exact same reasoning as your reason for keeping your buddy alive?

Before you bust that one out again, remember it's not my job to justify bad scum play.

Oh, and here's these gems:

Mr. James said:
By what I see, you seem confident that I am scum. Whereas I am not. You have not even properly analyzed my posts.

Mr. James said:
I am sad for seeing that you also have not fully analyzed my posts.

Okay, then before I vote you, I'll give you a chance to enlighten me and anyone else suspicious of you of the mystical deeper meaning behind your incredibly scummy posts that us mere mortals cannot comprehend.

Oh yeah, and then this doesn't make sense:

Mr. James said:
I did not say that Kiyotaka Ishimaru is innocent in any of my posts, I have only said an alternative to their vote.

But... if you don't have strong feelings one way or the other about him, why would you 1) jump to his aid needlessly or 2) suggest 2 other people who have the exact same chance of being innocent as him or anyone else picked apparently at random?

But, as I said, I'll give you a chance before I vote for you, to explain yourself to those of us who can't see your apparently brilliant mafia meta-strategy.

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I don't think silence should have any effect on whether or not someone is inactive. Would be really unfair to them, so with this in mind we can pretty much assume they are not silenced.

Sparkin

I think Home's silenced, we can not lynch them, and whoever is the loudmouth, they know it. I think it's a good idea making her revisit the loudmouth

Mr. James

But, as I said, I'll give you a chance before I vote for you, to explain yourself to those of us who can't see your apparently brilliant mafia meta-strategy.

[Lynch] Ida13

I am terrible at softing, it seems.

You are right. Why would I defend a random vote?
Simply to soft.

Years
Okay, looks like we solved the Home problem.

Now what do we do until then

(and by the way @Mr. James, you have to vote in PMs starting today.)

Years
I really doubt the Home problem will be solved so easily, he's been sporadic in activity anyway.

I meant when Spark/Bard suggested that we lynch Home tomorrow if the Loudmouth doesn't report his visit tonight.

Also, what do other people think about the Mr. James situation as it stands currently?

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Him being silenced may be a possibility? To be honest, I wasn't really following the Mr. James case, so I need to reread that part.

Years
Yeah, Home might be silenced, but that wouldn't stop him from being able to visit the Loudmouth again tonight, in which case we'll know he's innocent, at least of being Cult Leader.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Home is probably silenced.
Wait a while to let her defend herself before lynching her, okay?
If she doesn't, then we lynch her.
[lynch]Mr. James
You're acting really suspicious.
Also you're not explaining yourself.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, so there's like an hour and a half left in the phase, and frankly since the guy basically outed himself - assuming he's not lying - as an investigative role, I'd really like to see Mr. James hardclaim something.

Mr. James said:

You out there?

Mr. James

I do think that I will be voted secretly if I do not out myself, so I will do it.
I am the dreamer, and on D1 I tried to soft by saying Kiyotaka Ishimaru, Miah and Ida13. At least one of them is mafia, is that I was told.
That is the reason I voted for Ida13, and as we did see, Miah is innocent, and so the mafia is between these two.
Such a terrible soft.

EDIT: And unfortunately, I was visited on N1.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Home is probably silenced.
Wait a while to let her defend herself before lynching her, okay?
If she doesn't, then we lynch her.
[lynch]Mr. James
You're acting really suspicious.
Also you're not explaining yourself.

Pretty sure votes are anonymous since lightkeeper died.

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
Extending the day phase by 12 hours (or whenever I get out of bed tomorrow, whichever comes later) because I'm still missing quite a few votes. Also a reminder that in-thread votes DO NOT COUNT today due to the Lightkeeper's death, they must be PM'ed or Discord DM'ed to me.

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years

Night 2

Time's up!
(I wasn't in bed this whole time ok, I had to go shopping and forgot about updating this first xD)

Ida13 was lynched. She was the Godfather

Edit: SirDolan has been replaced by Swiftie 2.0.

You've got about 11 hours from now (now being 2pm BST) to get your actions in, seeing as I'm busy today so I won't be able to change the phases in 2 hours time.

The Players

Pecilia as ???
Abby as A Cult Member
Swiftie 2.0 as ???
Bardothren as ???
Kiyotaka Ishimaru as ???
Earth Traveler as ???
Swiftie as The Veteran
BidoofFTW as ???
purplecicada as The Jailor
gimmepie as ???
Sparkin as ???